Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detroit Lions

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/87...t-lions-antics

I didn't know if this should be classified as the most dislikable team in the NFL, most dislikable head coach in the NFL or the most undisciplined team in the NFL. Either way - I think they are all intertwined.

I sympathized with the Lions during the Matt Millen years and tried to give them the benefit of the doubt last year. But watching them in action, they are a bunch of punks. I was a huge Suh fan in college and early in the NFL, but I'm not sure about him - his rap sheet has grown a bit sketchy to continue giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I wasn't too disappointed to see Andrew Luck, find a little yesterday in Detroit. What say you Jacks fans? I want a team with a little swagger - but this Detroit Lions team is a little TOO MUCH "Bad boys - Detroit Pistons" for me. I'll take character and quiet confidence.

Re: Detroit Lions

BTW - sorry Mike Hendrickson. Just "throwing it out there"!

Comment

I like Stafford and Megatron. I don't have a huge problem with Suh, even though it's obvious he plays dirty. I really don't like Schwartz though.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        I like Stafford and Megatron. I don't have a huge problem with Suh, even though it's obvious he plays dirty. I really don't like Schwartz though.
        Schwartz should be in trouble if they keep sliding in the final month. The blunder he made on Thanksgiving Day by calling fo a review on an un-reviewable play cost them that game. He is way too cocky for the little he has achieved in his career.

Comment

They go 10-6 last year and think they are invincible. Now they are in a

(freefall)
          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Suh has been a problem off the field as well lately, from wrecking his car last summer in Portland to a hit and run this fall and just lately a reckless driving charge. Titus Young has been causing problems also http://blacksportsonline.com/home/20...ssing-offense/ http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...young_s_1.html. Other than that and some guys in trouble this summer the Lions are just snake bit this years. Breaks just dont come their way. The coach is totally fed up with the play of the team and is not shy to express that. The owners have his back and if he ever leaves it will be by his choice not theirs.

Comment

Admit it, the reason you hate them is former Coyote star Stephan Logan is their featured punt return man.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                Admit it, the reason you hate them is former Coyote star Stephan Logan is their featured punt return man.
                Oh really, I did not know that. Good for Logan. Keep hanging around and you will soon have a solid NFL pension like Bouman.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  Oh really, I did not know that. Good for Logan. Keep hanging around and you will soon have a solid NFL pension like Bouman.
                  Reminds of being the scorekeeper for the Willie Mac tournament in Brookings last year and on the bench next to me was Todd Bauman coaching his little sons team. Totally inconspicuous. Didn't even realize it was him until somebody pointed it out.
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                    Suh has been a problem off the field as well lately, from wrecking his car last summer in Portland to a hit and run this fall and just lately a reckless driving charge. Titus Young has been causing problems also http://blacksportsonline.com/home/20...ssing-offense/ http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf...young_s_1.html. Other than that and some guys in trouble this summer the Lions are just snake bit this years. Breaks just dont come their way. The coach is totally fed up with the play of the team and is not shy to express that. The owners have his back and if he ever leaves it will be by his choice not theirs.
                    The owners are a big part of the problem. How many years did they have Matt Millen's back ?

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                      You got me.

Honestly - Logan is the only person on that team that I can cheer for. Matthew Stafford is very talented, but just reminds me of a spoiled little kid. As I said earlier, Schwartz is competing with Pete Carroll for the easiest coach to cheer against.

Comment

Matt Stafford makes Christian Ponder look like Bart Starr.

Comment

Working...
                        X