• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6th Best Recruiting Class in the Nation

Nice job Coach Bono!

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205742686

Re: 6th Best Recruiting Class in the Nation

This is great news,couldn't come at a better time to a great coaching staff,than in the first year,hope this is just the beginning of many more great recruiting classes.Go Jackrabbits.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
      This is great news,couldn't come at a better time to a great coaching staff,than in the first year,hope this is just the beginning of many more great recruiting classes.Go Jackrabbits.
      In the past we did not have the 6th best recruiting class in the conference. Now we have the 6th best recruiting class in the nation! That's impressive and will clearly generate new interest in the wrestling program. Congratulations Coach Bono.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
        In the past we did not have the 6th best recruiting class in the conference. Now we have the 6th best recruiting class in the nation! That's impressive and will clearly generate new interest in the wrestling program. Congratulations Coach Bono.

GBGBGJ
        I tried to follow it before but I really win now. This is a huge thing and can lead to some awesome heights for the program.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

This recruiting class is all on the staff. There was no success to lean on to get these kids here...just imagine what kid of recruiting classes we will get once this program starts to perform. SDSU coaching staff of the year, no doubt about it...
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I am a little skeptical of this. It has NDSU at #4 and both of them ahead of the Gophers. Does this possibly just mean that we have commits right now and some of the top guys are still debating...for example, "should i go to MN or Iowa?"
            North Dakota State University
            11 Time National Champions
            '65, '68, '69, '83, '85, '86, '88, '90, '11, '12, '13

http://i.imgur.com/LwCVRnd.gif

Comment

Originally posted by 344Johnson View Post
              I am a little skeptical of this. It has NDSU at #4 and both of them ahead of the Gophers. Does this possibly just mean that we have commits right now and some of the top guys are still debating...for example, "should i go to MN or Iowa?"
              NOW WHY WOULD THEY BE STILL THINKING THAT when they wrestle in the fabulous Bison Sports Arena.

Comment

Originally posted by 344Johnson View Post
                As of 11/15 when the reqruiting class was announced. NDSU was 4th, Minnesota 5th, and SDSU 6th. Iowa was 15th. Link: http://awn.theopenmat.com/team-recru...rankings-2013/

According to this, all but 3 of the top 50 are commited: http://awn.theopenmat.com/2012/10/to...class-of-2013/

SDSU has 9 commits showing on this site (one 5 star & two 4 star, none of the other 6 are rated)
                NDSU has 9 commits (two 4 star, two 3 star, & two 2 star)
                Minnesota has just 6 listed (two 5 star & two 3 star)
                Iowa has just 4 (a 5 star, a 4 star, & a 2 star).

Since no scores are given for the totals, I would guess both SDSU & NDSU are inflated a bit by the quantity. But there is some good quality there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by HoboJack View Post
                  As of 11/15 when the reqruiting class was announced. NDSU was 4th, Minnesota 5th, and SDSU 6th. Iowa was 15th. Link: http://awn.theopenmat.com/team-recru...rankings-2013/

According to this, all but 3 of the top 50 are commited: http://awn.theopenmat.com/2012/10/to...class-of-2013/

SDSU has 9 commits showing on this site (one 5 star & two 4 star, none of the other 6 are rated)
                  NDSU has 9 commits (two 4 star, two 3 star, & two 2 star)
                  Minnesota has just 6 listed (two 5 star & two 3 star)
                  Iowa has just 4 (a 5 star, a 4 star, & a 2 star).

Since no scores are given for the totals, I would guess both SDSU & NDSU are inflated a bit by the quantity. But there is some good quality there as well.
                  I'm with ya, thanks for looking that up. The quantity certainly can't hurt. Regardless, good for both programs. Hope they keep it up.
                  North Dakota State University
                  11 Time National Champions
                  '65, '68, '69, '83, '85, '86, '88, '90, '11, '12, '13

http://i.imgur.com/LwCVRnd.gif

Comment

Wrestling is probably the only sport that this can happen in
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                      Wrestling is probably the only sport that this can happen in
                      How about Equestrian? Naw, that'd be just horsin' around.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                        How about Equestrian? Naw, that'd be just horsin' around.
                        I'm not taking a dig at wrestling or SDSU. I was simply just saying something that is true. This is great for SDSU, but wrestling is a whole lot different than any other college sport

Comment

I agree witness. College wrestling is entirely about the coach. Good wrestlers not only want to succeed in college but then move on to the next level. Coach Bono had great success in college and was a very good competitior at the world level. With his pedigree, who wouldn't want to wrestle for him. Even this year he has had an immediate impact.
                          [Jacks] Baseball is Life.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer Jack View Post
                            I agree witness. College wrestling is entirely about the coach. Good wrestlers not only want to succeed in college but then move on to the next level. Coach Bono had great success in college and was a very good competitior at the world level. With his pedigree, who wouldn't want to wrestle for him. Even this year he has had an immediate impact.
                            I agree with your comments 100 per cent, but I can't help feel the transition pains that Coach Liles must feel now that he is no longer the HC. Trying to run a program with underfunded resources is difficult if not impossible. This situation reminds me of the football program when Mike Daly took over from the late Wayne Haesnel during the first year of tenure of AD Oien. A recommittment was made to resources, something the prior AD ignorned or failed to deal with. Having your head swimming and baseball coaches double as football assistant does not work, and puts a extra burden on those sports. SDSU Athlete management which I respect very much does not have a very perfect record. I think AD Sells made the right decision supported by the president's office in making a coaching change. This was almost imperative in order to keep the sport alive. The bottom line is that SDSU is making progress and will soon be SRO for Wrestling matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Homer Jack View Post
                              Exactly. It is more about coaching than the prestige of the university. Look at J Rob, Gable, Sanderson and even Bono. They all were Olympian wrestlers and if I am not mistaken they all are national champions. I do also think unlike most other sports a great wrestler can make a great coach.

Comment

Working...
                              X