Lamer returns to coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamer returns to coach

Jackrabbit wrestling great Chad Lamer returns as a volunteer assistant coach...here's the story from GoJacks.com:

The South Dakota State wrestling team and head coach Chris Bono announced former Jackrabbit standout Chad Lamer as volunteer assistant...

As a collegiate athlete, Lamer was a four-time All-American and won three consecutive national titles at the Division II level for SDSU in 1994, 1995 and 1996. He won back-to-back titles at 177 pounds before claiming his final title at 190 pounds.

Lamer completed his collegiate career with a pair of North Central Conference titles and a 132-30-2 overall record. He posted the best single-season record in SDSU history with a 40-2 record during the 1995-96 season.
    After his collegiate career, Lamer competed nationally and internationally as a member of the Hawkeye Wrestling Club. He earned a University World Freestyle Championship in the 97-kilogram weight class, placed third at the U.S. National Freestyle Championships and fourth at the U.S. Olympic Freestyle Trials. Lamer also competed as a member of the U.S. National Freestyle Team, placing second at both the U.S. National Freestyle Championships and the U.S. World Freestyle Trials at 96-kilograms.

Lamer served as volunteer assistant at SDSU from 2006-2009 and, most recently, at Oregon State.
    "This is an exciting time for SDSU wrestling with Chris Bono coming to Brookings and I am looking forward to being a part of it," Lamer said. "Chris does not know anything but success when it comes to wrestling and I know he will provide that enthusiasm and positive attitude to make the Jackrabbits a top program in the country. I have known Chris for 14 years and have never seen anything but complete determination and an endless work ethic to be the best. I am honored that he asked me to join and be a part of this great staff he has put together. I learned a lot last year after returning to collegiate coaching and I am looking forward to the 2012-13 season."

Lamer was inducted into the Division II Wrestling Hall of Fame in 2004.

(I didn't get concerned about a copyright violation with the above taken from GoJacks.com...but, if interested, here's the link: http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...B_OEM_ID=15000

Re: Lamer returns to coach

This is very good news for the program. Having Lamer around keeps the strong SD connection and is a legend.

Comment

Why would he come back as a volunteer? It's great but what does he do to make it financially alright? Anyone know?
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

He's a chiropractor.
        I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
          He's a chiropractor.
          There you go.

Comment

This is very good news. In high school, we had doctor that wrestled at UNL when he was younger that practiced with us a couple times a week. It kept him in shape and he could offer pointers here and there and it raised the level of wrestling in the room.
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Chad was a volunteer assistant for the Jacks when he was a chiropractor in Brookings, before he left to go to Oregon. He's returning "home" and will be great to have him assisting the SDSU program! He is a winner.

Comment

This is exccellent news for the Jackrabbit wrestling program for a number of reasons. However, its even better news for the Brookings high school wrestling program. Chad and wife have about 5 young boys who will all have and impact on the high school program and maybe even the Jacks down the road. Welcome back to the Lamer family.

GBGBGJ

Originally posted by Jacks#1Fan View Post
                Chad was a volunteer assistant for the Jacks when he was a chiropractor in Brookings, before he left to go to Oregon. He's returning "home" and will be great to have him assisting the SDSU program! He is a winner.

Comment

Working...
                X