Ramses Barden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramses Barden

I see Cal-Poly's Ramses Barden (NYG) has over 100 yards of receiving in the first half. The Jackrabbits could never stop him, and now the Panthers can't stop him.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Re: Ramses Barden

Pretty cool. If I recall, Barden has been slowed his first few years by a nagging ankle injury. I don't get ESPN so I can't watch, but it's great to hear that he's healthy and *finally* having a break out game.

Dude was a beast at Cal Poly and will be in the NFL.
    "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
      The Jackrabbits could never stop him, and now the Panthers can't stop him.
      You know I was never impressed with Barden and your post made me remember why. Here are Barden's yardages against the Jacks in the 3 games he played against them: 40, 56, 45. With a total of two TD's, each in a separate game. Stats not available for any other game. Sorry but those are hardly barn burning numbers. In short he didn't do to much more than an average wide receiver. There's a reason it took him this long to do anything, that and Hakeem Nicks being hurt.
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
        You know I was never impressed with Barden and your post made me remember why. Here are Barden's yardages against the Jacks in the 3 games he played against them: 40, 56, 45. With a total of two TD's, each in a separate game. Stats not available for any other game. Sorry but those are hardly barn burning numbers. In short he didn't do to much more than an average wide receiver. There's a reason it took him this long to do anything, that and Hakeem Nicks being hurt.
        My mistake, i always thought his numbers against the Jacks was more impressive. I guess I was always impressed by his size, and never looked too closely at the numbers.

Catrabbit, I would be careful about drawing a correlation between the NFL and FCS success. We have had several Jackrabbit greats that have struggled to make a roster in the NFL.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Whenever I hear Barden's name,I'm reminded of that famous Randy Moss quote "I play when I want to play". It seemed like Barden could dominate when he wanted to,but he didn't have the desire to consistently do it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Whenever I hear Barden's name,I'm reminded of that famous Randy Moss quote "I play when I want to play". It seemed like Barden could dominate when he wanted to,but he didn't have the desire to consistently do it.
            I really do hate that quote. If you read the full quote, all Randy said was sure that he takes some plays off, but he's still playing football. The actually meaning of that sentence, was as he said, "When I go out there and play football, man it's not anybody telling me to play or how I should play." In that same article, Chris Carter even said, "There is not a player who goes 100% all the time." So basically all Randy meant was that he doesn't need somebody to tell him to play football, and that even if he takes a play off he's still playing football, but when he wants to go hard, he's going to tear somebody's head off.
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
              You are correct, we contained him pretty well, but he was still one of the top WR's in the FCS. Look at his numbers.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/12555/type/college/ramses-barden

A
              s for taking him so long to do anything...again...I'm pretty sure he's had nagging ankle issues. That and the Giants have had pretty good WR's I suppose.
              Attached Files
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                My mistake, i always thought his numbers against the Jacks was more impressive. I guess I was always impressed by his size, and never looked too closely at the numbers.

Catrabbit, I would be careful about drawing a correlation between the NFL and FCS success. We have had several Jackrabbit greats that have struggled to make a roster in the NFL.
                To be fair you drew up the correlation, I just responded with the facts I had. His NFL success hasn't been all that successful either. Of course he's on a team and I'm sitting here talking to you, but I believe he's pretty much been buried on the depth chart and that was more yards in one night than he had all last season. I like to see any FCS player, even D2 player have success in the NFL, I'm all for it. Except for Mariani of course. **** him.
                With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

It looks like he might get another chance.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...sEnabled=false
                  Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

Working...
                  X