WIU at USD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WIU at USD

Available on Midco...USD kicked off to WIU and the game is on. This game could be entertaining with both teams needing a win. USD is tough at home.

Re: WIU at USD

USD kicks a field goal at 10:58 in the first to go up 3-0.

I've been in the Dakotadome many times but am reminded, as I watched a guy go out of bounds and bounce off the wall, how close the sidelines are to the walls. Arena football?

Comment

Yotes special teams play stink too,blocked punt giving W Ill. the ball with short yardage to go for TD in the red zone.

Comment

Final: WIU 24, USD 17

Comment

Really assumed the Yotes would win this one, especially after their showing last week. A bit of a head-scratcher. Guess it serves as a reminder that we shouldn't take Western too lightly next week. Trips to South Dakota in consecutive weeks for them. That's logging some miles.
          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Watched part of the game on TV,seemed like the yotes have a hard time with sustained drives,consistency,stupid penalty's also killed momentum.W. Ill just pounded the run,time after time,hung around, and let the yotes spin their wheels all game long ,except for their big scoring plays.Not a pretty win by any means for W Ill.,but their strategy ultimately proved to be the winning one.

Comment

That strategy won't work against the Jacks

Comment

This was probably USD's best chance to earn a W in conference play. They have four road games left MSU, Indiana State, Youngstown, and SDSU on the road, NDSU in Sioux Falls and only UNI for a real home game.. And of course their season will be made or lost in Brookings from their perspective regardless of what the rest of their record is.

Comment

USD and their fans were assuming that this would be a win, bad way to approach any game in the MVFC. The beat writer predicted a 38-10 (close to that) easy victory where the coyotes would run all over WIU and where their defense would stifle WIU with constant pressure on the QB. Their radio announcer echoed that sentiment predicting a 34-10 stomping. I think they have a lack of respect for what the MVFC is. I remember some mocking from their fans when they joined the Great West and were accepted into the Big Sky. Seems they have gotten exactly what they asked for.

Now, I'm not saying USD didn't compete or won't be able to compete. In each of the last 2 games there were opportunities for victory, much more so this week than last. SDSU has faced the same scenario many times. There is a huge difference between playing a competitive game and winning. USD is a long way away from winning on a regular basis in this conference.
                  We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                    USD and their fans were assuming that this would be a win, bad way to approach any game in the MVFC. The beat writer predicted a 38-10 (close to that) easy victory where the coyotes would run all over WIU and where their defense would stifle WIU with constant pressure on the QB. Their radio announcer echoed that sentiment predicting a 34-10 stomping. I think they have a lack of respect for what the MVFC is. I remember some mocking from their fans when they joined the Great West and were accepted into the Big Sky. Seems they have gotten exactly what they asked for.Now, I'm not saying USD didn't compete or won't be able to compete. In each of the last 2 games there were opportunities for victory, much more so this week than last. SDSU has faced the same scenario many times. There is a huge difference between playing a competitive game and winning. USD is a long way away from winning on a regular basis in this conference.
                    Fans do not play the game and their thoughts or hopes have no impact on gameday. I know the players and coaches prepared for a dog fight and knew they were facing a physical defense that had big physical running backs. They failed to execute enough to win. This USD spectator is hoping they play cleaner - but I am not egotistical nor delusional enough to think that my thoughts about the team have impact on the field.

Comment

If I've heard it once from Coach Stig I've heard it a dozen times. You better show up everyday in the MVFC or someone will beat you. USD has a arrogance that will not score points or stop anyone else from scoring. You need to come to play.

The Bison have an arrogance about them as well but they have earned it! The Yotes have earned NOTHING. I don't beleive you will see or hear the Jacks beat writer or the radio team predicting scores or victories!

That said the Jacks need to show up or we can get beat by Western this Saturday. And - no prediction from me either.

GBGBGJ

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      USD and their fans were assuming that this would be a win, bad way to approach any game in the MVFC. The beat writer predicted a 38-10 (close to that) easy victory where the coyotes would run all over WIU and where their defense would stifle WIU with constant pressure on the QB. Their radio announcer echoed that sentiment predicting a 34-10 stomping. I think they have a lack of respect for what the MVFC is. I remember some mocking from their fans when they joined the Great West and were accepted into the Big Sky. Seems they have gotten exactly what they asked for.

Now, I'm not saying USD didn't compete or won't be able to compete. In each of the last 2 games there were opportunities for victory, much more so this week than last. SDSU has faced the same scenario many times. There is a huge difference between playing a competitive game and winning. USD is a long way away from winning on a regular basis in this conference.

Comment

Gotta agree with USDFBALUM on this one. What the beat writer writes and what the radio announcer says do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the team nor do opinions of fans. That being said, I expected USD to win this one fairly easily too. I only caught glimpses of the game but even when I checked in for the last time late in the 3rd I figured USD was a big play away from breaking the game open. Not to say they dominated in any way, just figured home, ddays and loud fans would spur them on.

My question is...Based on the USD result this week and last week plus the loss to SIU this week do we have to begin to question the quality of ISU-Red?
                        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
                        -Leo Rosten

Comment

Originally posted by usdfbalum View Post
                          Fans do not play the game and their thoughts or hopes have no impact on gameday. I know the players and coaches prepared for a dog fight and knew they were facing a physical defense that had big physical running backs. They failed to execute enough to win. This USD spectator is hoping they play cleaner - but I am not egotistical nor delusional enough to think that my thoughts about the team have impact on the field.
                          If I implied that the fans opinions affected the players performance please accept my apology. I was refering to the fact the coaches and players stated multiple times after the game that they (USD) felt they (USD) were the better team and that the loss was due to mental errors or poor execution not because WIU is a better team. Now, Coach Glenn continued to refer to the fact WIU held ISU to 23 points and he clearly respected that effort.

I have no idea how egotistical or delusional someone must be to believe their attitude or opinion as a fan affects the outcome on the field. I happen to have ESP and I routinely advise the Jackrabbit coaching staff, so I am much more than just the greatest Jackrabbit fan ever.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                          X