TV Canceled For Tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV Canceled For Tomorrow

Just wanted to let Jackrabbits fans know that our game tomorrow WILL NOT be televised as scheduled due to the threat of rain ... I know many of you were planning on watching via webstream. I personally think it's ridiculous given only a 30% chance, but The Southeastern Channel has network broadcast quality equipment and they don't like taking chances ... plus they have quite a few students involved in the production and don't want to expose camera operators to the elements, especially if there's lightning in the area, which is a possibility.

Re: TV Canceled For Tomorrow

Originally posted by royallion05 View Post
    Just wanted to let Jackrabbits fans know that our game tomorrow WILL NOT be televised as scheduled due to the threat of rain ... I know many of you were planning on watching via webstream. I personally think it's ridiculous given only a 30% chance, but The Southeastern Channel has network broadcast quality equipment and they don't like taking chances ... plus they have quite a few students involved in the production and don't want to expose camera operators to the elements, especially if there's lightning in the area, which is a possibility.
    This really blows....
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      This really blows....
      I agree. Then again, I'm not in position to have to make a call like that, especially when it involves students and equipment. Oh well.

Comment

Any chance there could be a change of heart if weather improves?

Comment

Originally posted by pepbandalum View Post
          Any chance there could be a change of heart if weather improves?
          Highly doubtful given the time it takes to set up ... it's not a fly-by-night operation by any stretch. Plus they've already canceled and my guess is some of the students involved have already gone home for the weekend.

I know, I know ... why would you go home when there's a home football game on campus??? That's a story for another day, but we've been battling that element for years. That said, we're still expecting a good student turnout, even going head-to-head with LSU who is playing at home at the same time. Should be a good atmosphere at "The Berry!"

Comment

Thanks for letting us know, royallion05. That's a bummer, but understandable given the circumstances.
            Holy nutmeg!

Comment

It's still the right thing to do.....no sense risking any one's safety.....Tyler and TV will just have to be on the top of their game to keep us all informed.....
              With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
              X