• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome to the Missouri Valley!

0-8.

(that's all the smack I need)

Re: Welcome to the Missouri Valley!

I need some clarification from the Jacks fans. This is a serious question. What was SDSU's record in the MVFC during their first year in conference. Also was the Jacks first year or eligibility the year you made the playoffs or was that the 2nd year. The USD radio people keep saying how badly SDSU and NDSU struggled when they were first eligible and/or when they first entered the Valley. I know NDSU had a very good season (either undefeated or one loss) during their 2nd or 3rd year of transition. The Yotes still aren't now where either SU program was in about their 2nd or 3rd years of transition. I think the radio people are full of crap saying how both of the State school struggled so badly. I don't think there is even a comparison of where the SU programs were at the point of where USD is now.
    How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

Originally posted by Coyote_Fan View Post
      I need some clarification from the Jacks fans. This is a serious question. What was SDSU's record in the MVFC during their first year in conference. Also was the Jacks first year or eligibility the year you made the playoffs or was that the 2nd year. The USD radio people keep saying how badly SDSU and NDSU struggled when they were first eligible and/or when they first entered the Valley. I know NDSU had a very good season (either undefeated or one loss) during their 2nd or 3rd year of transition. The Yotes still aren't now where either SU program was in about their 2nd or 3rd years of transition. I think the radio people are full of crap saying how both of the State school struggled so badly. I don't think there is even a comparison of where the SU programs were at the point of where USD is now.
      2008 was 1st season in MVC SDSU went 6-2 in conference (7-5 overall)
      2009 made playoffs going 7-1 in MVC (8-4 overall)

Comment

The only State school to "struggle" in the Valley to start was NDSU. They went 4-4 in 2008, 2-6 in 2009, and 4-4 in 2010. You can see what that led to.

Comment

So NDSU and SDSU went a combined 10-6 in the Valley their first year. I would call that anything but struggling. The USD radio guys keep insinuating that both schools struggled when they first got into the Valley which simply is not true. It sets the wrong example and tries to excuse the Coyotes season this year with false information. I find it amazing how much of a lack of an uproad and backlash is coming from Coyote Fans this year. It's as if they don't really care, which in many cases is the truth.
          How Bout Them Yotes

Comment

So NDSU and SDSU went a combined 10-6 in the Valley their first year. I would call that anything but struggling. The USD radio guys keep insinuating that both schools struggled when they first got into the Valley which simply is not true. It sets the wrong example and tries to excuse the Coyotes season this year with false information. I find it amazing how much of a lack of an uproad and backlash is coming from Coyote Fans this year. It's as if they don't really care, which in many cases is the truth.
            Starting Monday, Joe Glenn and staff will no doubt be hitting the recruiting trail trying to fill many gaps in the current program. They know better than anyone else what they need down the road to be competitive.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
              The only State school to "struggle" in the Valley to start was NDSU. They went 4-4 in 2008, 2-6 in 2009, and 4-4 in 2010. You can see what that led to.
              And both made the playoffs SDSU 2009, 2012 NDSU 2010, 2011, 2012Not bad
              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

This is what happens when teams move up proactively (SDSU, NDSU) and not reactively (USD, UND - 3-5 in an easier conference).
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                  This is what happens when teams move up proactively (SDSU, NDSU) and not reactively (USD, UND - 3-5 in an easier conference).
                  I know this is a smack thread but we almost lost to a 3-5 team from that easier conference(UC Davis). I dont think the Big Sky is that much easier. Sorry to ruin the smack.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                    You're so awesome. And humble. And realistic. You just really have a thorough understanding of it all. By the way, keep kissing NDSU's ass. Like they give 2 craps about State.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                      You're so awesome. And humble. And realistic. You just really have a thorough understanding of it all. By the way, keep kissing NDSU's ass. Like they give 2 craps about State.
                      You say that as if we care about what USD fans say
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

The butthurt is strong with that one.

Comment

This thread is funny. And for the record the Bison and Jacks respect each other. I hate to lose to them but I actually root for them. I was glad to see them whoop the Yotes ass.

The team formerly known as Sioux, all Bison fans hate and root for failure.

The Yotes, well we just sort of feel sorry for you.

Too bad we can't play the Sioux now because we would beat them 90-0. They may actually be worse that than the Yotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
                            In 2008, NDSU's first season in the Valley- lost 4 conference games by a combined 24 points. SDSU knocked them out of the playoffs in the last game on a game deciding 2 point conversion and went on to make the playoffs. The team was better than their record.

USD lost to NDSU and SDSU by a combined score of 85-8. They also lost to Indiana State 45-14. Not even competitive.

In 2009 we sucked but we were at least somewhat competitive and much better than our record. We lost 7 games by a combined 58 points including 3 on last second drives. We lost a ton of guys... 7 players who went on to the NFL including 2 guys who are still NFL starters.

Comment

CF, I thought you were smarter than that to ask such a question. I believe its been answered to your satisfaction. Good luck next year.

Comment

Working...
                              X