Argus Link?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Argus Link?

Below was a link to Mick Garry's blog on the Argus' website. When I clicked on the link it didn't go anywhere, but this was word for word on the Argus' sports main page. Pup fans are jealous.

Mick Garry's Blog
    How come you do not cover the Coyotes with the same enthusiasm as Terry does for the Jacks. Maybe its time to have someone else take over the beat for the Yotes.
    August 8, 2012 7:14

Re: Argus Link?

I was wondering about that too.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      Below was a link to Mick Garry's blog on the Argus' website. When I clicked on the link it didn't go anywhere, but this was word for word on the Argus' sports main page. Pup fans are jealous.

Mick Garry's Blog
      How come you do not cover the Coyotes with the same enthusiasm as Terry does for the Jacks. Maybe its time to have someone else take over the beat for the Yotes.
      August 8, 2012 7:14
      Ouch. I like Mick, he has a good dry sense of humor about him. He also is a little bit older than TV. TV has embraced technology(because he's a younger guy and it's probably a little more intuitive for him), while Mick has went along with it but definitely at a slower pace. I think losing Mick would be a bad idea for the 'yote fans. A big difference is TV came in as a D1 beat reporter, Mick has always covered the yotes and maybe just doesn't see the difference in their transition yet. In chats TV is a little more patient with the endless parade of the same question, I think Mick's patience wears thin with the same dumb questions(whcih 'yote fans are full of ) Youthful enthusiasm vs. a little more of a veteran writer mentality, maybe?
      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

I think it seems like Terry has a post in the Argus every other day if not every day. terry's blog never gets more than a couple days old. Mick's blog might have a week or so in between posts. I could be wrong about this because I haven't looked closely but this is how it seems to me. I do like Mick's interviews with incoming recruits and other stuff that Terry doesn't do too though.

Comment

Terry Vandrovec is an entrepreneur...and his addition to the Argus sports staff changed the whole sports news room. Terry hunts for stories, visualizes possible stories, works hard at providing continuing content for his beat school, and was the forerunner on use of social media by the sports department's reporters. That is all just a plain and simple fact. It doesn't demean Mick Garry, who is a veteran reporter, and probably reflects the "norm" for most of his years at the Argus. In interest of transparency, I was a daily sports editor 50 years ago (OMG...how old is this guy). Anyway, while I was proud of some pioneering things we did in our much smaller department (me and some high school part-timers), at a much smaller newspaper, we were pretty much traditionalists of the time. TV has transformed beat writing at the Argus, and Jack fans should jump for joy that it was the SDSU beat that was open when he moved from Fargo.

Comment

I like Mick Garry, very much.

That said, I'm glad Terry is our team's beat writer. He's special. We're lucky to have him.

Comment

I'm probably wrong, but it seems like Mick does more high school stuff, or other local sports stuff. Seems like he'll write a Twins article or 2 and write an article about golf or some other things. I know Terry does some high school, and maybe its just because Mick doesn't blog as much or the game against Western Detroit Community College doesn't get as much attention as a game against Iowa. Just what I kinda thought of it. I don't think that means Mick is a bad reporter or a bad beat guy. I just think Terry is better at getting his stories out there.

Comment

Working...
              X