PDA

View Full Version : Backyard Tailgating

KUlawJack
06-21-2012, 03:58 PM
Anyone have any insight on who I need to contact to discuss getting a reserved spot in the Backyard? My group has been tailgating in the priority lot, but we are considering a move to the Backyard. I already tried gojacks.com with very little success. Any information is appreciated.

LakeJack
06-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Anyone have any insight on who I need to contact to discuss getting a reserved spot in the Backyard? My group has been tailgating in the priority lot, but we are considering a move to the Backyard. I already tried gojacks.com with very little success. Any information is appreciated.

Christi Williams in the Ticker Office

goon
06-22-2012, 07:23 AM
Christi Williams in the Ticker Office

That's the ticket.

SDSUAlum08
06-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Anyone have any insight on who I need to contact to discuss getting a reserved spot in the Backyard? My group has been tailgating in the priority lot, but we are considering a move to the Backyard. I already tried gojacks.com with very little success. Any information is appreciated.I find it very weird you can't find that contact information in the tailgating section. I looked for it too. You should tell them that when you talk to them.

KUlawJack
06-22-2012, 12:48 PM
I find it very weird you can't find that contact information in the tailgating section. I looked for it too. You should tell them that when you talk to them.

Will do. Good suggestion.

SDSUAlum08
07-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Anyone know where you can find some good tailgating stuff for the football games? I'm trying to find a canopy tent for the games. They need to add a tailgating section in their online store. There's not much there.

mmiller_34
07-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Anyone know where you can find some good tailgating stuff for the football games? I'm trying to find a canopy tent for the games. They need to add a tailgating section in their online store. There's not much there.

Did a quick search. I found a pretty cool site where you can make a customizable tent for tailgating.

Tent stuff here: <link of stupid company removed>

Random Jackrabbit Gear here: http://sdsufans.com/board/showthread.php?8945-Jackrabbit-gear-on-the-web!! <link of stupid company removed>

SDSUAlum08
07-03-2012, 08:33 PM
Did a quick search. I found a pretty cool site where you can make a customizable tent for tailgating.

Tent stuff here: <link of stupid company removed>

Is that legal to do without SDSU's permission? I'd do it as long as I didn't get in trouble for it.

Chains
07-04-2012, 05:35 PM
Is that legal to do without SDSU's permission? I'd do it as long as I didn't get in trouble for it.

Tailgating will be interesting this year. First the entire north part of the lot is still unusable. Piles of black dirt and I thin the trees on the north side are scheduled to come out yet this summer? The construction or destruction in the north lot will affect 8 or 10 spots. If you currently have a spot you better hold onto it. It will be a mud pie if it rains.

GBGBGJ

yoteforever
07-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Is that legal to do without SDSU's permission? I'd do it as long as I didn't get in trouble for it. I promise I won't tell on you.

89rabbit
07-05-2012, 09:09 AM
Any company that wants to put SDSU's logo on their product (be it a tent, t-shirt, key chain, or whaterve) has to be a licensed vendor and pay SDSU royalties. They also must get their product and design approved by SDSU. If they don't the company mfg. the product is the one that will be in trouble.

Go State! :)

89rabbit
07-05-2012, 09:13 AM
P.S. The bookstore sells yellow and blue Jackrabbit pop-up tents with the Jackrabbit on them (the Alumni Association has two), and looking at that web site I would guess they are not a licensed vendor so they will not be able to put a logo on their tents.

Go State! :)

filbert
02-20-2014, 01:26 PM
I have been informed via e-mail by someone from buyshade.com that they don't appreciate having their business linked here . . . some drivel about "unnatural links" driving down their Google ratings.

Apparently they don't want your business.

I'm extremely tempted in order to allow them to continue in their apparently uncomfortable lesson in trusting Google to manage their corporate reputation.

But I'll be (relatively) nice. This time.

RabbitObsessed
02-20-2014, 01:36 PM
I have been informed via e-mail by someone from buyshade.com that they don't appreciate having their business linked here . . . some drivel about "unnatural links" driving down their Google ratings.

I'm extremely tempted in order to allow them to continue in their apparently uncomfortable lesson in trusting Google to manage their corporate reputation.

So (let me see if I'm getting this) they would rather not have word spread about their company to people that would be interested in their products? Because it was linked here? Seems like a good policy.

goon
02-20-2014, 01:50 PM
So (let me see if I'm getting this) they would rather not have word spread about their company to people that would be interested in their products? Because it was linked here? Seems like a good policy.

Yeah i was just thinking that too. Most businesses I would think would like to get the free word of mouth.

ringthebells
02-20-2014, 02:03 PM

Does Google reward them with a higher rating if their clicks come from a Google search? If so, I would have to wonder what's more important, the Google rating or selling more products.

goon
02-20-2014, 02:10 PM
Does Google reward them with a higher rating if their clicks come from a Google search? If so, I would have to wonder what's more important, the Google rating or selling more products.

Well not gonna knock um to much for caring about the reputation according to google. Not sure how it would affect it but most business cares about its reputation.........obviously.

jackmd
02-20-2014, 04:11 PM
F them. Now researching ways to......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ringthebells
02-20-2014, 08:52 PM
Well not gonna knock um to much for caring about the reputation according to google. Not sure how it would affect it but most business cares about its reputation.........obviously.

How did businesses ever survive before Google? Oh that's right, they sold their stuff. Seriously, you'd turn away customers in a tailgating thread, the perfect demographic for your goods, just to appease your advertising in hopes of attracting those same tailgating customers.

goon
02-21-2014, 12:04 AM
How did businesses ever survive before Google? Oh that's right, they sold their stuff. Seriously, you'd turn away customers in a tailgating thread, the perfect demographic for your goods, just to appease your advertising in hopes of attracting those same tailgating customers.

I'm not argeeing with them. Seems silly to me. I just get the overall big picture of a business caring about its reputation.

mmiller_34
02-22-2014, 08:23 AM

I'm so glad I posted that link now.

jackrabit1
02-22-2014, 11:07 AM
I'm half-tempted to ask for their link so I can post them on my Facebook page... just to tick them off. What a bunch of yahoos.

filbert
02-22-2014, 08:33 PM
I'm so glad I posted that link now.

Not your mistake. Not really even the tentmaker's fault really, except as I noted their trusting the judgment of the likes of Google in regards to their online reputation. Google is the instigator here. "Don't Be Evil" my ass.

(Of course, in a truly just world, I would have suffered some kind actual damage as a result of this, giving rise to a cause of action against what could be construed as Google's defamation of this site. Google's got really, really, really "deep pockets.")