New Home Jersey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Home Jersey

Saw this over on TV's blog. Here is a shot of the new Under Armour jersey (supposedly). What are your thoughts?

At first glance, I like the darker blue (at least judging by the picture) compared to last year and also like that we appear to finally have a Valley patch that matches the jersey color and is not just a big white square on the shoulder.

Not a fan of the striping below the arm pits though but that may not be too visible with shoulder pads.

SDSU.jpg
    “Who's more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?” - Obi-Wan Kenobi

Re: New Home Jersey

at first glance i'm turned off by them. although could be different story on the field. i just think under armour's a knockoff cheesy version of nike. at the end of the day it's only a football jersey tho

Comment

They look nice. I like the stripe under the arm.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I dont care what they wear, just so they win, wearing them.

Comment

I'm gonna have to make some changes to the jacks uniforms in ncaa 2012 this year.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            I dont care what they wear, just so they win, wearing them.
            I would agree, but I would like to see yellow jerseys worn. If the Bison can win in yellow, why cant SDSU?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
              I would agree, but I would like to see yellow jerseys worn. If the Bison can win in yellow, why cant SDSU?
              Can I answer this question?

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                We can strive to be like the Bison in a lot of ways, but PLEASE not a yellow jersey. The NDSU yellow jersey could be the most god-awful pile of crap I have ever seen. (and yes I have seen Maryland's and all of Oregon's uniforms).

I would rather see an alternate yellow or white helmet, or bring back the white pants.

Comment

Yellow Jerseys with Dark Blue numbers and pants would be cool to see.. maybe as an alternate for Hobo Day?
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                    Can I answer this question?
                    Does it involve TOB being the nick mertens of SDSU?
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      Does it involve TOB being the nick mertens of SDSU?
                      hahahaha, no...especially since your boy TOB decided to chill and have some "brownies". I was thinking more along the line of naming the Bison football roster.

Comment

Dont like the armpit stripes, still dont like the white outline of numbers. Blue with solid yellow numbers with no high lights or stripes or anything are the sharpest unis we have had with the yellow pants.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by TransAmBison View Post
                          hahahaha, no...especially since your boy TOB decided to chill and have some "brownies". I was thinking more along the line of naming the Bison football roster.
                          You mean the one with all the SD kids on it? just kidding. Is NDSU getting new look unis? or sticking with the uglies?

Comment

While I haven't posted a lot in the last couple years, I have been trying to keep up on reading the forums. Gotta weigh in on the unis. It's something I've been anticipating with a mix of excitement and fear ...

If the leaked photo is accurate, it's not bad. I like how the MVFC logo is more integrated rather than a patch. I like the yellow numbers edged in white. I'm not crazy about the yellow under arms or the rounded font. Maybe they will look better on the field. Can't wait to find out!

I guess I'm old school when it comes to uniforms, no matter the sport. I just prefer a clean, traditional, classic look with a few tweaks here and there every few years. Some have said "it's only a jersey/uniform", but it's also our brand. Our identity. When you look on the field or court, or turn a game on TV, you want to be able to say "That's South Dakota State!", not "Who's that?"

I'm not TOTALLY against alternate unis, but if you're going to do it, why not an ACCURATE top to bottom throwback? I pray we NEVER go to a yellow football jersey. Think for a few minutes ... does anybody realize how awful that would look? Augustana has all yellow football uniforms, top to bottom. Talk about a pile of crap! And it was visually painful to watch NDSU in the FCS Championship. Sorry, Nidaros: I don't want to look like NDSU ... we're SOUTH Dakota State! And don't even get me started on BFBS (Black For Black's Sake). Why can't we be unique by NOT following every fad that comes down the road?

Finally (I promise!), if you have an interest in uniforms, I highly recommend Paul Lukas' daily Uni Watch blog: http://www.uni-watch.com/ The leaked photo of our football jersey got a mention and link in today's "ticker" section!
                            "You trusted us"

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                              You mean the one with all the SD kids on it? just kidding. Is NDSU getting new look unis? or sticking with the uglies?
                              Nothing has been mentioned, so I am guessing we will have green as the regular unis, and the yellow as alternate.

Comment

Working...
                              X