its in the cards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its in the cards

I was at work had to follow the game tracker online but watched some highlights and atlanta fans not very classy. A questionable call on the infield fly they giving time when the pitcher starts his delevery then gives up a 2 run homer the next inning. Chippa should have been out on the last play of the game giving braves another hitter. Braves fans should blame their defense before the attack the refs. But I'm a cards fan and they are moving on so that's what's really important. Since the nats have never been in this position, hopefully they struggle like the braves and cards move on. That's my hope at least.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Re: its in the cards

Oh yeah and go cards and win 12 in 12.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
      I was at work had to follow the game tracker online but watched some highlights and atlanta fans not very classy. A questionable call on the infield fly they giving time when the pitcher starts his delevery then gives up a 2 run homer the next inning. Chippa should have been out on the last play of the game giving braves another hitter. Braves fans should blame their defense before the attack the refs. But I'm a cards fan and they are moving on so that's what's really important. Since the nats have never been in this position, hopefully they struggle like the braves and cards move on. That's my hope at least.
      A questionable call is a vast understatement. It was almost as bad as packers/Seahawks plus playoff implications on the line. I don't even know what the ump was thinking.
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

I don't care for either team but i thought the infield fly call was correct. That said, the only question would be is if the shortstop could have caught that with "ordinary effort", like the rule states.

Comment

Agreed. I thought the call was correct also. The shortstop appeared to have it under control with ordinary effort. The shortstop stopped when called off by the leftfielder who also stopped. One call never is the difference in any ballgame. If you want to win, play better for the entire game.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
            A questionable call is a vast understatement. It was almost as bad as packers/Seahawks plus playoff implications on the line. I don't even know what the ump was thinking.
            Its called thr in field fly but can be called anywhere on the field. 99% of the time he would drift back and make the catch. Braves got some breaks that went their way too and it wasn't the last play of the game deciding it.

Comment

Its called thr in field fly but can be called anywhere on the field. 99% of the time he would drift back and make the catch. Braves got some breaks that went their way too and it wasn't the last play of the game deciding it.
              Reason why it shouldn't of been called. At no point was Holliday camped under the ball, the ump is supposed to call it right away but waited until about 1 second before it hit the ground, it was the outfielders play all the way which would have made it not an infield fly rule. And it was in the playoffs during a rally. Bases loaded one out is a whole lot different than 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs when you are down by three. It was a terrible call and to make it in the playoffs is even worse.
              "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                Reason why it shouldn't of been called. At no point was Holliday camped under the ball, the ump is supposed to call it right away but waited until about 1 second before it hit the ground, it was the outfielders play all the way which would have made it not an infield fly rule. And it was in the playoffs during a rally. Bases loaded one out is a whole lot different than 2nd and 3rd with 2 outs when you are down by three. It was a terrible call and to make it in the playoffs is even worse.
                Disagree with all of that. It doesn't matter if the ss was camped out under it or not, he could of made the play with ordinary effort. When the ump determined he could,he called the infield fly rule.It doesn't matter if Holliday bailed out on it or not. Btw,if the outfielder would have caught it,the infield fly rule is still in effect.

The bottom line is, it's a judgement call by the ump. He made a good call. Also, i don't care if it's a playoff game or some meaningless Twins game, you make the call. The idea that officials should swallow their whistles went it's an important game is absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by jack power View Post
                  Disagree with all of that. It doesn't matter if the ss was camped out under it or not, he could of made the play with ordinary effort. When the ump determined he could,he called the infield fly rule.It doesn't matter if Holliday bailed out on it or not. Btw,if the outfielder would have caught it,the infield fly rule is still in effect.

The bottom line is, it's a judgement call by the ump. He made a good call. Also, i don't care if it's a playoff game or some meaningless Twins game, you make the call. The idea that officials should swallow their whistles went it's an important game is absurd.
                  People should have been lobbying to get rid of the rule long ago but it was called in the context it was written. Its how I hate how calls are rather consistant during summit league basketball and all of a sudden its turny time and every drive wolters took at western ill ended with him getting hammered and no call but those drives were often fouls during the season. Consistancy is the most important thing refs can provide.

Comment

Simply amazing. They just keep finding away.

Comment

Simply amazing. They just keep finding away.
                      The Nats bullpen was so bad that they may have wished they had Matt Capps back.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        The Nats bullpen was so bad that they may have wished they had Matt Capps back.
                        Storen was bad but the noght before they had 7 strike outs in a row.

Comment

Nice slide by Holiday last night.

If I were him I wouldn't dig in too deep the rest of the series. Dirty play, could easily have ended Scutaro's career. Luckily it just ended his night.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            Nice slide by Holiday last night.

If I were him I wouldn't dig in too deep the rest of the series. Dirty play, could easily have ended Scutaro's career. Luckily it just ended his night.
                            Scutaro didn't have to stand there. He shouldn't have guessed holliday would try to break up the double play.

Plus retaliation is probably not a smart idea in a close playoff series. Dirty play no hard play yes questionable play yes.

Comment

Baseball is still going on???
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                              X