X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eric Kline first start

TV in the Argus on Kline's first start today at Kansas:
    http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...e-start-Kansas

LAWRENCE, KAN. — It seems wrong at this point to call South Dakota State vs. Kansas a guarantee game – there are far too many unknowns.
    Things got even murkier Friday when coach John Stiegelmeier said after a rainy walk-through that standout quarterback and team captain Austin Sumner would not play or be in uniform tonight due to a throwing-hand injury sustained last week at practice. Instead, redshirt freshman Eric Kline will get the start, making his college debut in 50,071-seat Memorial Stadium against a Kansas club that has new coaches, fresh schemes and five transfers in its starting lineup.
    The 6-foot-4, 210-pound Twin Cities native has been outwardly relaxed throughout the week, even as those surrounding him slowly switched into game mode. That’s one of the things the coaches like about him – his leadership and energy.

I like Kline...he was recruited for a reason; he was the top Minneosta quarterback playing against big-school competition every week. Wish we had the more experienced Sumner but this is a classic setup for a breakout game that gets the Jacks excited (and stuns the Jayhawks).

Re: Eric Kline first start

Kind of mixed emotions about Sumner being ruled out and Kline getting the start. Really thought this was good opportunity to get our first FBS/BCS win, but that becomes less likely without Austin. However, I am interest to see Kline play, so maybe he'll show why he's been getting good reviews from the coaching staff.

Regardless of the QB, I still think the Jacks chance of winning this game lies with the way the Jack's lines plays on both sides of the ball. If we can run the ball and stop the run, we'll have a chance. I just felt there was more room for error from these units before Sumner got hurt.
    If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
    - Steven Wright

Comment

Oh, what the heck. I hope a new SDSU legend is born today in Eric Kline! Not pro-Kline or anti-Sumner. Just want the kid to play well and would love to get a win. To do it, we need some good quarterback play.

Excited to kick 2012 off!

GB, GB, GJ!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Good Luck Eric, we hope the best for you.

Comment

Working...
        X