Hobo Week begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hobo Week begins

time to move on. Happy Hobo Week everyone!

Re: Hobo Week begins

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
    time to move on. Happy Hobo Week everyone!
    Is any one in a hobo daze yet?
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Always love Hobo Day.

I always get up around 3am Sat. morning and go park my pickup along 6th st for a prime spot for the parade, in case it's crappy/cold, so my wife and girls have warm place to watch the parade, and we don't have to get there so early.

The game will be a doozie. I'll take the 'rabbits by a touchdown.
      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        Always love Hobo Day.

I always get up around 3am Sat. morning and go park my pickup along 6th st for a prime spot for the parade, in case it's crappy/cold, so my wife and girls have warm place to watch the parade, and we don't have to get there so early.

The game will be a doozie. I'll take the 'rabbits by a touchdown.
        Hope the wather cooperates this year. Wasn't able to have our son there last year being a newborn. Just to darn coldy and windy. Pending weather being any worse I hope to have him there for his first hobo day parade and game. Proud moment for me for sure. Typically I am not a fan of ugly wins but if this team can pull out a win with a desperate youngstown coming in I will take any win we can get. Hope last week was a wake up call that if they want to believe they are a playoff team its going to have to get better and a perfect game to get up for back home sure should help.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

http://www.sdstate.edu/hoboday/index.cfm

and

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=13&calcid=685

Comment

The early weather forecast for Brookings is sunny and a high of 37. Let's hope the temperature forecast is low and Saturday's high will be a little better. In any event, the zero per cent chance of rain and sunny sky will make temps in the 30s feel fine for an afternoon game of outdoor football.

Comment

Tailgating, Freshman girls, Football game. Should be interesting to be back.
              It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

Happy Hobo Week everybody! The 100th Hobo Day. Looking forward to what the university has in store for the week!

SUPERBUNNY
                MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  The early weather forecast for Brookings is sunny and a high of 37. Let's hope the temperature forecast is low and Saturday's high will be a little better. In any event, the zero per cent chance of rain and sunny sky will make temps in the 30s feel fine for an afternoon game of outdoor football.
                  The key will be the amount of wind. I would take sunny and 40 with little/no wind over 60 and a 25 mph wind any day.

Comment

Can anyone tell me when the parade starts and about how long it lasts?

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
                      Parade starts at 9:30 and usually lasts what, an hour?.

You'll want to be in your "spot" by 9:00, unless you park a car along the route early early.

http://www.sdstate.edu/news/event-de...d_3207=1415163
                      "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                        Happy Hobo Week everybody! The 100th Hobo Day. Looking forward to what the university has in store for the week!

SUPERBUNNY
                        9:30 till the 3 dozen floats and band go through
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by gojacksgo View Post
                          Starts at 9:30, usually is finished about 11:00 but that can be a bit sooner or later depending on where you sit on the route.
                          "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                            The key will be the amount of wind. I would take sunny and 40 with little/no wind over 60 and a 25 mph wind any day.
                            This.

It is likely to be just cold enough that the kids won't want to sit through the parade, I am okay with that. At this point in time planning to head to the tailgate lot at 10 am. Going to bring the patio heaters for a little artificial comfort.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The temp forecast continues to improve: Weather.com's 10-day for Bookings now predicts a high of 43. Precip chance is 10%...mostly sunny. That's good football weather.

Comment

Working...
                              X