• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon Mohr Transferring to Augustana

Per Stu Whitney's twitter Brandon Mohr is transferring to Augustana

Re: Brandon Mohr Transferring to Augustana

Originally posted by sdjackfan40 View Post
    Per Stu Whitney's twitter Brandon Mohr is transferring to Augustana
    How much of a loss is this to SDSU in terms of talent? I see he had a great career at Washington High in Sioux Falls. Apparently he has his reasons for transferring. I just wondering what kind of a spring did he have and do we have better talent at LB that force Mohr to transfer?

Comment

The answer seems apparent. News accounts said Mohr's transfer was a matter of playing time. In May, the Jacks added to its linebacker depth by signing juco Kevin Klocek. I would have liked to see Mohr stick with SDSU, but I understand the desire to play sooner rather than later.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
        The answer seems apparent. News accounts said Mohr's transfer was a matter of playing time. In May, the Jacks added to its linebacker depth by signing juco Kevin Klocek. I would have liked to see Mohr stick with SDSU, but I understand the desire to play sooner rather than later.
        If it was any other position, even QB, I'd be really upset. SDSU has depth at LB but these are the types of kids who play special teams. You still never want to lose a kid and especially a local one at that.
        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          I heard that he was switching over to DE anyways
          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Some kids are on the team because of what they can offer the team, those are the kids you want. Others have different aspirations, you hope they go elsewhere. Not saying that is the case here but it may be. Augie is in his backyard and he will certainly get more chances to play. When you aren't on scholarship its a lot easier to leave.
            We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

It happens guys, not that he isn't a good kid or a talented player or anything but he looked t the depth chart and went another route, good luck to him. No matter what he was and always will bea jackrabbit
              BISON FOOTBALL

Comment

Originally posted by tjbison View Post
                It happens guys, not that he isn't a good kid or a talented player or anything but he looked t the depth chart and went another route, good luck to him. No matter what he was and always will bea jackrabbit
                Looks like I openned a can of worms with the second comment on this thread. But it seems to echo volumnes about the often made comment, "recruiting is a crap shoot". Apparently this was not a good match talent wise or academically. Not knowing Brandon or his family, I stop right there and say no more except to wish him the best at Augustana. Its a good school started by Norwegian Lutherans.

Comment

Working...
                X