Football Gameplan's SDSU vs YSU Video Preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Gameplan's SDSU vs YSU Video Preview

Good afternoon SDSU fans! Good luck this week!

Em

Re: Football Gameplan's SDSU vs YSU Video Preview

I wish I could be as confident as this guy is of a Jackrabbit victory.I think a loss is a mental thing for fans to get over the same as it is for the players,while at the same time different, because the players can actually do something about losing....get better.The fan has to sit and watch and hope things get straightened out.Anyway, I'll try to be positive and predict that the Jacks will take this loss as a learning experience and a motivator like NDSU did against the Yotes.That's what good teams do.Go Jacks!

Comment

I look for the Jacks to get back to stop defense. IMHO, YSU isn't as good a passing team as UNI. Have to get out to a lead, as haven't shown the ability to get back a W when really down (more than 9).

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
        I look for the Jacks to get back to stop defense. IMHO, YSU isn't as good a passing team as UNI. Have to get out to a lead, as haven't shown the ability to get back a W when really down (more than 9).
        Agree. Against UNI the Jack's defense got a 3 and out to start and then promptly turned it over and gave up a TD pass on the very next play. Turnovers lead to points which lead to the loss.

There will have to be something more creative and hopefully more effective in the passing game or it might not matter how well the defense plays. Lose the turnover battle and will lose this game as well as 2 of the last 3 (maybe all 3).
        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
          I wish I could be as confident as this guy is of a Jackrabbit victory.I think a loss is a mental thing for fans to get over the same as it is for the players,while at the same time different, because the players can actually do something about losing....get better.The fan has to sit and watch and hope things get straightened out.Anyway, I'll try to be positive and predict that the Jacks will take this loss as a learning experience and a motivator like NDSU did against the Yotes.That's what good teams do.Go Jacks!
          If losses are a mental thing,think how Youngstown must feel after going from being ranked 3rd in the polls to losing 3 in a row. The Jacks need to jump on them and score first,and the Penguins will be thinking "Here we go again."

Comment

http://www.tribtoday.com/page/conten....html?nav=5024

Comment

Observation, teams that are struggling often talk about "execution". Lets not forget something, teams with better players and better coaches tend to "execute" better. UNI deserves credit for kicking the Jackrabbit's butts as does SIU for drilling YSU. Its likely that the better team that is better coached will win on Saturday and it is also likely that the loser of this upcoming game will be outside the playoff ring looking in.

This game is likely to define the season for Coach Stig and the Jackrabbit players. A loss tomorrow and it is very likely that this team finishes with 6 or 7 wins and misses the playoffs again. A win and 8 wins with a playoff birth is much more likely. If SDSU doesn't play sharp and get a victory it shouldn't be blamed on "execution", instead it should be taken for what its really worth.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=U-_-9HUaAmo

Comment

1. Don't turn the ball over.
                  2. Score TD's inside the 20. (I don't call it the Redzone because nothing is red @ SDSU)
                  3. If 1 & 2 happen the Hobo Day cocktails will taste much better.

Go Rabbits!
                  Last edited by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit; 10-24-2012, 11:46 AM.

Comment

All I know is that this game is truly must-win if a playoff berth is remotely possible. I don't see how this team would get 7 (let alone 8!) wins if they can not beat YSU at home on Hobo Day. It's now or never and I sure hope we are celebrating a win saturday. It would be a real buzz-kill to watch the much-hyped SDSU/USD game if the two teams have only 6 or 7 wins between them. If SDSU loses Saturday, I have a feeling that's what we are looking at for Nov 17.

Comment

Not blaming last week entirely on shoes....but those falling down plays and Three Stooges type tackling were awful. The team was just not comfortable on turf and in a dome (have we ever been?)
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        All I know is that this game is truly must-win if a playoff berth is remotely possible. I don't see how this team would get 7 (let alone 8!) wins if they can not beat YSU at home on Hobo Day. It's now or never and I sure hope we are celebrating a win saturday. It would be a real buzz-kill to watch the much-hyped SDSU/USD game if the two teams have only 6 or 7 wins between them. If SDSU loses Saturday, I have a feeling that's what we are looking at for Nov 17.
                        Thank you for this inspiration, Debby Downer. Man, this can be a glass half empty board sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
                          Thank you for this inspiration, Debby Downer. Man, this can be a glass half empty board sometimes.
                          My bad. The new rule forbidding us to pick the Jacks to lose should have been a warning to me. I should have known that attempting honest analysis of the remainder of the schedule would also be frowned upon.

My new prediction: Sumner throws for 600 yards and the Jacks win by 50 Saturday. They then easily run the table the rest of the way and blow-out the Crimson Tide in a newly-added BCS +1 game! Your right, that does feel a lot better!

Comment

The Jacks are going to pull it together and hit on all cylinders this week. They hit rock bottom last week and that has to give them some serious fire coming into this game. Plus, 100th Hobo Day, big crowd, and this game means EVERYTHING when it comes to the playoffs and winning the conference. Zenner has a big game and we try and throw the ball downfield. Defense is solid!

All those factors are going to bring us a good result! Jacks win 27-17.

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

At this point i will take a game plan of SDSU scoring more then the other team. I will be happy with any kind of a win and disapointed if we lose.
                              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Working...
                              X