Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ Lally named to Jerry Rice watch list

According to TV
    SDSU LB T.J. Lally named to the Jerry Rice watch list for the top freshman in the FCS. Teammate Austin Sumner was a finalist last year.
    Possibility of two finalists for top fresman in FCS two years running. Looks like we are headed in the right direction and recruiting the right kids
    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Re: TJ Lally named to Jerry Rice watch list

I was looking over the list so far and 3 names to me jump out stats wise. Lally of course has a really solid stat line. 9 games: 75 tackles (53 solo) - 8.3 tpg, 7 TFL, 6 sacks, 2 INT, 2 QBH, 1 FR, 2 FF. having 6 sacks and playing for a team most likely heading to the playoffs is going to help him.

Also UNI QB. Sawyer Kollmorgen, Northern Iowa, Quarterback, 6-2, 215

9 games: 152-for-264, 2,027 yards, 18 TD, 7 INT, 139.27 passing effiency; 231.9 ypg of total offense. Those arent bad numbers just team record really dosent see to help his case.

Finally I think this guy. Zak Browning, Southern Utah, Linebacker, 5-11, 215

9 games: 102 tackles (60 solo) - 11.3 tpg, 4.5 TFL, 1.5 sacks, 3 PBU, 1 FR, 4 FF. over 100 tackles already and not as many sacks but TFL are good also with 4 FF. having 11 TPG I think are pretty impressive.

To me those are the 3 that stand out to me on the watch list.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Mr. Lally has been named to the College Sports Journal Freshman All-American Team:

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...ll-America.pdf
      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
      - Steven Wright

Comment

It is old news, but the Jerry Rice award was given to Villanova's QB John Robertson. TJ Lally finished 7th in balloting. Sawyer Kollmorgan from UNI finished 2nd in balloting.

Despite graduating several key linebackers, it is nice to know that we will have Lally anchoring the LB corps the next few years.

Comment

Working...
        X