Fall Camp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fall Camp

Does anyone know when the team will be reporting? It has to be fairly soon with a 9/1/2012 opener.

Re: Fall Camp

Next weekend camp will open 8-4-2012

Comment

Per TV on twitter:

"Redshirt junior RB Mason Winterboer, a Brookings High grad, quit the SDSU football team. Increases odds of a true frosh being the 4th RB."
      We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Too bad, I really liked the brand of football winterboer played...I'm sure he did it for a number of reasons. BUT, as a fan I always want to know why..was Gandy already ahead of him on the depth chart coming into Fall camp? If so, I can see why he would may have feel slighted, that may not be it at all... Just inquiring if anyone had knowledge or heard rumors...Gandy apparently is for real so I figured this was a practical and probable reason.

Comment

I remember he came out of spring ball in 2011 and they talked about how hard he worked and that he would challenge in the fall for a starting spot and then he only carried the ball one time - for 15 yards and never got in again. I thought at the time it was funny since our running game was so bad last year. Why not give the kid a chance. Oh well. I hope we can run the ball this season or it could be a long year

Comment

Terry posted his Fall Camp Primer on his blog today.

Couple thoughts:

1) I really hope the coaching staff decides to give Zenner the majority of the reps and RB and if Gandy proves to be a better runner than Kool (or Zenner) then I hope he gets the playing time right away. None of this crap from last year where more talented players toil away on the bench.

2) Am I the only one that reads R.C. Kilgore's name and immediately thinks of Kurt Vonnegut?
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
              2) Am I the only one that reads R.C. Kilgore's name and immediately thinks of Kurt Vonnegut?
              This may very well be the case.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Couple thoughts:

1) I really hope the coaching staff decides to give Zenner the majority of the reps and RB and if Gandy proves to be a better runner than Kool (or Zenner) then I hope he gets the playing time right away. None of this crap from last year where more talented players toil away on the bench.

fight club read it... I think more of J.R tolkien versus vonnegut though

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
                  fight club read it... I think more of J.R tolkien versus vonnegut though
                  Fight Club was Chuck Palahniuk, who is also pretty good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilgore_Trout

Comment

Couple thoughts:

Zenner and Gandy are 1-2 coming into fall camp according to my sources. Kool will primarily be used at receiver. I'm operating under the assumption that Mason was told he wouldn't have a large role. Again only an assumption.
                    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      Zenner and Gandy are 1-2 coming into fall camp according to my sources. Kool will primarily be used at receiver.
                      This, I like.

Comment

This, I like.
                        Yep, Kool is back at wideout.
                        "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                        "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                          Yep, Kool is back at wideout.
                          Tyrel tweeted confirmation of this late last night. I believe this is a good thing as well.

Comment

Happy to hear Kool is moving back to receiver, as I feel his skill set is better suited for that position. If he can shake off the rust and pick up where he left off 2 seasons ago, we might have one heck of a passing attack.
                            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                            - Steven Wright

Comment

I had heard this move was coming. Also had heard that the gap between No. 1 and No. 2 RBs is wide, if not cavernous, making the loss of depth Winterboer provided a bit concerning.
                              @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                              --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

Working...
                              X