Southeastern Louisanna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southeastern Louisanna

How many fans are making their way down south, anybody know?
    Jackolantern

Re: Southeastern Louisanna

Originally posted by jackolantern View Post
    How many fans are making their way down south, anybody know?
    43 are signed up for the SDSU tailgate

http://www.statealum.com/s/1108/inde...=2864&fid=2863

Comment

A quick video taken from SDSU Jackrabbit Nation Facebook page:

<object width="960" height="540"><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true"></param><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/989260163259"></param><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/989260163259" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="1" width="960" height="540"></embed></object>

Comment

Well that did not work very well.... Here's the link:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=989260163259

Comment

I understand the team is riding a bus to Watertown to board their charter flight (Sioux Falls runway closed for construction?). Anyone know when the team will arrive in Watertown? I'm thinking maybe hanging a banner welcoming them to the lake City...even a "Sumner's really a Watertown guy"* might be in order. [All Sumners originally hailed from the Florence area...Watertown is a suburb of Florence. Austin's dad, Joe, was a standout athlete at Watertown.]

*and in good company, too: recent record-setting SDSU quarterbacks Dan Fjeldheim and Ryan Berry: Watertown Arrows. More trivia: Watertown's Mayor, Gary Williams, was a college roommate of Pres. David Chicoine.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
            I understand the team is riding a bus to Watertown to board their charter flight (Sioux Falls runway closed for construction?). Anyone know when the team will arrive in Watertown? I'm thinking maybe hanging a banner welcoming them to the lake City...even a "Sumner's really a Watertown guy"* might be in order. [All Sumners originally hailed from the Florence area...Watertown is a suburb of Florence. Austin's dad, Joe, was a standout athlete at Watertown.]

*and in good company, too: recent record-setting SDSU quarterbacks Dan Fjeldheim and Ryan Berry: Watertown Arrows. More trivia: Watertown's Mayor, Gary Williams, was a college roommate of Pres. David Chicoine.
            The flight usually leaves about 9AM, so they'll probably get there about 8:15-8:30. Patrick Schuster, RFr, is a Watertown guy, not sure he travels though. It's 3 busses, not like the old days when you had 1 bus pulling a U-Haul trailer with equipment.
            Go Big, Go Blue, Go Jacks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SDSU16 View Post
              The flight usually leaves about 9AM, so they'll probably get there about 8:15-8:30. Patrick Schuster, RFr, is a Watertown guy, not sure he travels though. It's 3 busses, not like the old days when you had 1 bus pulling a U-Haul trailer with equipment.
              He traveled to Kansas. I would assume he'd travel to LA with Kilgore and Jelsma dinged up.
              "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

I'll be smoking a beef shoulder and listening on WNAX. We need to go down there and throttle these guys. Its a must win even though I hate admitting that. With NDSU, UNI, Youngstown and Indiana St all highly likely to get 7 wins we need 7 as well.
                We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                  I'll be smoking a beef shoulder and listening on WNAX. We need to go down there and throttle these guys. Its a must win even though I hate admitting that. With NDSU, UNI, Youngstown and Indiana St all highly likely to get 7 wins we need 7 as well.
                  I don't think you are far off jackmd......a loss here would definitely take some time to overcome the rest of the year. A win, then a win against UC Davis and on to Terre Haute. It's really going to be a nail biter early in the season. If we come out of this early 4 game stretch 3-1, the boys will make it to the promised land. I don't think 2-2 will cut it. Starting to over think the season already, and they've only played one game.
                  With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

It's amazing how important this week two non-conference game is to SDSU's postseason chances. See BCS fans, having a playoff system does not necessarily devalue regular season games.

On a side note: Are there any true fans of the BCS system out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      It's amazing how important this week two non-conference game is to SDSU's postseason chances. See BCS fans, having a playoff system does not necessarily devalue regular season games.

On a side note: Are there any true fans of the BCS system out there?
                      We're in the same boat as well ... this is one of the few years where we have an all D-I schedule, including two FBS (one winnable in UAB), so every game is essentially a conference game as far as getting an at-large berth is concerned. Whoever said a playoff cheapens the regular season doesn't know what they're talking about.

Comment

I will be there with a friend from work. The wife and newborn are staying home (NW FL), but will be cheering in spirit!

Comment

Originally posted by royallion05 View Post
                          We're in the same boat as well ... this is one of the few years where we have an all D-I schedule, including two FBS (one winnable in UAB), so every game is essentially a conference game as far as getting an at-large berth is concerned. Whoever said a playoff cheapens the regular season doesn't know what they're talking about.
                          Agreed every game is even more important, just to make the playoffs. Then if you get in it's a new season, but one loss sends you packing.
                          With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Working...
                          X