O-Line & D-Line the reason for success

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O-Line & D-Line the reason for success

The play of both the o-line and d-line has been amazing this year, and in my opinion the main reason for the start. The addition of coach Flynn has brought a much needed attitude to the line, and opening up some great holes for Z Squared.
    The smothering d-line is the reason the defense is shutting teams down. We can rush 4 guys and not blitz, it just creates a blanket that teams have trouble getting through. This is no different to an Alabama team, they have a huge, bruising o-line and a d-line that will crush you without bringing more players.
    Any team is going to have issues handling both.

Re: O-Line & D-Line the reason for success

There isn't a coach or analyst in America that will say it doesn't start up front. Awesome start and keep it rolling!
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

It's been often repeated that our top two offensive linemen haven't played yet because of injuries. I'd hate to be the coaches because when those two are ready to play...does one dare to tinker with that offensive line? Likely they'll be phased in, spelling the guys who have earned the starting spots. Or, maybe it will be more accurate to state we have more starters than we have positions so that means fresher guys on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
        It's been often repeated that our top two offensive linemen haven't played yet because of injuries. I'd hate to be the coaches because when those two are ready to play...does one dare to tinker with that offensive line? Likely they'll be phased in, spelling the guys who have earned the starting spots. Or, maybe it will be more accurate to state we have more starters than we have positions so that means fresher guys on the line.
        Stig's line has always been "You don't lose your starting job to injury"

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
          Stig's line has always been "You don't lose your starting job to injury"
          Does that mean the guys who have been starting don't lose their jobs to guys who have been injured?

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
            Does that mean the guys who have been starting don't lose their jobs to 2 guys who have been injured?
            Clever logic but nope. It means Fick and Parker will start and we'll be fine. I think we'll get some better pass blocking is what will happen.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
              Does that mean the guys who have been starting don't lose their jobs to guys who have been injured?
              Very clever.....i like that!

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
                Seem to me we've talked about everyone on defense except Marshall Peugh. Him and Peete have been forces on the edge. He could be the best JuCo transfer we've had in quite a while. Seems like get these JuCo's in and they don't quite pan out, but Peugh has been very, very good.
                ^^^^what he said.

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
                  Seem to me we've talked about everyone on defense except Marshall Peugh. Him and Peete have been forces on the edge. He could be the best JuCo transfer we've had in quite a while. Seems like get these JuCo's in and they don't quite pan out, but Peugh has been very, very good.
                  In all fairness, with a name like Peugh, who expected him to be any good?
                  If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                  - Steven Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                    Poor guy, I bet he gets a lot little jokes and stuff. I am sure he is very proud of his name..
                    Last edited by Nidaros; 09-24-2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      Poor guy, I bet he gets a lot little jokes and stuff. I am sure he is very pround of his name..
                      Well, it can't be worse than the name of the head tech guy at Daktronics (at least he use to be, don't know his current status). It is so bad I would get a timeout on this message board for saying it, but it's honestly his real name. Anyone who's been associated with Daktronics in anyway should know who I'm talking about, as the guy is a legend.
                      If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                      - Steven Wright

Comment

Well, it can't be worse than the name of the head tech guy at Daktronics (at least he use to be, don't know his current status). It is so bad I would get a timeout on this message board for saying it, but it's honestly his real name. Anyone who's been associated with Daktronics in anyway should know who I'm talking about, as the guy is a legend.
                        I think I know who you're talking about... and that guy must have a good sense of humor about it. Unfortunately, parents need to think about these things when naming their kids.
                        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Harry is a good guy. What's funny is it used to embarrass the secretary more when she used to have to page him over the loudspeaker system.

Comment

4 years at Daktronics and every time they paged him overhead it made me chuckle. Juvenile, I know.
                            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

The Dallas cowboys had a pretty good DT play for them,his name was Jethro Pugh.Giving my age away.

Comment

Working...
                              X