2012 Season Ticket #'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Season Ticket #'s

Jacks have reached a new record total of 2610 season tickets sold for the 2012 season. Headed in the right direction, but still have some work to do.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205422981

Re: 2012 Season Ticket #'s

The last two season ticket records were set after losing seasons, hopefully we can see what the record will be after hopefully a winning season.

Comment

Only 10,000 to go! I assume adding USD is going to really spike your avg attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by Twentysix View Post
        Only 10,000 to go! I assume adding USD is going to really spike your avg attendance.
        One game will not "really spike" our average attendance in a 10000 seat stadium.

Last season, we drew 10K, 12K, 11K, 15K, and 12K for the home games. The average attendance was about 12.5K.

If the lowest attended game of the year was replaced by 17K USD crowd (a record crowd I believe), the average attendance would have been around 13.8K.

If the highest attended game of the year was replaced by a 17KUSD crowd, the average attendance would have been around 12.9K.

So, I guess it would be bigger, but not dramatically bigger IMO. The USD game should be a nice gate, but it won't make or break our season numbers.

Next year could be a different story I guess with NDSU and UNI on the road, the average attendance could suffer a little so a big USD game could bring up the average more.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I think the steady increases in season ticket sales is largely due to the increase in attendance. It is getting harder to walk up, buy a GA ticket, and get a reasonable seat (or any seat). Solution, buy a season ticket. Thet really aren't expensive and you always have a seat.
          You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

I just bought season tickets for the first time this year. I ended up buying 4 and I'm pumped! Anyone else buying season tickets for the first time?
            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
              I just bought season tickets for the first time this year. I ended up buying 4 and I'm pumped! Anyone else buying season tickets for the first time?
              My first year of buying season tickets was 2005 and i remember how pumped i was too. We had just moved to Dell Rapids and was closer to Brookings. We recently moved back to Mitchell but i'll still buy season tickets every year.

Comment

My first year getting season tickets also, can't wait for the season to start also.

Comment

I usually get a press pass and watch the game from the press box... that way I can interview the coaches afterwards and have a sports story on the radio for the next Monday. So it's mixing work with pleasure, in a way.
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Originally posted by jackrabit1 View Post
                    I usually get a press pass and watch the game from the press box... that way I can interview the coaches afterwards and have a sports story on the radio for the next Monday. So it's mixing work with pleasure, in a way.
                    Does that mean you don't buy a ticket?

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                      Does that mean you don't buy a ticket?
                      It also means that I report on the game to my radio station. I go there to work first, enjoy second. In fact, I NEVER root in the press box. That is simply poor form and unprofessional. I'm a fan but I can also keep it in check to do my job.
                      I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

It also means that I report on the game to my radio station. I go there to work first, enjoy second. In fact, I NEVER root in the press box. That is simply poor form and unprofessional. I'm a fan but I can also keep it in check to do my job.
                        I never said you did anything unethical or wrong. I simply asked if you bought a ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                          I never said you did anything unethical or wrong. I simply asked if you bought a ticket.
                          I think the answer is NO. Thats why they have the press id's so they dont have to buy a ticket. I suspect it works the same way in Vermillion. Considering the publicity the institution receives from the coverage, I would think it's worth giving them free passes. BTW if you can can find 1390 KJAM, Madison SD, you will hear jackrabbit1 reports.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                            I think the answer is NO. Thats why they have the press id's so they dont have to buy a ticket. I suspect it works the same way in Vermillion. Considering the publicity the institution receives from the coverage, I would think it's worth giving them free passes. BTW if you can can find 1390 KJAM, Madison SD, you will hear jackrabbit1 reports.
                            We're also on-line at AmazingMadison.com, too.
                            I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

We're also on-line at AmazingMadison.com, too.
                              Do you do radio as a profession?

Comment

Working...
                              X