GDT: Bye week

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Bye week

I know that the team will really appreciate the opportunity to heal a bit and to have a few practices without having to hurriedly prepare for a specific team, but I find a bit of emptiness this weekend because there is no game.
    Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Re: GDT: Bye week

I agree. But, its a great bye week for several reasons. You mentioned the healing up part as one good reason. Others are - its a three day weekend and many of the students went home for the weekend so that would have hurt attendance. Its cold outside today and that would have hurt attendance. Plus, our need opponent is Western Ill and they play at USD this weekend - so a great opportunity to scout them. Last but not least its better to have a bye week at this time in the schedule vs the last couple of years when our bye week was at the beginning of the schedule - my humble opinion only!

But, clearing getting healthy is huge.

GBGBGJ

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
    I know that the team will really appreciate the opportunity to heal a bit and to have a few practices without having to hurriedly prepare for a specific team, but I find a bit of emptiness this weekend because there is no game.

Comment

Originally posted by West-River_Jack View Post
      That emptiness, can quickly be filled with chores, and things to be done on the honey-do-list, so I would keep that to yourself, lest your wife/girlfriend etc, finds out you are bored. But, I do agree, it has been 2.5 years since we have been home on a Sat, seems a little weird. I do think this year's schedule (bye week), lends itself to helping this team make the playoffs.
      Jackolantern

Comment

No question that the bye week comes at a great time for this team. Lots of knicked up players that will greatly improve over the extra week.

That being said, it really bugs me that we only have 5 home games again this year. Getting a 6th home game needs to become a priority for the team and the fans.

SUPERBUNNY
        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

So beating western and southern all of a sudden don't seem like for sure wins like I thought it would be last week. Just shows how hard it is to predict the valley.
          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
            So beating western and southern all of a sudden don't seem like for sure wins like I thought it would be last week. Just shows how hard it is to predict the valley.
            The winner of the Valley rarely goes undefeated in Valley play. At least one example today of why. Although NDSU might not lose a Valley game this year.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

personally, I'd prefer NDSU dominate all year, undefeated, then lay an egg in the first round.

Comment

Originally posted by MH351 View Post
                personally, I'd prefer NDSU dominate all year, undefeated, then lay an egg in the first round.
                Can't say I'd be too saddened by that scenario. Except if they keep this up, they'll have first round bye and home field advantage throughout and odds of laying an egg there are about nil.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Ok, well, whatever they're first game is in the post-season. They need a hit in the mouth.

Comment

They can run the table in the valley except when we play um.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

[QUOTE=goon;209469]So beating western and southern all of a sudden don't seem like for sure wins like I thought it would be last week. Just shows how hard it is to predict the valley.[/QUOTE

Why?

Comment

[QUOTE=mitchellrabbit;209487]
                        Originally posted by goon View Post
                        So beating western and southern all of a sudden don't seem like for sure wins like I thought it would be last week. Just shows how hard it is to predict the valley.[/QUOTE

Why?
                        Uh both won on the road. Not sure many would have picked siu to blank isu red and western game from behind and no one really expected western to compete to much. Granted it was at usd which hasn't proven to be very good either.

Comment

I had the WIU and USD game on the TV...wasn't paying perfect attention because I was reading too...but I think that game was tied most of the way. Sloppy play at times by both teams.

The SIU and WIU wins provide some validation to the claim that the MVFC is a tough league although I remain convinced SIU and WIU are bottom-half teams while SDSU certainly belongs in the top half.

Comment

Brad gilbert the tennis annalyst who wrote a book called winning ugly. It wasn't pretty how he played compared to his peers but it was effective. Seems most valley games will probably be ugly wins the way its played out the first half of confrence play.

Comment

Originally posted by MH351 View Post
                              That's fine, but generally when a conference mate is running good in the playoffs you cheer for them, just because it helps the Conference and getting more teams in.
                              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Working...
                              X