#18 - WIU - 14,011
    #19 - UNI - 14,010
    #25 - SDSU - 12,859
    #32 - SIU - 10,889
    #39 - Missouri State - 9,610
    #53 - USD - 8,400
    #77 - Illinois State - 6,270
    #78 - Indiana State - 6,258
    Cool, where do they get the stadium capacities from?

According to that report, SDSU must have a stadium capacity of 15,000. I thought it was 10K? SDSU is at 85% of capacity.

USD is 84% of capacity of 10,000.

App State is at 136% of capacity...
    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Re: FCS Avg. Attendance - 2012

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
      Cool, where do they get the stadium capacities from?

According to that report, SDSU must have a stadium capacity of 15,000. I thought it was 10K? SDSU is at 85% of capacity.

USD is 84% of capacity of 10,000.

App State is at 136% of capacity...
      All I know is that I wouldn't want to be at CAS if 25,700 people were there which that websites says is the capacity
      "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
        All I know is that I wouldn't want to be at CAS if 25,700 people were there which that websites says is the capacity
        Huh? The 25,700 number is the total accumulated attendance. Says our accumulated capacity is 30,000 or 15,000 ea game.

The accumlated attendance divided by the accumulated capacity gives the 85% average of capacity.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
          Huh? The 25,700 number is the total accumulated attendance. Says our accumulated capacity is 30,000 or 15,000 ea game.

The accumlated attendance divided by the accumulated capacity gives the 85% average of capacity.
          Read it/intepreted it wrong. My bad. 15,000 seems a bit high for capacity though.
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
            http://web1.ncaa.org/mfb/2012/Internet/attendance/FCS_AVGATTENDANCE.pdf

#8 - NDSU - 18,696 Avg.
            #14 - Youngstown State - 16,821
            #18 - WIU - 14,011
            #19 - UNI - 14,010
            #25 - SDSU - 12,859
            #32 - SIU - 10,889
            #39 - Missouri State - 9,610
            #53 - USD - 8,400
            #77 - Illinois State - 6,270
            #78 - Indiana State - 6,258
            If Western Illinois really averages over 14K per game, I'll eat my hat.
            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
              if you do eat your hat, post a video of it to youtube. i would want to see that. but yeah, i have a hard time beliving that one.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Surprised UNI is that low. Come on USD, get it together.......
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

CAS seating capacity around 10,000, but they will sell tickets as long as someone wants to buy one SRO, so you could say capacity is unknown, but paobanly somewhere around 18,000.

Comment

I had always thought that somewhere in the concrete on the west-side permanent seating, the capacity of 10,000 is stamped. The Media Guide (see page 2 of the 2012 SDSU Football Media Guide, get it online at GoJacks.com) lists the capacity of CAS as 15,000, taking into account the east and south bleachers, I suppose.

Comment

The stamp on the concrete for the west side says 6300+. It is stamped on one of the columns toward the southwest corner near the student gate. Go look for those who do not believe me. It has always been reported that there are about 10k seats in CAS before the new south bleachers. I know what the media guide says but i would have to guess that the figure temp seating into that. Who really knows.

Comment

Thats what i thought was the west side was 6000ish, the east side 4000ish and standing where ever else people can fit.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                          Same for YSU over 16,000.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Capacity and the # of people they let through the turnstiles at an outdoor stadium do not necessarily equate. Domes are limited by fire codes as are some outdoor stadiums. A place like CAS does not have those limitation, at least not to my knowledge.

It has been made very clear to me that no limit of tickets will be sold for games at CAS. Roughly 10,000 seats and as much standing room as they can sell.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                            X