Single game tickets on sale soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single game tickets on sale soon.

Season ticket holders will get the first crack at single game tickets beginning July 16th. I know of more than 1 business in Yankton that intends to buy a single season ticket and than 100 plus tickets for the USD game and then arrange a bus trip up to Brookings for the game.

In the past I have purchased a large number of extra tickets for marquee games and distributed them to friends and family that don't already have season tickets. This may be a good idea for others.
    We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Re: Single game tickets on sale soon.

Why would State allow people to buy one season ticket and then purchase that many? I'm assuming those businesses are USD fans? You'd think there would be a cap. For instance, 2 extra tickets per 1 season ticket with only exceptions for those that have had them for years and the athletic department knows well.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Basically, I'd be really pissed off if this happened and there were a bunch of State fans that couldn't get in.
      Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
        Basically, I'd be really pissed off if this happened and there were a bunch of State fans that couldn't get in.
        Will all adult tickets be $40 each? Seems a little high, but I would have no problem paying that much provided I get a seat in the existing grandstands on either side of the field. Not sure if I would pay $40 for endzone seats, additional bleachers or standing room. Are all grandstand seats sold on a reserved seating basis or are some on general admission and first come basis?
        USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
          Will all adult tickets be $40 each? Seems a little high, but I would have no problem paying that much provided I get a seat in the existing grandstands on either side of the field. Not sure if I would pay $40 for endzone seats, additional bleachers or standing room. Are all grandstand seats sold on a reserved seating basis or are some on general admission and first come basis?
          All grandstand seats are sold as reserved. Endzone seats were standing room and may have been $5 less last year, I am not sure. I really don't know what they'll do as far as student admission and non-adult tickets. I expect an assigned seat will cost $40 regardless of what age butt is in it.

ADDENDUM: I read the release and there will be "kids" tickets for $15.

My advice, buy season tickets now.
          Last edited by jackmd; 07-06-2012, 03:26 PM.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

Comment

Why would State allow people to buy one season ticket and then purchase that many? I'm assuming those businesses are USD fans? You'd think there would be a cap. For instance, 2 extra tickets per 1 season ticket with only exceptions for those that have had them for years and the athletic department knows well.
            They could raise the donation level but that might back fire. For the ticket staff to find those Coyoteland businesses who are up to no good, would involved loyality tests and oaths something no one wants to be part of or they would have hire undercover agents, which is also ridiculous. I happy that Yankton and Vermillion business and fans have this much interest in the game. Its something the Ticket people have no control over.

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
              Not really when Yankton business's want to buy tickets for the cold November outing, money is no object. I would find out what business that feels generous and are buying up the tickets. It might be wise to get in line for a free ride and free ticket to Beautiful Brookings.
              Last edited by Nidaros; 07-06-2012, 08:40 PM.

Comment

I may have overestimated the number of tickets they are interested in, sounds like it will be 50-100. Reason isn't just to get Coyote fans to the game. I like that they are motivated to bring fans to Brookings and welcome the diversity they might bring to CAS.

Comment

A packed house for a game in November? I think that would be welcome no matter the color worn by the fans.
                  You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

it's a real simple answer. $$$$$MONEY$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                      All grandstand seats are sold as reserved. Endzone seats were standing room and may have been $5 less last year, I am not sure. I really don't know what they'll do as far as student admission and non-adult tickets. I expect an assigned seat will cost $40 regardless of what age butt is in it.

ADDENDUM: I read the release and there will be "kids" tickets for $15.

My advice, buy season tickets now.
                      My kids sit in my lap or share a seat usually. they will be 5 and 6, the oldest will be a Junior Jack and get in to all games free. So, Hareball, you can sign your kids up to be Junior Jacks then they get in to all the games free. It actually would be a pretty good savings for you and they get a nice Blue and Yellow tshirt.
                      With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Just curious is other season ticket holders will be buying extra tickets on Monday for the USD game. I have 16 extra tickets so far and am waiting to hear from a couple other people. The more extra we buy, the less red we'll see.

Comment

Season ticket holders can start buying single-game tickets on Monday, July 16. For general public, they go on sale August 1.

There's no purchase limit on the number of single-game tickets.

Comment

There's a rumor going around that State didn't give USD any allotment of tickets for the game up in Brookings this year. Anyone know if this is true?

Also, how many does State typically give to other teams?

Comment

There's a rumor going around that State didn't give USD any allotment of tickets for the game up in Brookings this year. Anyone know if this is true?

Also, how many does State typically give to other teams?
                              It would seem likely that there would be a conference rule that the visiting team receives a certain number of tickets.

Comment

Working...
                              X