Twins Tickets - Advice Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Twins Tickets - Advice Needed

I am preparing to take the family to catch a game at Target field on Father's day. Not a Twins fan but we haven't seen Target Field yet and thought it was about time. Would love to hear people's advice for best way to buy tickets/parking/anything gameday I should take in. Won't be taking in any bar/drinking activities as I will be with the wife and kids (12 year old twins).
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten

Re: Twins Tickets - Advice Needed

Originally posted by EQguy View Post
    I am preparing to take the family to catch a game at Target field on Father's day. Not a Twins fan but we haven't seen Target Field yet and thought it was about time. Would love to hear people's advice for best way to buy tickets/parking/anything gameday I should take in. Won't be taking in any bar/drinking activities as I will be with the wife and kids (12 year old twins).
    Park at MOA and ride the train to Target Field. Spend some time wandering around the stadium, absolutely beautiful field.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
      Park at MOA and ride the train to Target Field. Spend some time wandering around the stadium, absolutely beautiful field.
      I'll second this. I live here in the Cities and still park at MOA and ride the Light Rail to downtown. Just easier. Event pass is like $3 per person to ride the rail.

Tickets...you can probably get them really cheap on Stub Hub these days with how poor the Twins have been. Even though they're playing well now I would guess tickets are still cheap. Scalpers have been taking it in the shorts all season because of the team's record.
      I updated my signature for the first time in six years.

Comment

Thanks guys. Will take the advice. Bought tickets on stubhub for a little more than I was hoping but it is a Sunday afternoon game on father's day. Got seats in the Legends Club section N. Ever experience those seats?
        "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
        -Leo Rosten

Comment

The Legends club is my favorite place to sit. Make sure you allow some time to wander around in the club and look at all of the mororabilia from the "legends" like Harmon Kellebrew and Kirby Puckett. It will take more than just a few minutes. Once you get to the stadium and present your ticket to attain entrance, keep it handy. You will need it again to get into the Legends Club area of the stadium. You will be treated well once inside. The food is still extra, but the lines are shorter.
          Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

EQ,

Did you enjoy the Legends Club?

I was Minute Maid Park in Houston tonight and saw the Astros try very hard (but not quite) to give the Royals back the seven run lead that they took into the top of the 9th.

The Astros will be in the American League next season. I think that Twins fans in the area and those who choose to travel will enjoy this ballpark. It is a lot better for an indoor park than the Metrodome.
            Finding is never about seeking. It is about opening yourself to what is already there. - Henry Meloux

Comment

It was a good time. Very glad we bought those seats as the 80 and sunny forecast turned to 65, windy and rainy. My son and wife spent the 3rd through 7th innings in the club staying warm. It was also a nice place to spend a 45 min rain delay. Not a huge fan of the twins but got to see a 15 inning game that was pretty exciting in a few different moments. We did park at MOA and ride the light rail which was also fun for the kids. All in all it was a very good fathers day
              -Leo Rosten

Comment

Working...
              X