Throwback uniforms!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Throwback uniforms!

Just saw this on the Jackrabbit Nation facebook page......

Jackrabbit Fans……The Rivalry is back! Catch all the action TODAY as the Jackrabbits host USD at 2 pm in Coughlin Alumni Stadium. The Jacks will be wearing a special THROWBACK jersey that were worn during the mid to late 80’s when SDSU defeated the Coyotes in front of a record crowd that has been held for 22 years. Some of the greatest Jackrabbits to ever play have worn these particular jerseys’s including Tiefenthaler, Sonnek, Bush, Klostermann, Thomas and Wall. Don’t miss out on seeing these jerseys’s once again for the SHOWDOWN SERIES TODAY AT 2 PM!

Re: Throwback uniforms!

This is what those uniforms looked like

http://state.sdstateconnect.org/wp-c...vs-USD-017.jpg

Comment

Very Cool uniforms and no Banana pants!
      Message for the youth: “Set your goals high and work for them, because if you set your goals where they should be, it’s going to require a lot of hard work. And even if you don’t achieve them, it shows longevity, and it shows commitment. And those are both things you need for the rest of your life,” Tony Fiegen

Comment

Imagine the rout if we had worn the Banana pants!!

Comment

I love the yellow pants. The blue tops and pants just doesn't look as good as it does with the yellow pants imo. Just seems we play better in um.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

We got some love ... and hate ... on the Uni Watch blog this morning:

A bit of D1AA news from Dr. Daniel Swartos, who writes: “I sent this on Twitter but didn’t know if I did it right. The South Dakota State University Jackrabbits are playing the University of South Dakota Coyotes today for the first time in 9 years. They’ve both transitioned to D1AA over that time. The rivalry is 113 years old and is your classic Med/Law University (USD) vs Land Grant University (SDSU), or as they put it “If you want to work on the farm, go to SDSU, if you want to own the farm, go to USD”. It is a very bitter rivalry and they are expecting 20,000 people. I know that’s small but in this state it would be the largest crowd ever. Anyways, SDSU is wearing some throwback unis from the 80′s.They are much much better than what they usually wear. I wish they would have gone with the yellow pants today, but the jersey is gorgeous and I love the simple “Jacks” on the front. I just figured I would pass it along. Its not Alabama/Aubrn, but for us up here, its a big game.”

I found one photo, and it’s tiny, but I can tell that they only sprung enough for throwback jerseys, and not throwback helmets or pants. Silly Jackrabbits, don’t you know that there’s more to a uniform than just a jersey?
            I thought the jerseys looked great! I realize it would have cost more to go with white pants and to strip the decals off the helmets just for one game. But I do wish we would have gone with the yellow pants. Not a fan of the all-blue look in the first place, and the yellow would have at least looked a little closer to the uniforms of the era. But that's just me. Now, get off my lawn!
            "You trusted us"

Comment

Meh. Didn't love them. Didn't look right to me, paired with the ultra-modern blue pants. If you're going retro, it's more fun to go full retro, white pants and such. Of course that's pretty expensive. But it was a fun change. At least those shirts say Jacks on the front and not the generic "STATE".
              Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Liked the jerseys even if they didn't go perfectly with the pants. Mostly I liked the idea. We've never did anything like that before. Pretty cool. And to be able to keep it a secret until game day is kind of shocking, too. I was surprised when I walked into the stadium. Any idea who forked out the money or how they were paid for? Just curious.
                Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

I like the idea that we had more pts on the scoreboard than USD at the end of game. They could have played in their underwear as long as they won.

Comment

Watch out Nidaros. The style police will take you away for a comment like that.
                    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      Meh. Didn't love them. Didn't look right to me, paired with the ultra-modern blue pants. If you're going retro, it's more fun to go full retro, white pants and such. Of course that's pretty expensive. But it was a fun change. At least those shirts say Jacks on the front and not the generic "STATE".
                      Stig said the players absolutely loved them and asked to wear them again this week. I'm with Nidaros, don't care what they wear just win baby.
                      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Stig said the players absolutely loved them and asked to wear them again this week. I'm with Nidaros, don't care what they wear just win baby.
                        I would go back to yellow pants with them. That would be cool. Might as well maybe it would help start a new tradtion if we have throw back unis to wear for playoff games at home at least.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I liked them, but I do agree that if they could have went with retro pants it would have looked better.

Comment

Gotta have the yellow pants.
                            I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Yes, the "Smurf" look has been tougher to get wins with than blue/yellow look.

BTW, nice dismantling of Yotes. So fun to be back for the SDSU/USD game.

Comment

Working...
                              X