Can we smack USD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we smack USD?

Well, can we? Is it humane to smack the 'yotes this year?

Yeah, it is.

I want to start the week with a sincere thanks to the USD Athletics Marketing Dept. for the billboard advertising the game. I don't think it was effective (wrong side of the road for southbound traffic -- hard to read at the distance) but I appreciate the thought of trying to set an attendance record at CAS. At $40 a seat x 17,000? 18,000? 19,000? Do the math.

Even with a dismal turnout for the game, SDSU will set a new attendance record this season, continuing the D-1 era trend which shows the need for a new stadium. Personally, I think there will be a minimum 17,000 SDSU fans at the game. If USD can bring a couple thousand or more: new stadium needed NOW! A 22,500-seat facility will attact more attention, top recruit, additional fans and greater revenue.

I hope everyone has some good-natured fun and some of the ugliness of the past does not reappear.

Re: Can we smack USD?

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    Well, can we? Is it humane to smack the 'yotes this year? Yeah, it is.I want to start the week with a sincere thanks to the USD Athletics Marketing Dept. for the billboard advertising the game. I don't think it was effective (wrong side of the road for southbound traffic -- hard to read at the distance) but I appreciate the thought of trying to set an attendance record at CAS. At $40 a seat x 17,000? 18,000? 19,000? Do the math. Even with a dismal turnout for the game, SDSU will set a new attendance record this season, continuing the D-1 era trend which shows the need for a new stadium. Personally, I think there will be a minimum 17,000 SDSU fans at the game. If USD can bring a couple thousand or more: new stadium needed NOW! A 22,500-seat facility will attact more attention, top recruit, additional fans and greater revenue. I hope everyone has some good-natured fun and some of the ugliness of the past does not reappear.
    You see JackJD, that's what none of you SDSU fans have ever figured out about how nice and considerate we are. We had a little fun with the billboard, watched your fan base go absolutely bonkers, but it was all because you need the help, and we realize that. You simply can't do it on your own. So we step in and help. That's just because we are nice fellas. I hope your fans don't return to their ugly ways of behavior from yesteryear. All that does is incite our fans to be unruly, and good lord knows you don't want unruly behavior in rivalry week. We are I bad this year that I am unsure we will even come to Brookings. But if we do, expect that you will kill us. I see it as a 40, maybe 50 point game. So you'll make the playoffs, your coffers have another $750,000 in them (and do I need to remind you your posters last year said they would get the money no matter who they played because we were no longer a rival) and its all because we care for the 2 nd university in the state. So all in all, we really are nice people. Treat us nice Saturday

Comment

And there you have it: should such twisted, delusional thinking be ridiculed or pitied?

The challenge in this smack thread (both sides) is to come up with something both fresh and funny. That may be difficult!

Comment

You can't sense sarcasm? Relax a wee bit, you are nervous about Saturday. Oh by the way, go ahead and ridicule me, I certainly don't want pity. It was my bad, I thought you'd pick up,on he sarcasm.

Comment

Cant resist this one. UNI-USD game story on Page c-5 of the Argus? Are they embarrassed that much that they had their buddie Stu bury the game story?

Comment

Coyote fan...I noted your sarcasm but couldn't come up with a very good reply.

By all measures, SDSU should win handily. But, most measures may go out the window so I'm not counting chickens.

Comment

I vote pity. They thought they were ready, they talked about pulling ahead of us in the transition and then reality set in and now they are sad. Poor little Yotes. Leave the pups alone.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                I vote pity. They thought they were ready, they talked about pulling ahead of us in the transition and then reality set in and now they are sad. Poor little Yotes. Leave the pups alone.
                Maybe someone at the Humane Society could help them out.

Comment

Coyote fan...I noted your sarcasm but couldn't come up with a very good reply.By all measures, SDSU should win handily. But, most measures may go out the window so I'm not counting chickens.
                  Coyotefan? Please say it was sarcasm back. Please........

Comment

Brag when the game is over. Right now USD leads 2-0 in the cup race.

Comment

Smacking on the Yotes right now is just adding insult to injury. Their play on the field is all the smack needed.
                      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                        Smacking on the Yotes right now is just adding insult to injury. Their play on the field is all the smack needed.
                        Touché

Comment

Coyote fan...I noted your sarcasm but couldn't come up with a very good reply....
                          PUBLIC APOLOGY TIME: When I entered post #6, I had just returned from a visit to the USD message board, GoYotes.net. On that board, I noted that the infamous Coyotefan had reappeared and was in one of his stages, writing several posts in a row, pontificating on what was wrong with Coyote football and sports generally. So, with that name on my small brain, I attempted to send a reply to yoteforever, a loyal Yote who merits respect along with good-natured ribbing. So to you, yoteforever, I apologize for starting my post "Coyote fan..." I could try to say I was being clever (you are a Coyote fan, but not Coyotefan) but I'd be making stuff up if I did...just messed up the start of the message.

Looking forward to seeing your mangy hide for a beer Saturday at CAS, yoteforever. There will be certain rules of engagement: First, any talk about USD's 1978 NCC championship team will be limited to five minutes. Second, if there is a violation of the first rule, then you will be required to sing the USD school song in the middle of SDSU's tailgating "backyard". Ripe tomatoes will be handed out to the surrounding crowd.

Comment

PUBLIC APOLOGY TIME: When I entered post #6, I had just returned from a visit to the USD message board, GoYotes.net. On that board, I noted that the infamous Coyotefan had reappeared and was in one of his stages, writing several posts in a row, pontificating on what was wrong with Coyote football and sports generally. So, with that name on my small brain, I attempted to send a reply to yoteforever, a loyal Yote who merits respect along with good-natured ribbing. So to you, yoteforever, I apologize for starting my post "Coyote fan..." I could try to say I was being clever (you are a Coyote fan, but not Coyotefan) but I'd be making stuff up if I did...just messed up the start of the message. Looking forward to seeing your mangy hide for a beer Saturday at CAS, yoteforever. There will be certain rules of engagement: First, any talk about USD's 1978 NCC championship team will be limited to five minutes. Second, if there is a violation of the first rule, then you will be required to sing the USD school song in the middle of SDSU's tailgating "backyard". Ripe tomatoes will be handed out to the surrounding crowd.
                            PUBLIC ACCEPTANCE: Mistakes are made all the time, more so from your fan base. But given our history of friendly bantering, I accept your apology. Looking forward to CAS as my memories of it are awesome. I look forward to attending your tailgate, and given the fact you are gonna kick our butts, I promise to limit the bragging to flashing the championship ring, but those want to break out in HAIL SOUTH DAKOTA, I will lead that verse.You'll have to direct me from our alumni tent to your tailgate. I want he Jacksvto bring their A game so there are no excuses either way. Looking forward to Saturday.GO 'YOTES

Comment

I was thinking about regifting a fruit cake to the Coyote athletic program. Would that be appropriate? Maybe we could organize a bake sale or a garage sale to benefit the lesser university.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                              X