X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacks sign 2

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205422098

Re: Jacks sign 2

Jacks pick up another. Looks great on paper.

http://www.gojacks.com/ViewArticle.d...CLID=205422559

Comment

Yet another marquee signing by our new wrestling coach:

http://awn.theopenmat.com/2012/05/bo...g-12-champion/

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
        Yet another marquee signing by our new wrestling coach:

http://awn.theopenmat.com/2012/05/bo...g-12-champion/
        Wow a Big 12 champion and a transfer from Nebraska. I suspect he has to sit one year.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
          Wow a Big 12 champion and a transfer from Nebraska. I suspect he has to sit one year.
          No by the sounds of the article he sat out last year (was away from wrestling).

Comment

For the first time in years, our wrestling team has credibility and it feels like there is so much momentum now.

I hope we can keep Coach Bono for as long as we can.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
              No by the sounds of the article he sat out last year (was away from wrestling).
              That is good news. I guess I missed that detail. Thanks.

Comment

Haven't been to a wrestling match at State for years, but look foward to taking in a match this year. Coach Bono has brought some excitement back to the program.

Comment

I have been very impressed with Coach Bono's signings so far... he has definitely been a shot in the arm for the Jackrabbits this off-season.
                  I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

Finally a ray of hope within the wrestling program. I also thought SDSU needed a new voice and has potential to be a top notch DI program.

Comment

Now it would be fun to have Bono sign an elite SD wrestler and keep 'em in state instead of heading to the big conferences. The next elite on the horizon is Nate Rotert from Spearfish. Rotert, a junior at 195, won his first state title this year. However, he is ranked nationally by InterMat and The Open Mat, and he just won his 2nd consecutive national high school title in Virginia Beach, VA. I have no idea who is recruiting him, but he has to be on the radar of many DI programs.

Comment

Great signings! I think Rotert is a definite possibility here. Go Jacks!

Comment

One person I would have really liked to have joined the program was Morgan Engbrecht but he decided to go D-2 at Augie. 3-timer that went undefeated this year and was ranked 29th nationally at 126 and finished a true 2nd at Nationals at 120. Bummer to see him go D-2 but a lot of very very good wrestlers go D-2 in wrestling. Another one that would have been great to have is Havlik from Mitchell that is going to Wyoming. Theres no reason why they should get out of state if they aren't going Big 10 and esp. if they are going to the same conference as SDSU
                          "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

TV just tweeted:

"SDSU wrestling makes official the addition of ex-Big 12 champ David Klingsheim (125) and lands California juco champ Eric Orozco (133)."

That has to be some great news!!!

SUPERBUNNY
                            MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

It appears Bono is doing major rebuilding. If he keeps finding these skill guys, we could have the Bison wanting to be on the same mat as the Jacks real soon. ( For those who do not get this Bucky Maughn retired NDSU wrestling coach made a comment that the Jack did not belong on the same mat as his great and mighty bison. It was one of the low points for the Jacks)

Comment

Working...
                              X