Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVFC 11/3/12 Honorees

WELL-DESERVED RECOGNITION:

Newcomer of the week: TJ Lally (that's the fourth time!)
    Special Teams player of the week: Justin Syrovatka

Lally:
    Lally tied for the team lead with 10 tackles, notching three tackles for loss with two sacks, and forced a fumble in South Dakota State’s 16-12 come-from-behind victory at Southern Illinois. Lally’s forced fumble early in the fourth quarter set up a field goal that pulled the Jackrabbits to within 10-9.

Syrovatka: Syrovatka was 3-for-3 on field goals, connecting from 28, 41 and 33 yards in the Jackrabbits’ 16-12 win over Southern Illinois on Nov. 3. Syrovatka also handled the kickoff duties for the first time this season, leading a special teams unit that allowed the Salukis an average of only 13.2 yards on six return attempts.

They join YSU's senior running back Jermaine Cook, Offensive Player of the Week, and Missouri State sophomore safety Caleb Shaffitzel, Defensive Player of the Week.

http://valley-football.org/news/defa...s-of-the-week/

Re: MVFC 11/3/12 Honorees

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    WELL-DESERVED RECOGNITION:Newcomer of the week: TJ Lally (that's the fourth time!) Special Teams player of the week: Justin SyrovatkaLally: Lally tied for the team lead with 10 tackles, notching three tackles for loss with two sacks, and forced a fumble in South Dakota State’s 16-12 come-from-behind victory at Southern Illinois. Lally’s forced fumble early in the fourth quarter set up a field goal that pulled the Jackrabbits to within 10-9.Syrovatka: Syrovatka was 3-for-3 on field goals, connecting from 28, 41 and 33 yards in the Jackrabbits’ 16-12 win over Southern Illinois on Nov. 3. Syrovatka also handled the kickoff duties for the first time this season, leading a special teams unit that allowed the Salukis an average of only 13.2 yards on six return attempts.They join YSU's senior running back Jermaine Cook, Offensive Player of the Week, and Missouri State sophomore safety Caleb Shaffitzel, Defensive Player of the Week.http://valley-football.org/news/defa...s-of-the-week/
    Not to take anything away from our kicker...pretty sure their punter deserved at least co-special teams pow.Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
      Not to take anything away from our kicker...pretty sure their punter deserved at least co-special teams pow.Go Jacks!!
      No doubt. I know I'm beating a dead horse but I believe SDSU's struggles in the punt game and punt return game are going to bite them in the ass. I see no reason for fans to believe that the Jacks will all the sudden stop getting it terribly wrong.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
        No doubt. I know I'm beating a dead horse but I believe SDSU's struggles in the punt game and punt return game are going to bite them in the ass. I see no reason for fans to believe that the Jacks will all the sudden stop getting it terribly wrong.
        I said jokely in another thread that SDSU should get the SIU kid to transfer. SDSU has not had a punter like him for a long time. Almost have to go back to the Mike Daly days and Tom OBrien, a punter not the QB had great skills for landing it within the 5 yard line. Of course it took some one to down the ball, but they had it working back then. Now??????

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          I said jokely in another thread that SDSU should get the SIU kid to transfer. SDSU has not had a punter like him for a long time. Almost have to go back to the Mike Daly days and Tom OBrien, a punter not the QB had great skills for landing it within the 5 yard line. Of course it took some one to down the ball, but they had it working back then. Now??????
          If I remember correctly both Neil Bainbridge and Jason Schlautman were 1st team all conference Punters in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
            If I remember correctly both Neil Bainbridge and Jason Schlautman were 1st team all conference Punters in recent years.
            I don't recall the name, but didn't we have a UNO transfer recently who did pretty well?
            “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
              I don't recall the name, but didn't we have a UNO transfer recently who did pretty well?
              Yes, that would be Jason Schlautman.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                My bad I had totally forgotten both of these guys. OBrien sticks in my mind as one of the best though, and a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                  My bad I had totally forgotten both of these guys. OBrien sticks in my mind as one of the best though, and a long time ago.
                  I will agree with you there about OBrien (the Punter)

Comment

Working...
                  X