• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stig gives team B- at break

http://terryvandrovec.tumblr.com/

Re: Stig gives team B- at break

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
    I think part of it was to make sure the team wasn't satisfied at being 4-1 during the bye week, but I feel that this is about the right grade for the Jacks based on their potential. Sure the running game and defense has improved tenfold, the passing game has been mediocore at best. I expect the passing game to come out much better after the bye week. Thankfully the Jacks were able to survive despite 2 injuries to their OL and a dislocated thumb on Sumners throwing hand.
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
      I think part of it was to make sure the team wasn't satisfied at being 4-1 during the bye week, but I feel that this is about the right grade for the Jacks based on their potential. Sure the running game and defense has improved tenfold, the passing game has been mediocore at best. I expect the passing game to come out much better after the bye week. Thankfully the Jacks were able to survive despite 2 injuries to their OL and a dislocated thumb on Sumners throwing hand.
      Honest assesment and perfectly in line with what this team should expect of itself. The injuries are part of FB, every team deals with them and they will continue to occur. The solution is depth and on the O-line there seems to be some of that. 8 wins or more has to be the goal at this point and that all starts with a crisp game and victory over WIU next Saturday.
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

8 wins or more has to be the goal at this point and that all starts with a crisp game and victory over WIU next Saturday.[/QUOTE]
        That's the truth sir. And is it really true that we have won once in Fargo in the last 50 years ? That's what Terry's article said and it just blew my mind almost.

Comment

Eight wins is going to be a TALL order, but it's not impossible. We'll be favored over WIU and (unless something crazy happens) USD, but probably underdogs in the other four games. Even in a best-case scenario, we would come into the USD game with 7 wins, setting up a much-hyped rivalry game with major playoff implications. Wouldn't that be fun?

If the passing game suddenly gets to a level similar to last year, I think we have a good shot at 8 wins. If things keep going the way they have been (or Zenner misses even a single game) we are going to need some lucky breaks to get 7. It could happen either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
            Eight wins is going to be a TALL order, but it's not impossible. We'll be favored over WIU and (unless something crazy happens) USD, but probably underdogs in the other four games. Even in a best-case scenario, we would come into the USD game with 7 wins, setting up a much-hyped rivalry game with major playoff implications. Wouldn't that be fun?

If the passing game suddenly gets to a level similar to last year, I think we have a good shot at 8 wins. If things keep going the way they have been (or Zenner misses even a single game) we are going to need some lucky breaks to get 7. It could happen either way.
            Think TV says Jacks have higher RPI than three of last six opponents. IMHO the key will be whether Jacks can beat UNI on the road. Everything flows from there.

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
              Think TV says Jacks have higher RPI than three of last six opponents. IMHO the key will be whether Jacks can beat UNI on the road. Everything flows from there.
              You are right there. I guess the concept of the Jacks being favored over UNI was just so foreign to me that I wrote it off! Getting a win there would indeed be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                You are right there. I guess the concept of the Jacks being favored over UNI was just so foreign to me that I wrote it off! Getting a win there would indeed be huge.
                The Jacks won't be favored over UNI on the road, IMO. But the three that they will be favored over and currently have a higher standing than will be Western Ill, Southern Ill, and USD. Those are the three that TV is referring to.

Eight wins will be challenging, but I wouldn't say it will be a tall order. Win those three above we are supposed to win (2 are at home), and then knock off either @UNI, @NDSU, or home versus Youngstown. I think a win in one of those three are possible and even likely.

I think the passing game is going to come alive, I'm hearing from folks close to the situation that Austin has had maybe his best practices this week prior to the bye.
                "I'd like to thank the good Lord for making me a Yankee." - Joe D.

Comment

I wonder what grade he would give his coaching staff?

I'm not sure what grade I would give. There have been obvious improvements in some areas. But then there are certain parts of the special teams and going for 2 in the first half of the UC Davis game. I'm guessing Stig might give them a C or a C+, but see him as a tough grader on himself and his staff.
                  @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                  --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

I think the special teams and passing game struggles alone warrant the team getting a B- rating. An A rating would suggest we were firing on all cylinders.

As funny as it sounds, I think a B- rating is a very positive sign. I think this team has an unbelievable amount of talent on it on both sides of the ball. More important (and unusual compared to seasons past) is that we have really talented depth. Our O-line hasn't played with the original starting lineup yet. Our D-line has been rotating banged up players all season, as has our Linebacking crew. For once we're not one injury away from a big drop in talent at a given position. Considering we are 4-1 and have yet to really play a "great" game is something to be excited about as Jacks' fans. I think this team can be really good if they get everything clicking. I can't wait to see it unfold.

Heading to UNI for my first game in person. I already told Mrs. Wilbs that 10/20 is off-limits for scheduling anything that weekend. I'm hoping to be there when we finally get a W in that place.
                    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Working...
                    X