Bison score without ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bison score without ball

Congrats to NDSU. They are the big winners in USD's rather odd decision to play its biggest home football game of 2012 on the road, on a high school field in Sioux Falls. The Bison have been relieved of two hours of driving time and won't have to spend any time in the Dakota Dome in Vermillion. I hope USD extends the same courtesy to the Jacks in 2013.
    This space for lease.

Re: Bison score without ball

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Congrats to NDSU. They are the big winners in USD's rather odd decision to play its biggest home football game of 2012 on the road, on a high school field in Sioux Falls. The Bison have been relieved of two hours of driving time and won't have to spend any time in the Dakota Dome in Vermillion. I hope USD extends the same courtesy to the Jacks in 2013.

Its never taken me 2 hours to drive from Sioux Falls to Vermillion.

Comment

The Bison will save an hour of driving time on the trip down, and another hour on the trip home. That's two.
      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
        Its never taken me 2 hours to drive from Sioux Falls to Vermillion.
        Strong math department in Brookings, huh?

Comment

Jack_Up, we certainly will be extremely courteous to you, but that courtesy will be in Vermillion. I assure you of that. Now the reference to a high school field? Are you positive you want to go there? I have played many a game at CAS.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
            Jack_Up, we certainly will be extremely courteous to you, but that courtesy will be in Vermillion. I assure you of that. Now the reference to a high school field? Are you positive you want to go there? I have played many a game at CAS.
            "High School Field" as in...is HWF home to College or High School teams?? Pretty sure it's all High School being played nowadays at HWF.

Good luck to the Yotes in SF. I expect you to get boat-raced by 35 points in front of a huge(way over 50%) contingent of Bison fans...If I were USD's AD, I wouldn't want most of my "fans" to see that either.

Go Jacks!!
            SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

Re: Bison score without ball, courtesy of USD

Thanks in advance for the courtesy, YoteForever. I'll be the first to admit that CAS needs a lot of work. Hopefully it will continue to be improved in coming years. In the meantime, unless Globe University, Colorado Tech or National American University start playing intramural games at Howard Wood, no college team will call it home. It's owned by the school district and hosts a few big high school games and track meets every year. That's about it. Augie and USF have their own football stadiums, which are smaller but nicer.
              This space for lease.

Comment

The more exposure to this subject, the more convinced I am that USD made a good move. The Bison following will come down in droves. Expect the North side to be solid Green and Gold.

Comment

Thanks in advance for the courtesy, YoteForever. I'll be the first to admit that CAS needs a lot of work. Hopefully it will continue to be improved in coming years. In the meantime, unless Globe University, Colorado Tech or National American University start playing intramural games at Howard Wood, no college team will call it home. It's owned by the school district and hosts a few big high school games and track meets every year. That's about it. Augie and USF have their own football stadiums, which are smaller but nicer.
                  I understand my friend. Only high school teams use it. But it isn't a lot different than CAS, that was my point. It's so nice to be courteous to one another, isn't it?

Comment

It seems to me that much of what USD does is based on the splash factor. They do things that make a splash in the local media but don't really have much long term effect, or worse yet have the potential to do long term damage.

Things like their billboard. Sure it got them in the news for a few days, but the splash has worn off and they are still paying for a billboard that promotes a game that is played on our campus. A game that we make money on. Worse yet when we paste them you know the jokes about it will fly and that will be embarrassing for he Yote fans.

Now they are giving up a home football game to make a splash. They have made a splash but, soon the splash will dissipate and when the game is played USD will run the risk of having the Bison outdraw them and crush them because they gave up their home field advantage. This too will be embarrassing for the Yotes.

The folks at the Sioux Falls Sports Authority are no dummies. They know that Yote fans don't support their team well, that is why they insisted that the game to be moved would be the NDSU game. They are counting on the NDSU fans filling the place if that was not the case they could have chosen one of the other games on the Yotes home schedule. That is a sad indictment of USD's fans.

We all know how hard it is to win Missouri Valley Conference road games and if the goal is to make the playoffs why in the world would USD give up a home game? You lower your chances of a win and of making the FCS playoffs for a little publicity, that will soon be gone. I just don't know about this move.

To me it appears that the leadership of USD is very shortsighted. For the sake of short term publicity they are willing to make sacrifices to their opportunity for long term success and to be honest I kinda hope they keep doing it.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                      It seems to me that much of what USD does is based on the splash factor. They do things that make a splash in the local media but don't really have much long term effect, or worse yet have the potential to do long term damage. Things like their billboard. Sure it got them in the news for a few days, but the splash has worn off and they are still paying for a billboard that promotes a game that is played on our campus. A game that we make money on. Worse yet when we paste them you know the jokes about it will fly and that will be embarrassing for he Yote fans. Now they are giving up a home football game to make a splash. They have made a splash but, soon the splash will dissipate and when the game is played USD will run the risk of having the Bison outdraw them and crush them because they gave up their home field advantage. This too will be embarrassing for the Yotes. The folks at the Sioux Falls Sports Authority are no dummies. They know that Yote fans don't support their team well, that is why they insisted that the game to be moved would be the NDSU game. They are counting on the NDSU fans filling the place if that was not the case they could have chosen one of the other games on the Yotes home schedule. That is a sad indictment of USD's fans. We all know how hard it is to win Missouri Valley Conference road games and if the goal is to make the playoffs why in the world would USD give up a home game? You lower your chances of a win and of making the FCS playoffs for a little publicity, that will soon be gone. I just don't know about this move. To me it appears that the leadership of USD is very shortsighted. For the sake of short term publicity they are willing to make sacrifices to their opportunity for long term success and to be honest I kinda hope they keep doing it.
                      Stay tuned my friend. Then you will understand who is short sighted and who had vision.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                        Stay tuned my friend. Then you will understand who is short sighted and who had vision.
                        Says the fan of the school that is always following us around. It has been quite some time since the U has shown any vision, but we will see.

Comment

Says the fan of the school that is always following us around. It has been quite some time since the U has shown any vision, but we will see.
                          Not fair. USD was the first to decide not to go DI and then change their mind and say they planned to go DI the whole time and were just biding their time, gathering info and developing a strategy that will guarantee success. I know it seems I'm being contrite but this is what I've been told by more than one person.

I sure don't want to see the Jackrabbits play the Bison or the Coyotes on a neutral field when the game is suppose to be in Brookings. I'd be all for it if it was an away game. If USD wants to play games in SF go for it, it didn't work that well for SDSU doesn't mean it can't work for USD. Time will tell.
                          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Here comes the infamous, yet predictable chant........." We were first, we were first..."

Comment

The Bison will save an hour of driving time on the trip down, and another hour on the trip home. That's two.
                              It was a little early when i posted , apparently.

Comment

Working...
                              X