Huge ESPN Screw-up!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge ESPN Screw-up!!!!!!!!!

So I'm watching the Weber St. Montana game on ESPN 2 and coming out of a commercial break they have a Tickets Punched graphic with Harvard, SDSU and Western Kentucky. Beside each school they have thier school logo, and what do I see beside SDSU, A RED PAW WITH AN INTERLOCKING S&D!!!!!!!! Unacceptable, worse than being called San Diego State. Lets nuke Bristol!!!!

Re: Huge ESPN Screw-up!!!!!!!!!

We are the Rodney Dangerfield of College Sports. We can only hope that if 605 gets good they call them the Univ of San Diego.

Comment

If they showed the logo for Central Florida for Southern Florida, I don't think I would notice (maybe a bad example, I can't think of schools who I wouldn't recognize their logo, because I don't know their logo). I bet it happens to someone at least once a day on ESPN, could it be we are just hypersensitive? Obviously, its still BS, but when you are talking about keeping hundreds of schools/logos straight in a relatively real-time sports cast, I can see how some mishaps would happen, more so when school initials are involved.
      “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
        If they showed the logo for Central Florida for Southern Florida, I don't think I would notice (maybe a bad example, I can't think of schools who I wouldn't recognize their logo, because I don't know their logo). I bet it happens to someone at least once a day on ESPN, could it be we are just hypersensitive? Obviously, its still BS, but when you are talking about keeping hundreds of schools/logos straight in a relatively real-time sports cast, I can see how some mishaps would happen, more so when school initials are involved.
        When its your job to know and cover this stuff you are suppose to know it. Inexcusable.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I think it's a fairly major screw-up. I also think we're undoubtedly hypersensitive.

I've seen the Kansas Jayhawk shown beside Kansas State's name. OK, once. But still . . .
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

http://twitpic.com/8te0kb

Comment

As a mid major you normally don't get much face time on epsn so when you do and its your moment to bask in the glory and it shows your rivals logo.

Find it funny how often you hear people on espn make reference to jackrabbits being their favorite macot but they still can't get it right. Was it Wry Tingo hosting or doing the logos?

It would have been even better it it said san diego state and had the usd logo. That would be an espn classic.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Suggestion:

If people keep it calm, professional and to the point, comments to ESPN about being more careful in showing the correct logo for SD State (as they call it) will have a positive impact. Obnoxious emails rubbing ESPN's nose in the mistake will not be effective. I encourage everyone to send a note to ESPN using the link provided by filbert above. The more contact they receive, so long as it is presented well, the better.

Remember ESPN has given SDSU a lot of great attention. Andy Katz and others have made many spontaneous remarks about the Jackrabbits, all of which place our university in a very positive light. Bob Valvano talked about our school in a manner which cannot be purchased or put together by the best marketing minds.

We've all seen examples of how one nut case can cause others to think there's something wrong with an entire fan base. Don't be that nutcase.

So, send a nice note, concluding with your thanks for their coverage of the Jackrabbits.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                  Suggestion:

If people keep it calm, professional and to the point, comments to ESPN about being more careful in showing the correct logo for SD State (as they call it) will have a positive impact. Obnoxious emails rubbing ESPN's nose in the mistake will not be effective. I encourage everyone to send a note to ESPN using the link provided by filbert above. The more contact they receive, so long as it is presented well, the better.

Remember ESPN has given SDSU a lot of great attention. Andy Katz and others have made many spontaneous remarks about the Jackrabbits, all of which place our university in a very positive light. Bob Valvano talked about our school in a manner which cannot be purchased or put together by the best marketing minds.

We've all seen examples of how one nut case can cause others to think there's something wrong with an entire fan base. Don't be that nutcase.

So, send a nice note, concluding with your thanks for their coverage of the Jackrabbits.
                  I think I can best help SDSU out by doing nothing. That what I have planned. People make mistakes all the time. Sioux Falls is not even a quarter of a million people, and they seem to have problems with these places, so what can you expect when they hear of South Dakota State going to the big dance for the first time. Its no big deal as far as I am concerned. Now kick me in the arse.

Comment

Personally I think they do it on purpose. Even post-game on College Basketball Live, not-Gottlieb said was talking South Dakota State, slips in a SanDiego State, Gottlieb's face, just said "You idiot", then Not-Gottlieb went right back to South Dakota State. I think it has become a running internal joke with the Worldwide Wieners, who can slip in a "South Dakota State" and wait for the hate mail. Personally if they were smart they'd just switch to Jacks, Rabbits, or Jackrabbits. We are the only ones after all.
                    With fans like this who needs enemas.....

Comment

Originally posted by Theee Catrabbit View Post
                      Personally I think they do it on purpose. Even post-game on College Basketball Live, not-Gottlieb said was talking South Dakota State, slips in a SanDiego State, Gottlieb's face, just said "You idiot", then Not-Gottlieb went right back to South Dakota State. I think it has become a running internal joke with the Worldwide Wieners, who can slip in a "South Dakota State" and wait for the hate mail. Personally if they were smart they'd just switch to Jacks, Rabbits, or Jackrabbits. We are the only ones after all.
                      That's why the complaints should be businesslike and polite: "Hey, on or about X:30 on your XYZ broadcast, you showed the ABC-U logo when you were supposed to show the SDSU logo. Just thought you should know. Cheers."
                      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Most viewers wondered how the Padres made the big dance and why they now have a paw as part of their logo.
                        @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
                        --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

You can't really mean this. On purpose?

Comment

Gottlieb's face was really funny. He knew that the guy messed it up and he smirked and used "South Dakota State" as fast as he could.

Comment

Alternate hypothesis: ESPN goes out of its way to hire morons.

The question is: how to test?
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                              X