SDSU Program Thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU Program Thoughts

I have been quietly reading most of what you have all had to say the past 3 years without any reply or comment. I just want to give you all a few thoughts from the outside. I am not from SD:

You are all somewhat crazy (you have to be crazy to be a fan/ fanatic)
    SDSU has a very ethical, committed, hard working, and experienced coaching staff, not perfect, but don't have to be to run a good football program.
    SDSU has got some very talented, committed, and academically aggressive players, who will leave Brookings SD way better people than when they walked in the door. That is hard to find.
    This will be my 24th straight game in attendance this weekend. I have attended all of the past 4 guaranteed games, (Minnesota, Nebraska, Illinois, KU) and from what I saw in Lawrence, we have a lot to look forward to this year. There were a lot of positives to build on. This will be a very good season, if we can stay healthy.
    Don't lose faith in our players, they are not perfect, don't be so quick to throw them under the bus for a mistake, they are the same players you high five when they make plays to win us games.
    Last thought: I am not sure how some of you get any work done, considering all the time you spend on here. You must all own your own businesses. (I've got to go, my boss just walked in)

Go Jacks!
    Last edited by jackolantern; 09-05-2012, 10:24 PM.
    Jackolantern

Re: SDSU Program Thoughts

Can't argue with anything you have said...welcome to the nut house

Comment

Originally posted by jackolantern View Post
      I have been quietly reading most of what you have all had to say the past 3 years without any reply or comment. I just want to give you all a few thoughts from the outside. I am not from SD:

SDSU has a very ethical, committed, hard working, and experienced coaching staff, not perfect, but don't have to be to run a good football program.
      SDSU has got some very talented, committed, and academically aggressive players, who will leave Brookings SD way better people than when they walked in the door. That is hard to find.
      This will be my 24th straight game in attendance this weekend. I have attended all of the past 4 guaranteed games, (Minnesota, Nebraska, Illinois, KU) and from what I saw in Lawrence, we have a lot to look forward to this year. There were a lot of positives to build on. This will be a very good season, if we can stay healthy.
      Don't lose faith in our players, they are not perfect, don't be so quick to throw them under the bus for a mistake, they are the same players you high five when they make plays to win us games.
      Last thought: I am not sure how some of you get any work done, considering all the time you spend on here. You must all own your own businesses. (I've got to go, my boss just walked in)

Go Jacks!

I am retired, but still have a boss, the lady who lives with me. Yes we are living in sin, and she does not like Jackrabbit football. Also you can set your options to be always logged in. That I do. And that explains my appearence of always being on the board.

You seem to be a very good fan and made all the guarenteed games, something I have not done. The other points are well taken. Contrast our program with NDSU right now, we do have a great program and athletes leave Brookings better people than when they came.

Coach Stig is a very moral individual and he is not ashamed of it.

Comment

Go Jacks!
        Great post. I would not disagree with anything you said. I played at SDSU in the early 90's, and I would agree with you that this is a very ethical program. Coach Stig is one of the truly good people in this world, and he cares about the young men he is responsible for. I believe for the most part, the players that go through the program and proud to have played at SDSU, and are better people for it.

Have a great time at the game. Please post again soon.

Go Jacks!

Comment

Very good post! My same thoughts.

Comment

Go Jacks!
            But, but, but, but, but... Oh, the heck with it. Nothing to argue there! Welcome to the Boards! Hopefully we won't corrupt you. We all share a passion for wanting all of the SDSU teams to succeed in every way.

SUPERBUNNY
            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

"You don't have to be crazy to post here . . . but it helps!"
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

This board is quite tame compared to others schools' message boards.
                If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                - Steven Wright

Comment

I think that this is what makes being a fan of SDSU so great. We have had athletic success and you can be pretty sure that most of the young people involved in the programs are good people and certainly they are being shaped in a positive way by our coaching staffs. I am always excited to brag about the coaches of the premier programs at SDSU, particularly coach Stig, because I know him to be a good coach and a great man. He isn't the very best coach in the world, and there are occassionally a few things that make you shake your head, but you can absolutely count on the fact that coach Stig and his staff go about the business of football with integrity and class. That goes a long way in my book. Now they have to win football games as well, and I agree with you that I think this will be a good season for the Jackrabbits.

I can't wait to see this team in person.
                  The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

Comment

Working...
                  X