Pick 'em: 9/29 Valley Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick 'em: 9/29 Valley Games

Looks like this year will be another one in which the Valley chews on itself. What are the opinions (and hopes) of the Jackrabbit fans for this weekend's four conference games?

Missouri State at SDSU
    Indiana State at Southeern Illinois
    NDSU at UNI
    Illinois State at USD

Local small colleges having regional appeal:
    Minnesota at Iowa
    Wisconsin at Nebraska

Prior to Saturday, we can make wisecracks that NDSU is winless in the conference this season. After Saturday, when NDSU gets on the bus from its first conference tilt in Cedar Falls, will we say the same? Youngstown and Western Illinois each have the weekend off. Youngstown next plays 10/6/12 at NDSU and WIU plays 10/6/12 at USD. Here are my picks:

Missouri State at SDSU BY 17 Jackrabbits are all business in this one, knowing MSU has talent and is desperate.
    Indiana State at Southern Illinois BY 7. Shakir Bell gets on track again and SIU continue to show it can stumble.
    NDSU at UNI WINS 21-17. We'll find out if UNI is one of the real deals in the Valley.
    Illinois State at USD BY 21. For selfish reasons (Illinois State likely will contend for a playoff spot), I'd like to see USD add another banner beneath the cross-stich Home Sweet Dome hanging from the ceiling but I don't see that happening.

Minnesota at Iowa -- BY 10, bucking the tradition of the worst team winning the I-35 traveling trophy, Floyd of Rosedale. This win will finally turn the hearts of the remaining few who doubt Coach Kill.
    Wisconsin at Nebraska. -- Bucky by 7 but this game is a hard one to pick. Wisco is missing a cylinder but Nebraska continues to be suspect in my book. Can we allow a tie?

Re: Pick 'em: 9/29 Valley Games

Missouri State at SDSU by 2 scores
    Indiana State at Southern Illinous home crowd assists a 3 pt win.
    NDSU at UNI NDSU D allows only 2 scores, while their O scores, well...more than twice.
    Illinois State at USD It'll be closer than last years 28-3 score, but not much.

Don't care about the other two games listed.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
      Looks like this year will be another one in which the Valley chews on itself. What are the opinions (and hopes) of the Jackrabbit fans for this weekend's four conference games?Missouri State at SDSUIndiana State at Southeern IllinoisNDSU at UNIIllinois State at USDLocal small colleges having regional appeal:Minnesota at Iowa Wisconsin at NebraskaPrior to Saturday, we can make wisecracks that NDSU is winless in the conference this season. After Saturday, when NDSU gets on the bus from its first conference tilt in Cedar Falls, will we say the same? Youngstown and Western Illinois each have the weekend off. Youngstown next plays 10/6/12 at NDSU and WIU plays 10/6/12 at USD. Here are my picks:Missouri State at SDSU BY 17 Jackrabbits are all business in this one, knowing MSU has talent and is desperate.Indiana State at Southern Illinois BY 7. Shakir Bell gets on track again and SIU continue to show it can stumble.NDSU at UNI WINS 21-17. We'll find out if UNI is one of the real deals in the Valley.Illinois State at USD BY 21. For selfish reasons (Illinois State likely will contend for a playoff spot), I'd like to see USD add another banner beneath the cross-stich Home Sweet Dome hanging from the ceiling but I don't see that happening.Local small colleges having regional appeal:Minnesota at Iowa -- BY 10, bucking the tradition of the worst team winning the I-35 traveling trophy, Floyd of Rosedale. This win will finally turn the hearts of the remaining few who doubt Coach Kill.Wisconsin at Nebraska. -- Bucky by 7 but this game is a hard one to pick. Wisco is missing a cylinder but Nebraska continues to be suspect in my book. Can we allow a tie?
      SDSU in a relatively easy gameISU by 10UNI by 3 in OT. Their backs are to the wall and NDSU is cocky and ripeiSU by 14Iowa by 10Nebraska by 10. Buskers are better than the rest of the Little 10

Comment

sdsu
        ndsu
        isu - blue
        usd

Minnesota
        Nebraska

Comment

SDSU by 21 (MSU will have way too many slip-ups)
          Indiana St. by 7
          UNI by 17 (NDSU will get shell shocked from the very beginning)
          Illinois st. by 13

Comment

SDSU by 17
            Indiana St. by 10
            UNI by 4
            ISU by 9

Gophs stay undefeated
            Badgers get back on track vs nu
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

SDSU by 10
              Indiana State by 3
              NDSU by 6
              Illinois State by 17

Gophers by 7
              Huskers by 10
              “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                SDSU in a relatively easy gameISU by 10UNI by 3 in OT. Their backs are to the wall and NDSU is cocky and ripeiSU by 14Iowa by 10Nebraska by 10. Buskers are better than the rest of the Little 10
                Cocky? You know nothing of their mental state, the odds of us getting beat by 14 are about the same as you guys winning against ISU
                BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Missouri State at SDSU Jacks run and pass to 34 pts. Bears discover SDSU defense is tougher than stats.
                  Indiana State at Southeern Illinois - Trees get Bell back into the O, and get the W.
                  NDSU at UNI - Panthers are backed into their home den, Have to win out to make the play-offs. This is about a flip em game.
                  Illinois State at USD - Welcome to the MVFC Yotes.

Minnesota at Iowa - Gophs will be playing in a bowl this season. Iowa, not.
                  Wisconsin at Nebraska Go for my MS aluma mater.

Comment

Goofers down 24- Zip at halftime.

Comment

20-7 NDSU early in the 3rd
                      BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

So at 1-4 now, does UNI fall out of the top 25 for probably the first time in a long time? You can't possible keep a 1-4 team in the top 25 can you?
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          So at 1-4 now, does UNI fall out of the top 25 for probably the first time in a long time? You can't possible keep a 1-4 team in the top 25 can you?
                          All things considered they are actually 0-4 as th DII win doesn't count and yes thy should fall out of the top 25 for the first time in 97 weeks but will they?
                          BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                            All things considered they are actually 0-4 as th DII win doesn't count and yes thy should fall out of the top 25 for the first time in 97 weeks but will they?
                            The answer is no...no they won't, I have a feeling. (not that I want less MVC teams in the top 25).

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                              IMO,they shouldn't be ranked but i bet they are.

Comment

Working...
                              X