Warren Williamson/Daktronics Open

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warren Williamson/Daktronics Open

Time to get some serious wrestling discussion going!

What did you all think? Any surprises?

My initial thoughts were that Pickrel and Cody Pack look like they are going to lead the team. Pickrel has been pretty solid the last few years and can hopefully hang with Sprenkle throughtout the year.

Cody Pack had a heck of a tournament. Its early in the year but James Green, the kid that beat him in the finals, is currently ranked 5th by Intermatwrestle.com. I saw him wrestle a few times last year and Green is a stud. This was a solid early season match and a pretty good measuring stick.

Will James had a solid tournament as well at 141 lbs. He knocked off a solid Jeremiah Peterson from Augie (SD native) and lost to a Nebraksa kid I have no idea about. I must say, anytime an SDSU wrestler beats an in-state kid that chose Augie over SDSU, I love it!

Dustin Walraven had a good tourney as well going 6-1. Wrestled a poor match early and got beat by a Mary kid but turned it on and got 3rd. Anytime you wrestle that many matches in one day you deserve an award.

Overall, this looked to be a solid test early in the season against guys we match up against well. They will be tested and put to the breaking point in the coming weeks with some huge matches.

I like the new beginning for the Jacks!!
    [Jacks] Baseball is Life.

Re: Warren Williamson/Daktronics Open

I had the pleasure of talking with Coach Bono on our Coaches Show this Saturday in Madison. Here's the link for the interview.

http://www.amazingmadison.com/pages/14030409.php?
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Working...
    X