This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NDSU is our true rival . . .

NDSU is our true rival . . . at least that is what the Mitchell paper thinks

http://www.mitchellrepublic.com/even...roup/homepage/

Re: NDSU is our true rival . . .

I was surprised with the hype-machine that is the SF Media...there weren't more there. I told a friend just by the numbers in the tailgate lot it wasn't going to be a record. USD needed to bring more than 500 fans to the game. nDSU fans know how to do that. I know which one I prefer but most people just laugh and say I dont know what I'm talking about. That's fine I guess considering I could care less about someones opinion that thinks this game is the end all be all for SDSU.Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

"Yet we must note that the game attendance was only the seventh best ever achieved at SDSU, and only 312 fans more than the Jacks’ homecoming game last month against a Pennsylvania team"

When did we play a pennsylvania team? or did i miss a home game this year.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

My manager at work who graduated from SDSU was their to support USD has a nephew who plays for USD was embaressed for USD. She said where she was sitting in the USD section and mentioned it was not even close to being full. there were hardily any USD fans in general at the game. They left at halftime like the rest of the USD fans only because they went with her family who drove they didnt have a chance to stay. Her words were USD should stick with making DRs and lawyers because they arent very good at sports and their isnt enough fan support for the teams. I even tried to defend USD and say they are looking to make new facilities and she basically was like do you really think that will help fans show up?
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          "Yet we must note that the game attendance was only the seventh best ever achieved at SDSU, and only 312 fans more than the Jacks’ homecoming game last month against a Pennsylvania team"

You can almost, but not quite, throw a rock into Pennsylvania from Youngstown.

Comment

I would actually have to agree with this. USD fans just really don't care. I really think alot of old timers in Vermillion that follow the program closely, which might consist of 100-200 of them probably would rather USD stay small time and not branch out. The more I interact with USD fans the more I believe that a good chunk of them are not really interested in growing the fan base. All that was heard were complaints about USD's decision to move a game to Sioux Falls. I don't think there is a vision there of why that game was played in Sioux Falls. I do believe at this point in time NDSU is a bigger rival for the Jacks. If USD ever gets their act together, which I have serious doubts will ever happen I think the tone will change but as things are right now and for the near future SDSU fans should consider NDSU the biggest rival. Maybe it wasn't a good idea for USD to go D1 because many people alike whether admin, fans etc have a D2 mentality.
            How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

SDSU aspires to be a program like NDSU in football. USD aspires to be like SDSU. I place more weight on that than I do anything else. Losing to USD is emberassing. Getting beat by NDSU is not.

Now if USD brings a solid program to the table than I could rethink it. Right now, they do not. Not smack, just fact.

That's my take. Like it or not I could care less.

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                SDSU aspires to be a program like NDSU in football. USD aspires to be like SDSU. I place more weight on that than I do anything else. Losing to USD is emberassing. Getting beat by NDSU is not.

Now if USD brings a solid program to the table than I could rethink it. Right now, they do not. Not smack, just fact.

That's my take. Like it or not I could care less.

SUPERBUNNY
                I agree with everything you said there. The way it looks after a 1-10 season which presented a team that wasn't even close to a contender it looks like USD will make no changes to their coaching staff. Not a wise idea in my opinion even if Joe Glenn is the head coach. Ya can't win with second rate complimentary coaches.
                How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Pennsylvania, Ohio, same difference. Like North and South Dakota.

Geography is a lost science. Once saw a columnist go off on Kentucky as a Confederate state in the Civil War. Which, of course, it was not.

Comment

My manager at work who graduated from SDSU was their to support USD has a nephew who plays for USD was embaressed for USD. She said where she was sitting in the USD section and mentioned it was not even close to being full. there were hardily any USD fans in general at the game. They left at halftime like the rest of the USD fans only because they went with her family who drove they didnt have a chance to stay. Her words were USD should stick with making DRs and lawyers because they arent very good at sports and their isnt enough fan support for the teams. I even tried to defend USD and say they are looking to make new facilities and she basically was like do you really think that will help fans show up?
                    Thanks for sharing insights from such a well informed source - an SDSU grad and your manager.Was she one of the 4367 SDSU fans at the EIU game too? At least the SDSU team showed up big. SDSU is an impressive and physical squad that has at least a 50/50 shot against NDSU IMO. Can see why many SDSU fans want to downplay the now annual USD v SDSU game as just another game. Besides the SDSU core crazy fans (the people that showed up for EIU) the avg Jacks fan cares more about coming to see SDSU play an awful USD team.Guess it also makes sense why Sell is building the indoor practice facility before a 22000 seat stadium. 17633 empty seats would kill the atmosphere.

Comment

A Yote talking about attendance and NDSU in the same thread . . . come on that is too easy. Two words for you Howard Wood. LOL. How embarrassing for your school on every level.

Comment

No smack in a non-smack thread please.

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
                          I would actually have to agree with this. USD fans just really don't care. I really think alot of old timers in Vermillion that follow the program closely, which might consist of 100-200 of them probably would rather USD stay small time and not branch out. The more I interact with USD fans the more I believe that a good chunk of them are not really interested in growing the fan base. All that was heard were complaints about USD's decision to move a game to Sioux Falls. I don't think there is a vision there of why that game was played in Sioux Falls. I do believe at this point in time NDSU is a bigger rival for the Jacks. If USD ever gets their act together, which I have serious doubts will ever happen I think the tone will change but as things are right now and for the near future SDSU fans should consider NDSU the biggest rival. Maybe it wasn't a good idea for USD to go D1 because many people alike whether admin, fans etc have a D2 mentality.
                          Always with the negative waves, Moriarity. Always with the negative waves. After watching both USD and EIU play State I have to say that USD looks more like an FCS program than the OVC champion. The issue at USD isn't the coaches or QB. USD was attempting the right moves against SDSU on offense and defense. The issue is the team is outmanned in too many positions when playing MVFC schools. A few recruiting classes and Coach Glenn will have a program that can be competitive.
                          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I heard similar comments in the area I was sitting and I agreed: USD > EIU.

I thought we played better against EIU too -- we did very little wrong in the game but committed some errors in the USD game.

Comment

Originally posted by usdfbalum View Post
                              Thanks for sharing insights from such a well informed source - an SDSU grad and your manager.Was she one of the 4367 SDSU fans at the EIU game too? At least the SDSU team showed up big. SDSU is an impressive and physical squad that has at least a 50/50 shot against NDSU IMO. Can see why many SDSU fans want to downplay the now annual USD v SDSU game as just another game. Besides the SDSU core crazy fans (the people that showed up for EIU) the avg Jacks fan cares more about coming to see SDSU play an awful USD team.Guess it also makes sense why Sell is building the indoor practice facility before a 22000 seat stadium. 17633 empty seats would kill the atmosphere.
                              If that many fans actually care about USD then why did they draw only 300 more fans than hobo day? Lol. Simple fact is that most casual jacks football fans could care less and the 15,000 proves that. I mean you talking about attendance is about as funny as USD talking about getting a win in the MVC.
                              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Working...
                              X