Trent Miles to Georgia State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trent Miles to Georgia State

Georgia State hires ISUB coach Trent Miles.

http://tribstar.com/breakingnews/x19...-Georgia-State

Re: Trent Miles to Georgia State

I didn't realize Trent Miles was masochistic.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Yeah I hope he is getting paid big to take over that trainwreck of a program...that said I never though anyone could turn ISUB into a winner and he did somehow.

Comment

Miles was one of my favorite coaches in the MVFC to hear get interviewed because he was blunt and didn't use hardly any coach speak. I think he did a heck of a job at InSU and I wish him the best at his new position, but man is it going to be tough at Georgia State.

Say what you want about Indiana State as a program before he got there, but at least it wasn't a commuter school in downtown Atlanta in which it would be flattering to call them an "afterthought" in that market. He desereves a BCS job immediately if can make that program competitive.
        - Steven Wright

Comment

With all the discussion about Stig and getting big names, it seems GSU did about the same thing with Bill Curry that the Yotes did (although it's early) in hiring Joe Glenn. A lesson I remember from my earlier years in St. Louis when the Cardinals hired Bud Wilkinson is that sometimes finding a coach with too much experience is not the best way to go about it. I got a masters from Georgia State almost forty years ago, and I just can't see them doing much of anything in the Atlanta market, so this will be tough for anybody.

Comment

It will be tough for him for sure, at ISU he was able to bring in some transfers right away, but he didn't really continue that track only having a handful on the roster this year and working more with the high school recruits. They are going up to BCS so it'll be interesting how he does in the first couple of years. Its much easier to do at the FCS level then the FBS level.

Comment

Is the Sunbelt that much tougher than FCS?

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
                Is the Sunbelt that much tougher than FCS?
                Last year Indiana State beat WKU by about 3 scores. I think WKU won the belt last year, and ISU didn't even make the playoffs. This year McNeese beat Middle Tennessee State, and I think MTSU won the belt this year. McNeese State didn't even come close to the playoffs. So count me as a person not impressed at all with the sun belt.

Comment

Tough loss for the Sycamores. He was a very good coach there, and really did a good job building that program up.

Will be interesting to see what happens there in the future.

I agree with Kemo, he was one of my favorite coaches in the Valley. Actually, I'd go as far to say my favorite coach, after our own Coach Stig.

Comment

Interesting article on the challenges Miles will face at Georgia State:

http://blogs.ajc.com/jeff-schultz-bl...georgia-state/
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/eve...cle/id/253226/

I didn't think this was worthy of it's own thread, but looks like Western Illinois has gone into the NSIC to fill it's current head coach opening. Good hire? - He had a pretty salty record at UMD.

Comment

Originally posted by MaddogJack View Post
                        http://www.duluthnewstribune.com/eve...cle/id/253226/

I didn't think this was worthy of it's own thread, but looks like Western Illinois has gone into the NSIC to fill it's current head coach opening. Good hire? - He had a pretty salty record at UMD.
                        I think its a great hire and well worth its own thread. WIU can build on success with this guy. He made UMD a powerhouse at the DII level.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                        X