UC Davis Aggies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UC Davis Aggies

I started this thread more to ask if anyone knew why this game is at 2:00 and not 6:00?? I would've miss the dang thing if I wouldn't been talking to my brother about him getting tickets for his family that day...I would've bet $100 that it was a 6:00 start, but according to GoJacks.com it's 2:00 pm start time.
    I also didn't want anyone else who was planing to attend to make the same mistake. I can't remember the last home opener that didn't start at 6:00, but then again I've only been a Jackrabbit fan since the D-1 move.

Go Jacks!!
    Last edited by propar80; 09-10-2012, 10:54 AM.
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Re: UC Davis Aggies

Not sure either.....most likely because it's a california school and the travel involved. Aren't we nice? What makes me mad is we lose an hour of tailgating!!!!!!
    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Zenner goes for over 200 again calling it

Comment

The way I hear it, this is a guarantee game - we are paying UC Davis to come - and was part of the contract negotiations. The Cali guys want to get home

Comment

The UC Davis fan board is at http://aggiesportstalk.yuku.com/foru...Aggie-Football.
          It's nice to be able to play an old conference mate. I'm guessing a close SDSU win based upon travel and your running back. There's not much in the way of comparison scores in recent years.

Comment

Another must win if SDSU wants to make the playoffs. You have to win at home. Looking forward to making the trip up to Brookings to see the guys play.
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

I think it has something to do with the Sioux falls airport being closed for construction at some point this weekend?
              Go Big! Go Blue! Go Jacks!

Comment

I wonder if UC-Davis will fly in to Watertown...(working on another banner idea to welcome the Aggies back to SD ).

Comment

In a story in today's Argus Leader, Terry V does a nice job summarizing the outstanding offensive line play even though two of our stellar offensive linemen are still out due to pre-season knee injuries. Not sure this fits in the UC-Davis thread but it's a good story as we approach this weekend's home opener.

The Jackrabbits appear to be on the run again, getting the ground game going early after struggling on that front last fall. And they’re doing so without 40 percent of their starting offensive line.
                  Senior Jon Fick (6-foot-4, 320 pounds) and junior Alex Parker (6-5, 300) have yet to play this season as a result of knee injuries suffered during fall camp that required surgery, and are unlikely to return to the lineup this month. That’s 40 career starts on the sideline.

After opening the story with those facts, TV goes on to point out the number of starts the "replacement" linemen have had. Sure would be nice to have Fick and Parker healthy but the guys playing now have clearly shown they're up to the challenge. Kudos to the offensive line coach too.

Link to the story in today's Argus:
                  http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...spite-injuries

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                    Not sure either.....most likely because it's a california school and the travel involved. Aren't we nice? What makes me mad is we lose an hour of tailgating!!!!!!
                    Well, you can still show up and 5 hours ahead and tailgate I bet. We showed up at least an hour early (meaning an hour before official tailgating start time) every game the last two years and no one stopped us from setting up. We do tailgate in the preferred parking lot though, so that may play into why we haven't been restricted. And by that I mean its possible no one is really monitoring for early tailgating in that lot.
                    "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                    "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Is this game televised locally? Work is going to keep me from driving up and I'd love to not be glued to the radio for a third consecutive Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        Is this game televised locally? Work is going to keep me from driving up and I'd love to not be glued to the radio for a third consecutive Saturday.
                        It will be on Midco Sports Network

http://www.midcosportsnet.com/schedu...09%2F15%2F2012

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                          I wonder if UC-Davis will fly in to Watertown...(working on another banner idea to welcome the Aggies back to SD ).
                          This coming weekend is the last weekend for the SF airport closure, so I imagine UC Davis is flying into/out of Watertown. Or maybe MSP?

http://www.sfairport.com/runway.php
                          LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by GoAgs72 View Post
                            The UC Davis fan board is at http://aggiesportstalk.yuku.com/foru...Aggie-Football.
                            It's nice to be able to play an old conference mate. I'm guessing a close SDSU win based upon travel and your running back. There's not much in the way of comparison scores in recent years.
                            Thanks GoAgs, the look-a-like thread is funny, I couldn't stop laughing at the RC Kilgore pick.

http://aggiesportstalk.yuku.com/topi...s#.UE9C4K5s_fs

I'm glad you guys are impressed with our Oline size, as commented on your Gameday thread.....keep in mind two of our starters have been hurt, and they still won't play this weekend. So once they get back, I imagine Zenner will run for something like 500 yds a game, give or take For now we'll settle for 200 or so.......should be a great game. I plan to be there with bells on, and by bells, I mean drunk.
                            With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by propar80 View Post
                              I started this thread more to ask if anyone knew why this game is at 2:00 and not 6:00?? I would've miss the dang thing if I wouldn't been talking to my brother about him getting tickets for his family that day...I would've bet $100 that it was a 6:00 start, but according to GoJacks.com it's 2:00 pm start time.
                              I also didn't want anyone else who was planing to attend to make the same mistake. I can't remember the last home opener that didn't start at 6:00, but then again I've only been a Jackrabbit fan since the D-1 move.

Go Jacks!!
                              I believe, as stated by another poster on this thread, that it was a request by UC-Davis to play the game earlier so they could fly out after. This is only speculation and could be entirely false as the source is not close to the athletic department. I am hoping to escape from rounds early and be in the tailgate lot by 10 am.

Jackrabbits need to establish dominance on both lines. With another week of practice and Sumner healthy the passing game should be coming around. We'll miss AR but the other WR's are more than capable. I'm looking for a relatively comfortable margin of victory for the home opener.
                              We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Working...
                              X