Trophy series for SDSU vs. USD game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trophy series for SDSU vs. USD game

Stu Whitney and TV tweeted there will be a trophy series for the SDSU vs. USD game which I think it's a great idea for the fans, players and just the hype of the game. Trophy will be unveiled Wednesday in Sioux Falls
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Re: Trophy series for SDSU vs. USD game

Originally posted by witness View Post
    Stu Whitney and TV tweeted there will be a trophy series for the SDSU vs. USD game which I think it's a great idea for the fans, players and just the hype of the game. Trophy will be unveiled Wednesday in Sioux Falls
    As long as it's not a corn cob, I'm alright with it.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      As long as it's not a corn cob, I'm alright with it.
      They did saw that it involves corn so who knows what it could be

Comment

A gold-looking Mount Rushmore replica of some kind.

Comment

Or we could just play for the trophy that already exists that is given to the winner - the little brown jug. I hate the idea of creating a trophy for this game when one exists already.
          "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
          "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
            Or we could just play for the trophy that already exists that is given to the winner - the little brown jug. I hate the idea of creating a trophy for this game when one exists already.
            Creating a new trophy is silly. When and if the Bison-Sioux play again, it will be for the nickel. Anything else will be silly kids stuff.

How do you guys feel about the game? I think you guys will win by 5 TD's. The USD fans in Sioux Falls were very confident in winning. They said this is the only game that matters. Wonder if Glenn has some tricks up his sleeve? It will be their superbowl.

Comment

Who made the decision? I think the timing stinks...nothing should be done to distract from Saturday's game at NDSU, our most heated rivalry and one that has particular importance this Saturday.

I recognize I don't have a vote but if I did, it'd be NO.

Comment

After listening to the news, it sounds like it is going to be similar to what Augie and USF are doing, taking into account allsports that they compete against each other and GPAs.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  Who made the decision? I think the timing stinks...nothing should be done to distract from Saturday's game at NDSU, our most heated rivalry and one that has particular importance this Saturday.

I recognize I don't have a vote but if I did, it'd be NO.
                  Agreed on the timing. If there was going to be a trophy, I was hoping for some sort of Mt. Rushmore something or other. Most likely won't be a fan of something corn.

As for the game, we've typically struggled against mobile QB's. I watched a little of the USD @ YSU game on KDLT last Sat., it appeared Vander Maten (?) was fairly mobile. The pressure will definitely be on SDSU to win.

I'll take the Jacks by 20. But first things first...let's worry about the Marker this week.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

The timing absolutely sucks and IMO our AD and Pres should know better. Either wait until next week or do it at the start of the year. Dumb.GO Jacks!!
                    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I highly doubt the players even care about the announcement on the trophy. They have bigger fish to try this week

Comment

Yeah, you're probably right...I'm sure our coaches love hearing about a game with a 1 win pos team 10 days away, 3 days before the biggest game since 2009 against THE PLAYERS biggest rival. Again...dumb move by AD and President and if i were Stig i'd i'd let Sell know about it.
                        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Is our administration or some official campus group behind new trophy? Or, is an outside party setting this up (e.g. Xyz Health Org). If it takes place, I hope it is sponsored by an official school-related entity and not an outside group.

I think we need more info,

I had not heard about this new trophy until I saw this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Is our administration or some official campus group behind new trophy? Or, is an outside party setting this up (e.g. Xyz Health Org). If it takes place, I hope it is sponsored by an official school-related entity and not an outside group.

I think we need more info,

I had not heard about this new trophy until I saw this thread.
                            Sponsored by SD corn utilization council and feeding SD. Check out front page of argus leader.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                              I highly doubt the players even care about the announcement on the trophy. They have bigger fish to try this week
                              This.

Comment

Working...
                              X