Tickets for UC Davis game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tickets for UC Davis game

I have 4 tickets available for anyone who wants them. Section H, Row 20, Seats 5-8. You'll be sitting amongst a some of my relatives, fellow members on this board and some ex-football players from the mid 90's (it pains me to write that). Shoot me an email if you're interested and I'll arrange to have them available at the stadium ticket window. No cost to you, but you have to be willing to cheer and stand up on key downs.

Geoff Wilber

gdw@gruber-law.com
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Re: Tickets for UC Davis game

By the way, a little trivia for you. Josh Ranek officially started his assault on the record books at UC Davis (in '97 I believe?) which was also Coach Stig's first game as the HC. Ryan Miller had 2 big sacks and we knocked of the 6th ranked UC Davis team at the Toooooomb. One of my best memories from my playing days.
    "You just stood their screaming. Fearing no one was listening to you. Hearing only what you wanna hear. Knowing only what you heard." Metallica

Comment

Sorry to steal your thunder here, but I have a question regarding this topic.

If I have extra tickets that may not be used, can I donate them back to State so they can sell them again? Just curious. I got season tickets this year and there will be a game or two I might not be able to make it.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
        I have 4 tickets available for anyone who wants them. Section H, Row 20, Seats 5-8. You'll be sitting amongst a some of my relatives, fellow members on this board and some ex-football players from the mid 90's (it pains me to write that). Shoot me an email if you're interested and I'll arrange to have them available at the stadium ticket window. No cost to you, but you have to be willing to cheer and stand up on key downs.

Geoff Wilber

gdw@gruber-law.com
        Sitting amongst a bunch Wilbers could be dangerous!

Comment

Tickets are gone. Hope everyone has a great time at the game.

Z - most of the gang are the Fremark and Niederauer crew. Even more dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            Sitting amongst a bunch Wilbers could be dangerous!
            He was gracious enough to give me his seats for a game a couple years ago.

His surrounding seat-mates aren't to bad...I came away with only a few minor flesh wounds.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              Sorry to steal your thunder here, but I have a question regarding this topic.

If I have extra tickets that may not be used, can I donate them back to State so they can sell them again? Just curious. I got season tickets this year and there will be a game or two I might not be able to make it.
              I am not aware of any ticket exchange options supported by our athletic department or institution. It would be really nice if they could offer something. In fact, without the option to exchange I may have to forgo renewing basketball season tickets next year as I just can't get back for enough games to make it worthwhile for me and there is no way to recover any of the cost through a ticket exchange. I could always list them myself on stubhub and may do so but I'd prefer it if the athletic dept would develop something. Maybe I'm way off base and crazy to suggest it but I think other institutions do offer something.
              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                I am not aware of any ticket exchange options supported by our athletic department or institution. It would be really nice if they could offer something. In fact, without the option to exchange I may have to forgo renewing basketball season tickets next year as I just can't get back for enough games to make it worthwhile for me and there is no way to recover any of the cost through a ticket exchange. I could always list them myself on stubhub and may do so but I'd prefer it if the athletic dept would develop something. Maybe I'm way off base and crazy to suggest it but I think other institutions do offer something.
                Are there athletic departments that have a return policy like that? I was always under the impression that it was a donation back to the athletic department and they resold them for more profit? Maybe I'm wrong.

Also, there is a two year old that is coming with us. Do they need a ticket? What's the age/height, etc cutoff?
                Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by MilwaukeeJacksAlum View Post
                  By the way, a little trivia for you. Josh Ranek officially started his assault on the record books at UC Davis (in '97 I believe?) which was also Coach Stig's first game as the HC. Ryan Miller had 2 big sacks and we knocked of the 6th ranked UC Davis team at the Toooooomb. One of my best memories from my playing days.
                  Coach Stig mentioned this at the meeting last evening but also mentioned the first D1AA game that SDSU lost to the Aggies.The score was 0-52. He said if any one thought that SDSU made a mistake going D1AA, this was the game to base it on. Instead he received many compliments on seeing the 0-52 score on ESPN. Kind of funny now, but it was a very frustrating game to listen two.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Coach Stig mentioned this at the meeting last evening but also mentioned the first D1AA game that SDSU lost to the Aggies.The score was 0-52. He said if any one thought that SDSU made a mistake going D1AA, this was the game to base it on. Instead he received many compliments on seeing the 0-52 score on ESPN. Kind of funny now, but it was a very frustrating game to listen two.
                    Wasn't nelson and many of the starters sick with the flu so barely played or just not ready for the game.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Wasn't nelson and many of the starters sick with the flu so barely played or just not ready for the game.
                      Yeah there might have been some of that, I don't recall. Not being ready for the game might be a better explanation, and Stig was saying this in passing and reflecting how well coached UCDavis is as a program. Biggs has had very little turnover in coaching staff. This is Coach Biggs last season. He is retiring after this season. I would look for a well coached team again this Saturday. Finding mis matches will not come easy.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Just noticed on the Minnesota board that there is a Gopher Ticket Exchange header that appears to have quite a bit of activity with both people looking to both buy and sell tickets.Would that be something that could be done here ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          Just noticed on the Minnesota board that there is a Gopher Ticket Exchange header that appears to have quite a bit of activity with both people looking to both buy and sell tickets.Would that be something that could be done here ?
                          My guess is sdsu would only do so if so if all tickets are sold out and tickets couldn't be bought from the exchange untill all reserved and gen ad tickets have been sold. But could probably work for the big games every year.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I assume that BigTicket is referring to Gopherhole.com not the university website. Most of the larger school boards that I have looked at have a ticket exchange available and would love to see one on SDSUFANS.

Comment

Originally posted by 76Rabbit View Post
                              I assume that BigTicket is referring to Gopherhole.com not the university website. Most of the larger school boards that I have looked at have a ticket exchange available and would love to see one on SDSUFANS.
                              You are correct - sorry for the confusion.

Comment

Working...
                              X