SIU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIU

It is VERY quiet on the board this week, with very little chatter on SIU......
    Are we nervous, unsure, over confident(which I don't think we are)

Re: SIU

How about "cautiously optimistic", with a big emphasis on the cautiously part.

Comment

From what I've gathered about SIU. Opportunistic defense with a not-so-good offense. Turnovers are always important, but the Saluki's are really good at turning them into six points, so turnover margin will be huge.
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        From what I've gathered about SIU. Opportunistic defense with a not-so-good offense. Turnovers are always important, but the Saluki's are really good at turning them into six points, so turnover margin will be huge.
        Average defenses are usually refered to as opportunistic after they play us.
        One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

Comment

My guess: Sobering up from HOBO DAY

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
          It is VERY quiet on the board this week, with very little chatter on SIU......
          Are we nervous, unsure, over confident(which I don't think we are)
          Jackolantern

Comment

Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
            Average defenses are usually refered to as opportunistic after they play us.
            Jacks 24 SIU 21

Comment

Sumner found his grove... Jacks 38 SIU 17
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

This game will be close.

SIU's defense is good and they create turnovers.

SIU stacked the line against NDSU and will probably do the same to SDSU. If Sumner can move the chains with the pass then it will most likely be a Jacks win.

This would be a fun one to watch.

Comment

I'm hoping that we'll see another Hobo Day like performance rather than a UNI type performance by the Jacks. IMHO, this Jacks team has the ability to be the MVFC AQ. Just need 3 weeks of 1-0, starting this Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                    I'm hoping that we'll see another Hobo Day like performance rather than a UNI type performance by the Jacks. IMHO, this Jacks team has the ability to be the MVFC AQ. Just need 3 weeks of 1-0, starting this Sat.
                    Well we dont play in a dome so that helps. Frankly I aways felt we play SIU close so I like our chances.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Hope the receivers wear the correct turf shoes!

Comment

Quiet confidence, this is it and I think we all know it. A win here and we are sledding downhill wind at our backs and all that. But this is a damn tough conference(which means all of the teams are really awesome or all suck equally, you know...like the Big 10), so who the hell knows(NDSU could lose to MSU 2-0). I'm picking my Rabbits. That's it no score prediction.
                        With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I just don't know what to think. I suppose if I were Southern, I would stack the line and make our passing game prove itself another week. So maybe some decent weather would play into our hands. Our defense will play well. A couple of turnovers from them would be huge. For years, Stig could not get over the hump against his buddy Dale Lennon. But the past couple of years, we've taken it to the Skinny Dogs. Let's hope for a replay performance.

Very bummed that there are no TV options for this game. It's a big one. Hope WNAX comes in loud and clear, I guess. For the millionth time this season, there's just no understating the importance of this game. Let's get the W and the playoffs should be in our future. This isn't the time to be looking ahead to our end-of-the-season rivalry games. But I don't think that's a real concern. Complete game...four quarters...win, win, win.
                          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

It will come down to the same things that determine most games when teams are relatively evenly matched. Jacks need to establish the passing game and not turn the ball over. Zenner will get his yards. If the Jacks are even half as efficient in the redzone as last week and win the turnover margin it will be victory for SDSU unless the Jackrabbit defense doesn't show up and that isn't going to happen.

Get this win this week and go from there. I think there is a decent chance this team wins out and takes the MVFC title. Gotta win tomorrow for that to happen, of course.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The game is big and to beat your best friend, well lets hope that does not touch Stig's judgement, and I dont think it will. I suspect we have a very good game plan worked out so far. SIU has been very good on special teams recovering fumbles etc so we need our best people on KOR and Punts. On defense they usually stop the run with seven in the box, so thats going to be interesting challenge for Zenner and the fat guys, Oline. If we can control the line, Zenner could have a big day. We have to come out ready to play.

Comment

Working...
                              X