Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAME DAY: Eastern Illinois

It's here: Game Day.

If you can access the Argus, excellent pre-game highlights article by Terry Vandrovec: http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

From the Mattoon / Charleston Journal Gazette and Times Courier:
    BROOKINGS, S.D. — Stories of South Dakota State told this week have to be exaggerated, don’t they?
    “I hear they have foot-high grass trying to slow the game down,” Eastern Illinois defensive end Pat Wertz said.
    http://jg-tc.com/sports/fast-paced-panthers-face-challenge-against-south-dakota-state/article_1c0a10f2-35e5-11e2-ab14-001a4bcf887a.html

I thought the opening to the story was pretty funny. Foot high grass? Sure, they know that's not the case but do they know why? Grass quit growing around here a month ago. Welcome to late November on the prairie, Panthers.

Re: GAME DAY: Eastern Illinois

Apparently Pat Wertz and Lakesbison are good friends.

Really, and I mean REALLY looking forward to this game and seeing how we defend that offense.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Reading some of the history on EIU football...a "local-interest" point jumped out.

The savior of NDSU football, Darrell Mudra, coached EIU. Mudra was a turnaround artist at a number of programs including NDSU in the early 1960s, and marched up the ladder in program size until he reached Florida State. After two years at FSU, he was given his walking papers (1975). He sat out a couple of year and then EIU enticed him to take over their program which was on life support and pressure was being applied to disband the program. First thing Mudra did was hire a 25-yr old guy named Mike Shanahan (yeah, that guy) as offensive coordinator. EIU went 1-10 the first year under Mudra (1977) but the following season, 78, went 12-2, capturing the NCAA DII National Title.

Comment

Getting things ready to go to the tailgate. Three things that IMO have to happen today: We need to get some pressure on their quarterback; when we don't we need to have great plays by the d-backs; and finally, I hope we can get our defensive play calling in quickly, as the uptempo game they play can catch players out of position a lot. Do those things, freeze the tails off those Charleston (no, not SC) invaders and we can get another shot at those furry Bison, as I think our offense will provide us enough points to win. Hope to see a lot of you there, although the temps worry me about crowd size, especially with the students gone. GO JACKS!!!

Comment

I'll be watching on ESPN3 as much as I can this afternoon.

Hoping to see a HUGE day out of Zenner. Day like today the ground game needs to control the clock, keep it out of their hands as much as possible and keep them on the sideline getting cold. Get Zenner over 150 yards and if Sumner is efficient when needed (i.e. no turnovers) it should spell a victory.

Go Jacks!
          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

In the famous words of Michael Bolton "Let's get to it!"

If that doesn't pump you up; rush to the Emergency room because you have no pulse!

Comment

Get some!

Hope everyone at the game is extra loud and has a blast. I'll be doing my part at home yelling at the computer and annoying my neighbors.

Comment

Good luck to yas. I won't be in front of a TV during the game. Do you have a master list of all of the radio affiliates that carry your FB games? Preferably into North Dakota?

Comment

I believe you can check in the media guide that can be found under the football team on GoJacks.com

There should be a list of all affiliates that will carry the game.

Comment

Here we go. Jacks start at the 25.

Comment

Both teams punt. EIU has a really fast paced offense. We are going to win or lose on the legs of Zenner today. He's getting a ton of carries already.

Comment

Rabbits force another punt. Starting at the 20.

Comment

3 and out by both teams. EIU punt and we start on the 20 with ~7 min left in the 1st.

Comment

I think I saw some joker in the stands wearing a Wisconsin-LaCrosse sweatshirt.

Comment

39 yard play action on 1st down!

Comment

Working...
                              X