Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Field Advantage? CAS and ND Stadium Similarities

http://www.southbendtribune.com/spor...,2286185.story

Sound familiar? I haven't personally experienced it at CAS, but I believe others on this board have.

Re: Home Field Advantage? CAS and ND Stadium Similarities

Ive been to 6 Irish games in the last 10 years. The last time was 3 yrs ago when they played USC. Our seats were in the end zone about half way up. People in front of us were standing so we stood. People behind us were telling us to sit down but if we did, we wouldnt be able to see. It got really heated. In the end, we stood the whole game and quite a few behind us sat the whole game. If you want to go to a college football game, you better be prepared to stand. Its never happened to me at CAS.

Comment

Originally posted by TK22867 View Post
      http://www.southbendtribune.com/spor...,2286185.story

Sound familiar? I haven't personally experienced it at CAS, but I believe others on this board have.
      Last year was alright......we moved over to D, and I think a lot of the more vocal people did as well.......
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Sounds plenty familiar. It's a football game. Cheering, even raucous cheering, should be expected. That involves standing, sometimes for long periods of time. It doesn't include drunken behavior. It doesn't include unacceptable language. It doesn't include disrespecting your neighbors. But standing and cheering and being appropriately loud and supportive of your team is not disrespectful of your neighbor. Are there circimstances when you might have to extend extra respect? Yes. If you're near a couple and they are 90, well, the right thing to do would be to extend extra courtesy. But generally, go and cheer and hope you're near others who understand that's protocol at a football game.
        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
          Sounds plenty familiar. It's a football game. Cheering, even raucous cheering, should be expected. That involves standing, sometimes for long periods of time. It doesn't include drunken behavior. It doesn't include unacceptable language. It doesn't include disrespecting your neighbors. But standing and cheering and being appropriately loud and supportive of your team is not disrespectful of your neighbor. Are there circimstances when you might have to extend extra respect? Yes. If you're near a couple and they are 90, well, the right thing to do would be to extend extra courtesy. But generally, go and cheer and hope you're near others who understand that's protocol at a football game.
          Well said- rep points!

Comment

Working...
          X