John Flynn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Flynn

The oline coach. I realized I didn't know his name. The way the Oline is playing, I think I probably should. And if anyone else didn't know he is the new addition to the coaching staff that is really teaching those guys and motivating them after the loss of our equally capable Coach Meadows! Very impressive start by that unit, so keep it up!!!!
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Re: John Flynn

I can see immediate impact of his coaching and I think it was a much needed change. Meadows was a good o-line coach, but Flynn seems to have put a much needed attitude in the guys. Keep him as long as we can, because this guy is going places if they keep up this style of play.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
      I can see immediate impact of his coaching and I think it was a much needed change. Meadows was a good o-line coach, but Flynn seems to have put a much needed attitude in the guys. Keep him as long as we can, because this guy is going places if they keep up this style of play.
      Do you think the attitude comes from Coach Flynn's time in the trenches himself? We all know guys that played O-Line are a little bit different :-)
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchEmAll View Post
        Do you think the attitude comes from Coach Flynn's time in the trenches himself? We all know guys that played O-Line are a little bit different :-)
        I starting watching how he did things at the spring game. I could tell by the way he operated, he was going to be good and our players were going to be even better. He has high expectations for the players to perform and do their job. Like all good coaches, he is a great teacher of technique, those techniques are practiced and adopted by the players to the point that they become habit (second nature). Our players don't have "paralysis by analysis" (meaning-their movements are not restricted because they have to think about what they are doing or are supposed to be doing) You are all correct, this guy is good, and he has the respect of the players.

Coach Meadows was very good also. Remember, many of these players were recruited by Coach Meadows! So, both coaches get kudos!!
        Jackolantern

Comment

Originally posted by i_got_a_fever
          This is getting way ahead of things, but just from what I've seen and heard from spring ball, fall ball, sideline presence and game results, this is a guy I'd love see leading the program sometime in the future. Unfortunately I don't think we're going to be able to hang onto him that long.
          The horses cannot see your cart...that far ahead.

Good to know that Coach Flynn has a good reputation already and is well respected. Says a lot for making a good hire.
          I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Working...
          X