Spring Ball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Ball

Ok Guys - Spring Ball has been going on for a week. Off season is over, time to get posting.

Does anyone in Brookings have any updates? How do the Jacks look? What position battles are occuring? How is the new O - line coach doing? What is Eidness doing differantly than Meadows? What players look better after off season conditioning? Is Klein any threat to upseat Sumner? Will Klien be happy backing up Sumner for 3 more years? Did Dijon Starr make it back on the team? Who are the starting LB's and DB's? Wideouts? Where is Kool playing this year?

C'mon guys - winter is over.

Re: Spring Ball

Sounds like they're working on the fundamentals right now...

http://www.argusleader.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

That's about the most we'll probably hear about this from TV. He's on a company-mandated furlough this week... of course the Argus' parent company just paid its outgoing CEO a 32-million dollar severance package, but our favorite writer has to take an unpaid week off.....

Sorry, on a bit of a rant and some thread drift.
    I am Ed. Fear me.

Comment

From what i hear there is no chance theres any other starter than Sumner. Look what the kid did last year. Take into consideration what he did in just 9 games. Stats will only be better along with wins.

Comment

i wonder if kline has the athleticism to play wide receiver, from what ive heard he's one heck of an athlete. of course our coaches need to have the balls this year...
        this startin like crap and takin ourselves out of the playoffs then finishing strong is getting old, lets pound town all the way through the season haha

Comment

Originally posted by shot_5533 View Post
          Ok Guys - Spring Ball has been going on for a week. Off season is over, time to get posting.

Does anyone in Brookings have any updates? How do the Jacks look? What position battles are occuring? How is the new O - line coach doing? What is Eidness doing differantly than Meadows? What players look better after off season conditioning? Is Klein any threat to upseat Sumner? Will Klien be happy backing up Sumner for 3 more years? Did Dijon Starr make it back on the team? Who are the starting LB's and DB's? Wideouts? Where is Kool playing this year?

C'mon guys - winter is over.
          He has said on twitter that he is going to rejoin the team in the Fall.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
            i wonder if kline has the athleticism to play wide receiver, from what ive heard he's one heck of an athlete. of course our coaches need to have the balls this year... this startin like crap and takin ourselves out of the playoffs then finishing strong is getting old, lets pound town all the way through the season haha
            I was just going to post something about if he went the Ryan Tannehill route and plays wide reciever for a few years than plays QB his senior year. Would be something that I think they should explore and try out. I think it would work pretty well if the coaches decide to try it out.
            "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

If Klein is as athletic as some are saying, maybe he'll see some work in the Flash (Wildcat) set, as he certainly has the size to run between the tackles. It would add more of a passing threat to the package and could get him some valuable reps for the future.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

A good team has got to have a talented backup and future QB, and Kline fits that description. Use him in the flash now and then, perhaps, but it wouldn't make sense to convert him to receiver, would it?
                This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  A good team has got to have a talented backup and future QB, and Kline fits that description. Use him in the flash now and then, perhaps, but it wouldn't make sense to convert him to receiver, would it?
                  Agreed. Have to have a back-up ready to play. No reason to have him switch positions.
                  "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                  "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                    Agreed. Have to have a back-up ready to play. No reason to have him switch positions.
                    See Ryan Tannehill. QBs know the WR routes so if you are going to use him, why not use something that he already knows the plays too instead of trying to implement something different that he doesnt know. Backups can be ready to play, but that doesn't mean they can't play WR, because they already know the routes.

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post
                      See Ryan Tannehill. QBs know the WR routes so if you are going to use him, why not use something that he already knows the plays too instead of trying to implement something different that he doesnt know. Backups can be ready to play, but that doesn't mean they can't play WR, because they already know the routes.
                      Just because the QB knows where a WR is supposed to end up on a certain route doesn't mean he knows the details about how to get there. Plus,if I was a head coach,I wouldn't risk the chance of my primary back-up QB getting hurt playing a position where I have 6 or 8 players on the roster who were recruited to play that position.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        Just because the QB knows where a WR is supposed to end up on a certain route doesn't mean he knows the details about how to get there. Plus,if I was a head coach,I wouldn't risk the chance of my primary back-up QB getting hurt playing a position where I have 6 or 8 players on the roster who were recruited to play that position.
                        The QB knows the routes of the WR and learning the routes would be no different than learning the Wildcat. If he was the primarily back-up than why would they risk him getting hurt in the Wildcat where he is more likely to get hurt because the Wildcat QB runs the half the time. It happens in D1 college football more than you think.

Comment

The QB knows the routes of the WR and learning the routes would be no different than learning the Wildcat. If he was the primarily back-up than why would they risk him getting hurt in the Wildcat where he is more likely to get hurt because the Wildcat QB runs the half the time. It happens in D1 college football more than you think.
                          Has Stig ever had a QB run the Flash ? Seems to me it has always been a RB like Minett or Kool. Sumner probably moves well enough to do it,but he never did as the back-up QB.

Comment

Yes, I saw Ryan Tannehill lead aTm to a very mediocre record this season after playing WR previously.

Additionally, say Stig, for some reason, moved him to WR. He gets hurt and isn't available to back up Sumner and we are looking at a third-string QB being one play away from the captain's seat. Why even risk that with the talent we have at WR?

Simply, it doesn't make sense.
                            "All I know is what I read on the message boards."
                            "Oh, well, there's your problem, then."

Comment

Originally posted by KUlawJack View Post
                              Yes, I saw Ryan Tannehill lead aTm to a very mediocre record this season after playing WR previously.
                              I don't care about this argument one way or the other. But Tannehill playing WR before this year and TAMU having a mediocre record last year have nothing to do with each other.
                              Originally posted by JackFan96
                              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Working...
                              X