X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Headline that made me smile!

Struggling USD eager for win on road

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ws|text|Sports

I have to say that it made me smile today to open up the ol' Argus Liar and see this headline at the top of the sports page. It's a good thing that they got that win against Mount Marty or they'd be 0-fer. Better get one this week pups or it is all down hill.

Good luck Yoties!

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Re: Headline that made me smile!

Writing headlines for USD football has to be the easiest job in the world. No matter the season, no matter the record, just switch out a word.

(Insert Adjective) USD Eager for Win on Road
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Missouri State put a reasonable scare into the Jacks. They have some talent and will win a game or two in the Valley. I am glad we (SDSU) have that game behind us. I would NOT be the most surprised person in the world if the Yotes get beat Saturday. I would NOT be the most disappointed either.

The Jacks need to take care of business at home. Western will pose some problems. Play well Jacks or we could get beat as well.

GBGBGJ

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
      Struggling USD eager for win on road

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...ws|text|Sports

I have to say that it made me smile today to open up the ol' Argus Liar and see this headline at the top of the sports page. It's a good thing that they got that win against Mount Marty or they'd be 0-fer. Better get one this week pups or it is all down hill.

Good luck Yoties!

SUPERBUNNY

Comment

According the lastest line, Yotes are 5 point dogs in Springfield so actually a Yote win would be an upset. I try not to vote with my heart(as in taking MSU), so I'm staying away from this one as well has SDSU being 14 point favorites over WIU.

Go Jacks!!
        SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post
          Missouri State put a reasonable scare into the Jacks. They have some talent and will win a game or two in the Valley. I am glad we (SDSU) have that game behind us. I would NOT be the most surprised person in the world if the Yotes get beat Saturday. I would NOT be the most disappointed either.

The Jacks need to take care of business at home. Western will pose some problems. Play well Jacks or we could get beat as well.

GBGBGJ
          Some us have complained about the passing game of SDSU, but MSU had great pass defense, and that plus the running of NO 15, will win some games for the Bears. It will be interesting to compare Sumner's passing stats with that of USD Van Maten after tommows game. Van Matern may not find his passing game doing much better than Sumner's. The MSU pass coverage was very good imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Chains View Post

GBGBGJ
            I think its crazy to expect the yotes to win. I don't see anything that suggests it should be expected. They are a terrible road team that has lost 2 starting DB's and LB's from a defense that was porous at best before. I think the Bears win this one relatively easily. Joe Glenn may be losing his patience and potentially his team's confidence as well. Of course, I could be totally wrong.

The argument I keep hearing is that the coyotes could have won either of these last two games if they would have executed better. They were the "better" team for sure last week. I don't buy that. WIU lined up and beat them on the dome turf and Illinois St. had a pretty comfortable 24-10 halftime lead and a 10 point lead with under 1 minute to play. A late TD made the score look closer than the game. Same at Montana against a down Montana team. The score did not reflect the total domination by the Griz.

I think the Bears are a better team and I think they win tomorrow.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Is it true that he Yotes haven't won on the road since...wait for it....Minnesota????

That is what the guy on KELO reported two nights ago. I almost spit out my Cheerios.

Go Jacks!!
              SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I think MSU wins this one.

Comment

The Yotes snatch defeat from the jaws of victory....27-24 ouch

Comment

Awesome!
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                      The Yotes snatch defeat from the jaws of victory....27-24 ouch
                      Now there is a quote that never gets old. Make my day.

GBGBGJ

Comment

WOW! And I thought the smile on my face last week was big. My face almost hurt after hearing about that epic collapse. That was their last best chance for a win.

Now, they get to look forward to sacrificing a home game and playing the Fison in Sioux Falls which will be like a neutral field at best for the Yotes. The great news is the Fison will be five kinds of pissed off after their loss this week. This game could get really ugly!

What a day to be a Jackrabbit! Another day in the lowely life of mangy Coyote!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Working...
                        X