NDSU/SDSU common opponents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU/SDSU common opponents

I just posted this a bit ago on Bisonville, but figured you all would find this interesting:

Well, much is being made of how tough the Jacks played NDSU a few short weeks ago. I have seen many folks posting different numbers, and it got me to thinking how did the teams did with common opponents:

Indiana State 10
    SDSU 24

Indiana State 17
    NDSU 14

So, at this point, +17 point differential for SDSU.

Missouri St. 7
    SDSU 17

Missouri St. 17
    NDSU 21

So, point differential on this game is +6 for SDSU, running the overall to +23 for SDSU. This is also when this exercise gets fun!

UNI 27
    SDSU 6

UNI 33
    NDSU 21

So, point differential on this game is +33 for NDSU, flipping the overall to +10 for NDSU.

Youngstown 28
    SDSU 41

Youngstown 7
    NDSU 48

So, point differential on this game is +28 for NDSU, making the overall total +38 for NDSU.

SIU 12
    SDSU 16

SIU 17
    NDSU 23

So, point differential on this game is +2 for NDSU, making the overall total +40 for NDSU.

USD 8
    SDSU 31

USD 0
    NDSU 54

So, point differential on this game is +31 for NDSU, making the overall total a staggering +71 for NDSU, not including the win over SDSU. Granted, NDSU was on a seek and destroy mission for the USD game. I pity any fool that played them that week.

With all this said, I think we would all agree the top half of the league is much better than the rest. The common top tier opponents were Indiana St. and SIU. The point differential for those two games favors SDSU +15!

Observations:

1. It is clear NDSU really "played down" to Indiana St.'s level. They should have never lost that game and I am sure they would not have if not for the 2 pick 6's and the last interception.
    2. If you look at the stats for the SDSU-UNI game, UNI only had 70 more yards of offense. The two things that standout for SDSU were two turnovers and more penalty yards.

So, in my book, this game comes down to the team who does not turn the ball over or does it less. I tend to think NDSU is much better athletically both in starters and subs based on how bad they pasted many team that SDSU did not, but not sure this will matter on Saturday......

Re: NDSU/SDSU common opponents

So you're saying this could be a whale of game?

Comment

What about this common "opponent" Jack 17 Fizzonis 20?
      It's a long way to Saturday so let the Mental Masturbation over meaningless stats and scores begin!!!!!!!
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
        What about this common "opponent" Jack 17 Fizzonis 20?
        It's a long way to Saturday so let the Mental Masturbation over meaningless stats and scores begin!!!!!!!
        I was trying not to rub it in........

Comment

WTF? Why would you waste your time putting together a worthless comparison like this? Almost any statistic is going to favor the Bison. They won the conference, while they dominated most of their opponents. The game won't be played on paper, it will be played inside a toilet bowl of a dome. The final score of that game is the only statistic that will matter.
          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
            WTF? Why would you waste your time putting together a worthless comparison like this? Almost any statistic is going to favor the Bison. They won the conference, while they dominated most of their opponents. The game won't be played on paper, it will be played inside a toilet bowl of a dome. The final score of that game is the only statistic that will matter.
            At least we actually have toilet bowls..........
            BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
              I was trying not to rub it in........
              It's not rubbing it in...it's what happened. I like how the NDSU fans are generating an extra touchdown or two, against the Jacks D, in which they really couldn't score except for a complete mental breakdown of counting and an unfortunate penalty. Jensen isn't running this time, just so you know. We all know that 12th man was State's own not the Fizzoni faithful....your welcome.
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                It's not rubbing it in...it's what happened. I like how the NDSU fans are generating an extra touchdown or two, against the Jacks D, in which they really couldn't score except for a complete mental breakdown of counting and an unfortunate penalty. Jensen isn't running this time, just so you know. We all know that 12th man was State's own not the Fizzoni faithful....your welcome.
                SDSU couldn't do anything until late in the game when the Bison had a two score lead with little time left.

It's not rubbing it in, it's what happened.
                North Dakota State University
                11 Time National Champions
                '65, '68, '69, '83, '85, '86, '88, '90, '11, '12, '13

http://i.imgur.com/LwCVRnd.gif

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                  it will be played inside a toilet bowl of a dome..

Someone whose team calls Caughlin Alumni Stadium home is referring to the Fargodome as a toilet bowl??

Sham wow.

Comment

Originally posted by 344Johnson View Post
                    SDSU couldn't do anything until late in the game when the Bison had a two score lead with little time left.

It's not rubbing it in, it's what happened.
                    Let's not re-write history. The Bison only led by 3 when they scored with just over two minutes left. They had a two score lead for about a minute.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      Let's not re-write history. The Bison only led by 3 when they scored with just over two minutes left. They had a two score lead for about a minute.
                      And the margin would have been only six if not for a questionable roughing the passer call AND an inexcusable illegal substitution penalty. But spare the details..."the Bison were dominating until they went into prevent mode."
                      "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by jackbusiness09 View Post
                        So you're saying this could be a whale of game?
                        Cut all the silly analysis. ^^This^^ is all anyone needs to know until kickoff.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          That is the point. Don't rewrite history. South Dakota State fans have came across as implying that if not for a couple penalties, they win the game. That is rewriting history. Whether that is the implied message or not is a whole different story.

Comment

Originally posted by 344Johnson View Post
                            That is the point. Don't rewrite history. South Dakota State fans have came across as implying that if not for a couple penalties, they win the game. That is rewriting history. Whether that is the implied message or not is a whole different story.
                            Yes and bison fans say that they should never have lost the ISU Blue game, but they did.

Comment

There is no doubt that NDSU's defense held SDSU's offense in check for most of the Dakota Marker game. At the same time, SDSU's defense held NDSU's offense in check for most of the game, too. Both defenses were great. NDSU's was slightly better. I expect that both offenses will have some new tricks up their sleeves and whichever defense does a better job of adjusting to those will probably win. The Bison have some huge advantages: They are defending national champions. They almost never lose in the FargoDome in front of their enthusiastic fans. They have more playoff experience. They have the best defense in the country. I think SDSU's offense has improved a good bit since the last meeting. If they line up and try to stop Zenner, Sumner will make some plays. Will it be enough? Who knows. It's going to be a lot of fun to watch.

One thing is for certain: These are two of the best teams left in the tournament. It's a shame they aren't playing in a later round.
                              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                              X