Game not televised thanks to ESPN

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game not televised thanks to ESPN

ESPN has hijaked the FCS playoffs again. They bought the right to the entire playoffs and will not sell the game rights to local or regional channels. The only way to view it is on your computer via ESPN3. If your not familiar, ESPN3 is not a TV Channel. It's an online broadcast that is only available to select providers. (midco is one of them) They are using this as a tool to sell their service to all cable providers. Good business for them but it kind of sucks that they are using the FCS playoffs as an example and screw the fans over.

Eastern Illinois will not be broadcast. In 2 weeks after you guys kick Eastern Illinois ass and come up to Fargo, it's the same deal. ESPN3 only. Tickets are already sold out.

Here's what we're doing over at Bisonville. Send ESPN and email and tell them you do not have ESPN3 and you want them to put the game on ESPNU or ESPN Gameplan.

It's going to be an epic battle but it kind of sucks that nobody will see it.

CONTACT ESPN!
    email to support@espncustomercare.com
    http://espn.go.com/espn/contact
    @ ESPN_FanCentral If you send us a tweet, you consent to letting ESPN use and showcase it in any media, possibly even on television
    1-888-549-ESPN Call THEM! (select option 3 and tell the person on the phone you want the game)

OR – Tweet the following ESPN college relations staff:
    @MsPotts_ESPN
    @AllieStoneberg
    @MikeHumesESPN
    @Gracie_ESPNU
    @ckreiswirthESPN

Re: Game not televised thanks to ESPN

Not surprised. I'll make a call on this end.
    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

My Midco subscription is worth the price! Of course, I prefer the NDSU game be on the big screen but I'll take a decent picture on the computer too.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        My Midco subscription is worth the price! Of course, I prefer the NDSU game be on the big screen but I'll take a decent picture on the computer too.
        Even if you have it, email espn. Both programs will benefit from added media exposure.

Comment

Just fired off and e-mail and almost simultaneously found out my Mom has Midco. Felt good to vent at the man and still be able to watch the game.
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

Is ESPN the problem or is it the NCAA/FCS that sells it to them?

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
              Good point.

As for a bit of more bad news, I believe ESPN has locked up all the NCAA championships for quite some time, like 8 or 10 years.

Comment

I don't have a problem for them on a national market but I still think that a local entity of both teams should be able to carry the game to the local viewers. The teams bid the thing out they should be able to get the TV rights with that bid.

Comment

Its official. The first round of playoff games will not be televised. Last year every single game in the first round was on Gamplan and another was on espnu. This is a big kick in the nuts for the FCS. We have to flood ESPN with emails and phone calls or the 2nd round will not be televised either. . support@espncustomercare.com pissed this is a big deal. I thought playoff teams were supposed to get exposure. Guess notSee Dom Izzo tweetDom Izzo (@DomIzzoWDAY) ESPN representative tells me NO #FCSPlayoffs games this weekend will be adding to ESPN Gameplan, meaning it's just ESPN3 to be able to watch

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                    If you have an XBOX 360, you can watch ESPN3 on your TV. We have watched several games this year that way, and it works very well.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

I use a 14 pin cable to connect my laptop to the flat panel TV and set the TV up as a second monitor.

Worked last saturday. Video and sound.

Comment

The only way to hurt big companys is to take money from them somehow,otherwise they just laugh at you.You'd have to organise people in large numbers to say "boycott" espn during "sweeps" week or something like that.Hard to get enough angry people to stay committed to something like a boycott.I know someone who is a Nielson voter, matbe i can sway her opinion of ESPN and their affiliated programs.....j/k I don't get involved with trying to change corporate thinking,i think it's an exercise in futility to try to do so.But,i did send a message,just in case.

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
                          This. The bottom line is THE bottom line in the NCAA; witness the fact that they have stood by as these ancient rivalries have dissolved, literally overnight in the case of Maryland's surprise move to the Big 10, for pure dollar reasons alone. This is not about fans, it's about customers and revenue.

Comment

Good news. . Assuming Bison/jacks happens, it will be on espn gameplan and espn3. So will Montana State. The others get nothing. Not perfect but better. The quarter finals will have 2 broadcast but the 2 others will be on espn3 only

Comment

What station were we on when we played in the playoffs to that one team with that guy we no longer speack of? was that like fox sports or ESPN in 09? I dont remember.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X