Nov 17 ticket sales

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nov 17 ticket sales

With the team focused on this weekend, 1-0 etc., I'm drifting a little to Nov 17 and wondering how many SRO tickets have been sold. Anyone hear anything? Are people still buying tickets or has the interest in the game ended? I went to GoJacks.com to check out ordering tickets to determine if one can still order tickets -- they can, SRO for $40 a ticket.

I tried to do a calculation of potential gate receipts for the November 17 game against USD. I don't know what to allocate for season ticket holders...the per-seat for season tickets can vary depending on the location but season tickets holders are also required to make a minimum donation. So, I assumed $40 per ticket across the board, thinking that the actual amount for each season ticket is greater than $40. Multiply $40 by what you guess will be the crowd. Those are nice numbers.

The 10-day forecast shows we'll be solidly in the 40% with at least partial sunshine. If that trend continues to the 17th, weather should be okay for the game. Now, if we can get 18,000 through the turnstiles and set an attendance record, the bank account will be increased by $720,000. (Puts some perspective on NDSU basically selling out the dome each home game and have thousands of season-ticket holders more than the Jackrabbits...wow. Well, we're getting there!)

We'll set yet another football attendance record this season.

Re: Nov 17 ticket sales

At the Hobo day game, my dad was saying there have been 20,000 tickets sold, and that they are bringing in a second big screen and putting it on the practice field for those who can't fit into the stadium to see the action.

I have no idea how true any of that is, but my mouth went agape at the thought.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      At the Hobo day game, my dad was saying there have been 20,000 tickets sold, and that they are bringing in a second big screen and putting it on the practice field for those who can't fit into the stadium to see the action.

Holy standing room only,batman!

Comment

Uber-skeptic here...but I can't imagine how this game could possibly be that big of a draw, especially in mid-November. Season opener or week 2 or 3, maybe, maybe. Even though this is the first time in a long time of playing the game, even at the end of the series it wasn't drawing in huge crowds. This will be USD's biggest game of the year, but even that won't bring fans in red out in big numbers. Hopefully SDSU is playing for a playoff birth, but even the die-hards on this board have shown that for some it's basketball season already.

I'm hopefull for a good turnout, but unless there's good photographic proof of an overwhelming SRO crowd, any announced crowd over 14,000 will be mostly fluff IMO. And yes, this coming from a former ticket manager at SDSU.
        I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

I understand its a big game and the athletic department is trying to cash in, but it seems a little disingenuous to sell a ticket for $40 knowing full well that thousands of people won't even be let into the stadium. Honestly, it has the potential to be a little bit of a fiasco and black eye for the program if this is true.
          “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I heard similar things about the video board but not about actual ticket sales numbers. Officials from the ticket office told me that they will not limit the # of SRO tickets sold. I have some friends from Yankton that are casual coyote and Jackrabbit fans and they plan to attend the tailgate if its nice and then head to the bar or friends or families homes to watch on TV. I think the actual # in attendance will be in the 16,500 to 17,000 range and that is weather dependent.

If its less than 20 degrees and windy or wet the number will be much much less than that.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

My guess is a maximum of 17,000. Unless USD suddenly goes on tear and wins a game or two, I think a lot of their fans will stay home rather than buy SRO tickets. Bad weather could easily push the numbers down to 12,000 or less (especially if the Jacks fail to win one of the next two games). Hopefully we are going for win number eight or nine on a sunny afternoon.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
                Uber-skeptic here...but I can't imagine how this game could possibly be that big of a draw, especially in mid-November. Season opener or week 2 or 3, maybe, maybe. Even though this is the first time in a long time of playing the game, even at the end of the series it wasn't drawing in huge crowds. This will be USD's biggest game of the year, but even that won't bring fans in red out in big numbers. Hopefully SDSU is playing for a playoff birth, but even the die-hards on this board have shown that for some it's basketball season already.

I'm hopefull for a good turnout, but unless there's good photographic proof of an overwhelming SRO crowd, any announced crowd over 14,000 will be mostly fluff IMO. And yes, this coming from a former ticket manager at SDSU.
                I do know that the athletic department has been told in the past they can sell as many tickets to a football game as they want to. There is no limitations as far as capacity or safety concerns since its an open football stadium - unlike dooms and arenas. That said, most in attendance will be Jacks fans since USD is really struggling. I cannot imagine thousands of fans from Vermillion making the trip in support of a potentially one or two win team. That makes 16,000 even more impressive since the majority would be true blue Jacks fans. People are correct in saying the weather and elements will clearing determine the number showing up to cheer on the Jacks.

However, as a former ticket manager you will certainly agree anything over 14,000 this late in the year has been extremely rare - if ever? I am guessing 15,500 on Nov 17th - no fluff!

GBGBGJ

Comment

I'm the eternal optimist. I think there is going to be 17,000+ there unless it is just awful outside. The tailgate and everything will be epic (and hopefully not out of control) and the game atmosphere should be amazing. Throw the damn records out the window! This is the brawl for it all!

BTW- it shouldn't be hard to get a bunch of Yote students up here. They recognize a good deal when they see one (they went to USD right?). So, my thought is you maybe make a special offer for USD fans in the Volante. Make it $40 for one ticket or $150 for three. I guarantee they'll be buying them like hotcakes.

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

I would say that until USD becomes a more competitive team, and we play them earlier in the year, we will not crack 17,000.
                    I hope there is 17,000 but the weather is a major factor. All i care is that we win easily, otherwise USD can take it as a moral victory.

Comment

Set up a big screen in a tailgate area and let people watch the game out there. Just require a SRO or regular ticket to do so.
                      Just my thought if there actually is an extra screen brought in.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
                        I do know that the athletic department has been told in the past they can sell as many tickets to a football game as they want to. There is no limitations as far as capacity or safety concerns since its an open football stadium - unlike dooms and arenas. That said, most in attendance will be Jacks fans since USD is really struggling. I cannot imagine thousands of fans from Vermillion making the trip in support of a potentially one or two win team. That makes 16,000 even more impressive since the majority would be true blue Jacks fans. People are correct in saying the weather and elements will clearing determine the number showing up to cheer on the Jacks.

However, as a former ticket manager you will certainly agree anything over 14,000 this late in the year has been extremely rare - if ever? I am guessing 15,500 on Nov 17th - no fluff!

GBGBGJ
                        There has been at least one game this late in the season that has drawn over 14,000 -- interestingly enough it was five years ago to the day of the USD game.

That being said, I don't think that record is broken.

Comment

Originally posted by jackbusiness09 View Post
                          Set up a big screen in a tailgate area and let people watch the game out there. Just require a SRO or regular ticket to do so.
                          Just my thought if there actually is an extra screen brought in.
                          Now this is thinking outside the box. If you had to have a standing room ticket only to stay in the tailgate area to watch the big screen the crowd would be huge. But, the campus authorities would never let it fly. But, and excellent thought.

GBGBGJ

Comment

Here's the prediction:
                            Temperature 45 and above: 18,000
                            Temperature 42 - 44: 17,500
                            Temperature 38-41: 16,250
                            Temperature 31-37: 15,010
                            Temperature below 31 but USD invites NDSU fans with one of those billboards, telling them its a rematch: 18,500

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                              Here's the prediction:
                              Temperature 45 and above: 18,000
                              Temperature 42 - 44: 17,500
                              Temperature 38-41: 16,250
                              Temperature 31-37: 15,010
                              Temperature below 31 but USD invites NDSU fans with one of those billboards, telling them its a rematch: 18,500
                              Kinda loose on the smack-in-no-smack section there, JD, but truth could be a defense in this instance! Prediction: Sunny, cold, and 19,000.

Comment

Working...
                              X