Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All-MVFC: 10 Jackrabbits

Posted on GoJacks.com:

ST. LOUIS — Ten South Dakota State players, led by first-team selections Zach Zenner, Bryan Witzmann and Ross Shafrath, were honored on the 2012 all-Missouri Valley Football Conference Team on Monday....

Link: http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205771463

Congrats to the Jackrabbits!

Re: All-MVFC: 10 Jackrabbits

Nice showing by the Jacks. Congratulations and well deserved. thought Stigs should have gotten CoY but a win in Fargo will certainly suffice.

One question though. How did the third place team get 8 on first team?
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I just glanced at the list and was feeling pretty good about ourselves - lots of underclassmen Jackrabbits.

Then I looked at the Bizun and they outdid us again! (Good thing that's going to end on Saturday!)

ISURed has good representation - lots of SENIORS from the Redbirds. Things look good in the Dakotas for the future!

Comment

Originally posted by Prairiehaas View Post
        Nice showing by the Jacks. Congratulations and well deserved. thought Stigs should have gotten CoY but a win in Fargo will certainly suffice.

One question though. How did the third place team get 8 on first team?
        My first thought too. ISUR 3rd best offense in the confrence and 6th best Defense? If anything ISUB got shafted a long with us. Tracy should have been 1 team if not 2nd team at the very least. I guess thats the problem when you have such a solid complete team is that everyone plays together and as a great unit while other teams with lesser players have to do more because they dont perform as well as a team.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Shafrath should have been Dpoy. he was untuchable stats wise when it comes to solo tackles. no one is even close to him. Tahts pretty good, he was good in pass coverage also. Not sure how williams won Defensive player. Ross had 5 break ups and 2 ints, for 7 passes defended, Williams had 4 break ups and 4 int. only 8 total and no other stats that really jumped out at all. I think the NDSU hype machine struck again. Not saying williams isnt a good player but looking at what they did shafrath had the better year IMO.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            Shafrath should have been Dpoy. he was untuchable stats wise when it comes to solo tackles. no one is even close to him. Tahts pretty good, he was good in pass coverage also. Not sure how williams won Defensive player. Ross had 5 break ups and 2 ints, for 7 passes defended, Williams had 4 break ups and 4 int. only 8 total and no other stats that really jumped out at all. I think the NDSU hype machine struck again. Not saying williams isnt a good player but looking at what they did shafrath had the better year IMO.
            I think a lot of teams don't throw it towards Williams because of his ability, so he isn't going to have the big numbers.

Comment

I think the voters got it right for MVFC Defensive POY. Ross is our DPOY, but Williams is something that doesn't come around very often: a shutdown corner. Most avoided him at all cost, and everytime he was challenge he made the opposing team pay. Honestly, I'm surprised he had the stats he had being how much teams avoided him.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Honestly, I thought Lally should have been newcomer of the year. I think he won the award 3 if not four weeks this year... was surprised to see him not win the year award

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                  My first thought too. ISUR 3rd best offense in the confrence and 6th best Defense? If anything ISUB got shafted a long with us. Tracy should have been 1 team if not 2nd team at the very least. I guess thats the problem when you have such a solid complete team is that everyone plays together and as a great unit while other teams with lesser players have to do more because they dont perform as well as a team.
                  You are right. Tracy deserved 1st or second team. But writers vote based on stats. Teams didn't run to the strong side of our defense and they didn't throw to the strong side of our defense. So the stats weren't there for him. He did his job and coaches game planned away from him and his side of the field. That should be an honor enough.

Comment

Originally posted by leeshajo View Post
                    Honestly, I thought Lally should have been newcomer of the year. I think he won the award 3 if not four weeks this year... was surprised to see him not win the year award
                    I agree, but knew it wasn't going to happen since Kollmorgan had a good year and QB is a sexier position than MLB
                    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                    - Steven Wright

Comment

Working...
                    X