SDSU's Myth Busted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU's Myth Busted

Many SDSU's fans claim all South Dakota fans care about is playing SDSU. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. There really were many Coyote Fans that decided not to go to the game including myself. There would have been just as many had the Yotes played Augie or USF in Sioux Falls. Also wrong in that the team played like crap once again, so they didn't lift their game or use any unusual quirks in the playbook that they were saving just for the SDSU game.

Coyote Fans care about getting the program out of this mess much more than they care about one game against SDSU.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Re: SDSU's Myth Busted

Too bad the USD coaching staff and team doesn't feel the same.

Restart the countdown clock. Next year's #1 team priority = Beat SDSU.

Yotes will probably go 0 fer again.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Looked to me like all the USD fans in the state did show up for what the USD coaching staff called "Their Superbowl."
      You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

There was a "Yote fan sitting in front of us and he said he called his buddy that was sitting in the USD section and was told that their bus was leaving at halftime. I had to clarify this with him and asked, "so your telling me that the bus drove all the way from Vermillion just for the game and they are leaving at halftime?" He said that his buddy was told that the bus was leaving because the bus driver had so many requests from USD fans to leave at halftime that they decided to leave. I told the USD fan that was sad, and he agreed and that his buddy was not happy about it either.
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Originally posted by NorCalJack View Post
          There was a "Yote fan sitting in front of us and he said he called his buddy that was sitting in the USD section and was told that their bus was leaving at halftime. I had to clarify this with him and asked, "so your telling me that the bus drove all the way from Vermillion just for the game and they are leaving at halftime?" He said that his buddy was told that the bus was leaving because the bus driver had so many requests from USD fans to leave at halftime that they decided to leave. I told the USD fan that was sad, and he agreed and that his buddy was not happy about it either.
          I hope what you are saying is actually true. This USD football team did not deserve to have their fans watch that debacle. They should have never shown up in the first place.
          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
            Many SDSU's fans claim all South Dakota fans care about is playing SDSU. Wrong, Wrong, Wrong. There really were many Coyote Fans that decided not to go to the game including myself. There would have been just as many had the Yotes played Augie or USF in Sioux Falls. Also wrong in that the team played like crap once again, so they didn't lift their game or use any unusual quirks in the playbook that they were saving just for the SDSU game.

Coyote Fans care about getting the program out of this mess much more than they care about one game against SDSU.
            So what you are actually saying is USD fans don't even care about playing SDSU...meaning they don't care about anything. Makes sense...USD hasn't had a football program since...well...since I was a very young boy. How did you guys ever make the move up? You couldn't even compete in DII...

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
              So what you are actually saying is USD fans don't even care about playing SDSU...meaning they don't care about anything. Makes sense...USD hasn't had a football program since...well...since I was a very young boy. How did you guys ever make the move up? You couldn't even compete in DII...
              Well You pretty much hit the nail on that one. Coyote Fans may care but they certainly don't show it. It looks like the football team is going to receive very little backlash from the fans. It's very difficult to continue to follow a program that have too many fans that just don't really seem to give a crap. In the Argus blue and red paint the map contest it was said that the University does actually slight outnumber SDSU for number of graduates in Sioux Falls.
              How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

I did actually enjoy conversing with a 'yote family sitting in front of me.

The guy and his wife had a couple kids, one older (maybe 10) one younger (3 or 4). The dad was one of the few diehards and yelling/cheering during the few opportunities he had. He was encouraging them to yell/cheer as well, to not be shy amongst the opposing fans. I tried to encourage them to not be shy as well.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post

Maybe you're right. Maybe USD fans care about more.

However, when

-your own coach says beating SDSU is the #1 goal at the start of fall camp
                  -there is a clock in the lockerroom counting down to kickoff, you don't really have a leg to stand on
                  -players talk about the game being their super bowl
                  -players say they have dreamt about this game since they started playing at USD

you can't really argue.

Sorry your team lost 10 games this year.
                  “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
                    Maybe you're right. Maybe USD fans care about more.

However, when

-your own coach says beating SDSU is the #1 goal at the start of fall camp
                    -there is a clock in the lockerroom counting down to kickoff, you don't really have a leg to stand on
                    -players talk about the game being their super bowl
                    -players say they have dreamt about this game since they started playing at USD

you can't really argue.

Sorry your team lost 10 games this year.
                    Or your administration/marketing department rents a billboard in Brookings city limits, looking forward to "having a friend for dinner" - you would have been better served running an ad for a drink special at Cubby's on game day and asking for a portion of the earnings.

From my observations (through my blue and yellow glasses - as described by the nearest Coyote fan to me Saturday afternoon) it was a pleasant day, with a ho-hum MVC opponent. We had the 7th largest turnout, the week before Thanksgiving. If/when the Coyotes get serious about FB again, it will be a fun, "more than ho-hum MVC" showdown - you can't blame the SD press for not showing up. Coyote nation? That's another story - they have a long way to go.

Comment

Coyote fans wearing red Nebraska gear was nice.
                      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                        Actually, those were Nebraska fans, that stayed for the WBB game Sun. They knew that Brookings was going to be hopping Sat., and came for the party!

Comment

Yes! Let's bust some myths:

Myth: USD can play football
                          Based on an admittedly limited sample size (11 games) we can conclude that the Coyotes cannot play football.

Myth: USD fans only care about the SDSU game.
                          Based on turnout for the game Saturday, it appears reasonable to conclude that Joe Glenn is the only person at USD that cares about the SDSU game and that--perhaps--he cares too much. USD fans, it appears, are only interested in speculating about the future, as it is the one area where they have an unblemished record.

Myth: USD is "South Dakota's Team"
                          If South Dakota is defined as the southern half of Clay County, this is possibly true.

Myth: USD is a university
                          Close study of the situation suggests that USD's most popular major is a correspondence course in mumbletypeg, which has led to severe foot injuries among many students.

Myth: The Dakotadome is not part of a wastewater treatment plant.
                          If not, then something else really stank there, these past few months

Myth: USD alums go on to lead successful careers and have happy well adjusted lives.
                          Have you seen the Coyote fan board?

Myth: The Coyote is a really cool mascot
                          Mark Twain on Coyotes: The coyote is a long, slim, sick and sorry-looking skeleton, with a gray wolfskin stretched over it, a tolerably bushy tail that forever sags down with a despairing expression of forsakenness and misery, a furtive and evil eye, and a long, sharp face, with slightly lifted lip and exposed teeth. He has a general slinking expression all over. The coyote is a living, breathing allegory of Want. He is always hungry. He is always poor, out of luck, and friendless. The meanest creatures despise him, and even the fleas would desert him for a velocipede [bicycle]. He is so spirtless and cowardly that even while his exposed teeth are pretending a threat, the rest of his face is apologizing for it. And he is so homely! -so scrawny, and ribby, and coarse-haired, and pitiful.

http://www.coyotetale.net/roughing.php

Comment

Originally posted by jacksfaninne View Post
                            Heh. I noticed the same thing Saturday. I was surprised how much not Coyote red stuff I saw.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                              Heh. I noticed the same thing Saturday. I was surprised how much not Coyote red stuff I saw.
                              Just like next year when I will see oh so little blue and yellow. Does the number 200 mean anything to you Einstein?

Comment

Working...
                              X